New Bafang Crank-Drives

EM3ev Although they did get behind on some batteries. At least those who ordered knew why and were communicated with. More and more it's becoming obvious that for consistency Paul and USA vendors are the best bet. I know $100 is a lot of money in many of our economies but i'd rather give up a few tavern trips, dinners out, or whatever to get a vendor that gives a shit. Imagine now what happens if there is a problem with a battery from a vendor that communicates poorly on the original sale.

I'm very sorry to read an E Bike pal is having to sit through this inconvenience. I'm afraid we're learning we get what we pay for...

Good luck, must be frustrating, given the good weather, to wait so long!

T

Back today.

speedmd said:
China is on holiday now I heard. Anyone know for certain? That would explain some delay.

Yeah i was lucky with that. EM3ev had a few of the battery i ordered already made up and rushed it out before the holiday.

astmacca said:
Yeah i was lucky with that. EM3ev had a few of the battery i ordered already made up and rushed it out before the holiday.

Yeah, Paul and Moon rushed mine out the door before the holiday as well and it arrived today. So fast that it has beaten my 3 tools I ordered from Chain Reaction Cycles!! Arrrhhhhhhh. astmacca, I've sent you an email for a kind loan of your tools please so I can get this baby on the road. It's frustrating sitting here looking at the kit.

Anyone know where Can I buy new display for Bafang BBS02 750w? I mean vertical display.

tumich said:
Anyone know where Can I buy new display for Bafang BBS02 750w? I mean vertical display.

Since you last asked, no.

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=50104&p=951606&hilit=c965#p951606

You could try direct to the manufacturer.

http://elektrolurchbike.de/test/manual%20bafang%20C965.pdf

http://www.b-t-n.cn/product/915108668-214733447/BTN_pedelec_LCD_display.html

Also listed as 800U display or BTN 800U or 800U LCD

Multiple search using several combinations bring up several wholesalers but few retail sellers. Retial can be found in Germany but 88EU pus high shipping.

speedmd said:
China is on holiday now I heard. Anyone know for certain? That would explain some delay.

Yeah, Golden Week has been going on but is now ended so things should start back up.

-=dave

skyungjae said:
bah... I'm starting to regret ordering from bmsbattery.com. I put my order in on 9/20, and it's still in the "testing" phase. :x

They aren't testing it, they are waiting for it to arrive from the factory.

Despite what the webiste says, they don't hold anything in stock. Everything is ordered from the factory is response to customer orders and they group orders up, hence considerable delay occasionally. If it says "253 items in stock" that means the factory can allocate them 253 items if required.

tumich said:

I've only got a C961 for sale - sorry.

800U aka C965 Other than esthetics it seems to only add a warning buzzer and outside temp. Internal temp would be more useful to many. I can see some might like the look better. I did, but an hour of searching every term and part number combination only got me a German site for €88. Ouch.

searching again, this time here. :roll: Manual lists for 24V & 36V

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/wholesale-LCD-display-voltmeter-for-electric-bicycle-with-lithium-battery-with-free-shipping-24v-36v-ebike/417191_1102053391.html

From manual.

actually, i have a couple of follow up questions:

1. in the Bafang C961 display when you set the tyre size (default is 26") there is no option for 27.5". I assume you just have to choose the nearest size such as 28", but then the speedo will be out?
2. I'm wanting to disable the bike so my kids don't inadvertently set it off by playing with the pedals or the thumb throttle. I assume turning the C961 display off achieves this? It seems to when I tested it but just wanted to check this is the best way (short of disconnecting the battery).

thanks

I assume you just have to choose the nearest size such as 28", but then the speedo will be out?

I guess so. Would be interesting to calibrate it against a smartphone GPS based app. May not actually be much out.

Leaving the display turned off will disable it. Until the kids work out which button it is.

I reckon anything to do with electronics and kids is like some sort of arms race that parents invariably lose. :(

A guy at work has some soft jaw rabbit traps?? That would keep the offsprung at bay?? :)

RPM 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100 110 120 130
GEAR
46x11 9.81 13.08 16.35 19.62 22.89 26.16 29.43 32.70 35.97 39.25 42.52
48x11 10.23 13.65 17.06 20.47 23.88 27.29 30.70 34.11 37.52 40.94 44.35
52x11 11.10 14.80 18.50 22.20 25.91 29.61 33.31 37.01 40.71 44.41 48.11

I'm slowing wading through all 146 pages of this post.

I thought I'd make a chart of speeds for different gear ratios and cadences. As you can see you can go quite fast with 46x11. 130 RPM is not all that challenging for an experienced cyclist especially with the assistance of 750 watts . Good track riders can top 200 RPM.

Sorry, the numbers don't line up after the submit button is pressed.

The speeds are for a 700x23 tire. A 29er tire would have slightly higher speeds.

I've been absolutely loving my BBS02! Over the past month or so I've been commuting to work several times per week and for the most part things have been working great. All except for one problem. I'm now on my 3rd flat rear tire!

Is it common to have increased flat tires due to all the extra weight/stress etc? Or is there some other issue I need to figure out?

Also, I'm using the stock mountain bike'ish tires which probably aren't the best for on-road commuting. Any recommendations for better on road tires?

paulbram said:
Also, I'm using the stock mountain bike'ish tires which probably aren't the best for on-road commuting. Any recommendations for better on road tires?

I put these on mine and the OH's electric. With "thorn resistant" (thick) tubes.

http://www.torpedo7.com.au/products/01TYTNNLC/title/schwalbe-land-cruiser-wire-bead-tyre---26-x-1-75

They roll really well. A mate was getting 3 punctures a week commuting a year or so ago. He put the 700c version on his bike and 0 punctures on the same route since.

I actually asked my mum before i bought these as i was thinking liners and Slime. She is in the Oldies bike club here and at 82 still rides 3x the km/wk that i do.

Advice from them is avoid liners and Slime. Just buy good quality tyres.

Brilliant tyre (Land cruisers), roll way quicker than your average crossover tyre and dead silent, the puncture gaurd isnt paticulraly thick but the tread keeps the tube along way off the ground and as a bonus, on dry off road they work nicely. Oh and cheap :)

The trouble with thorn resistant tubes it that they are very stiff, the tires ride noticeably poorer than with a regular tube.

I use a thin tube and tire liner, no slime. I still get flats but far fewer than without the liners.

astmacca said:
paulbram said:

I put these on mine and the OH's electric. With "thorn resistant" (thick) tubes.

http://www.torpedo7.com.au/products/01TYTNNLC/title/schwalbe-land-cruiser-wire-bead-tyre---26-x-1-75

They roll really well. A mate was getting 3 punctures a week commuting a year or so ago. He put the 700c version on his bike and 0 punctures on the same route since.

I actually asked my mum before i bought these as i was thinking liners and Slime. She is in the Oldies bike club here and at 82 still rides 3x the km/wk that i do.

Advice from them is avoid liners and Slime. Just buy good quality tyres.

Back