• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

New Bafang Crank-Drives

I installed the 750W BBS02 on my DB bike three months ago,and have run it on 17s Lipo4 batt. So far it's still running quitely and impressive to me indeed.

Attachments

• IMG_0128_副本.jpg
    IMG_0128_副本.jpg
    450.3 KB · Views: 3,126
Still can't get a refund out of NNE bikes on alibaba. He's claiming the 750W has ceased production, and he sent a 500W unit but forgot to tell me.

I'm assuming cellman and others still have 750w stock even if he is right (doubt it, he's been lying about everything else).

Ok folks I have completed some bbso2 adaptor plates ,to take a race face branded 104bcd single speed chain ring wide /narrow .The cost is 50usdollars that includes postage to your door I have four only left and one lucky person will be gifted a ethirten 34t chain ring , pm me if interested these have been a labour of love and have taken far too long, im working on a thin stainless plate with shims to mount to the inside to push the sproket inwards The benifits of using my adaptors include cooler running motor and better hill climbing ability /torque.You will need to use your own mounting bolts and nut bolts for chain ring :D

Sorry to all those who have tryed to pm me for orders cheers mike..

Attachments

• IMG_2014043025972.jpg
    IMG_2014043025972.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 3,052
Samd said:
Still can't get a refund out of NNE bikes on alibaba. He's claiming the 750W has ceased production, and he sent a 500W unit but forgot to tell me.

I'm assuming cellman and others still have 750w stock even if he is right (doubt it, he's been lying about everything else).

That sucks big time and I can understand how annoyed you must be. On a positive note, I think the performance difference between the 750W and 500W would be hardly noticeable. I set my 750W back from the stock 20A setting 18A for a bit safety and overall drive longevity and to be honest I couldn't really feel any performance difference.

Apparently if you had bought a 750W from Cellman, it may well have been set at 16A. Vendors must hate that we now have access to the software lol. Now I have access to the software, I plan to set any installs that I do where I purchase the drive directly, to 18A which is what the 500W units is factory set too.

Anyway, very poor form from NNE bikes but on the plus side, The drive you received will perform practically the same as the 750W version. BTW, 500W versions are about $30 cheaper then the 750W. You should at least get that refunded.

Make sure you get the software going too. A few tweaks we have come up with improve the drive very nicely.

Very Nice.

Have you tried a 32 tooth on the drive? I have not tried it but it looks like the chain would rub against the gear case especially if you have set the chain-ring distance as close as possible to the gear case to keep the chain line as good as possible.

Kepler said:
On a positive note, I think the performance difference between the 750W and 500W would be hardly noticeable. I set my 750W back from the stock 20A setting 18A for a bit safety and overall drive longevity and to be honest I couldn't really feel any performance difference.

Apparently if you had bought a 750W from Cellman, it may well have been set at 16A. Vendors must hate that we now have access to the software lol. Now I have access to the software, I plan to set any installs that I do where I purchase the drive directly, to 18A which is what the 500W units is factory set too.

Anyway, very poor form from NNE bikes but on the plus side, The drive you received will perform practically the same as the 750W version. BTW, 500W versions are about $30 cheaper then the 750W. You should at least get that refunded.
Make sure you get the software going too. A few tweaks we have come up with improve the drive very nicely.

Hey that's good to know! Thanks Kep! :D
I didn't realise anyone had the software in Aus. Better read up on the changes. If I wanted to ask someone else to do it would I just me mailing the display or the whole BB unit? I should read up rather than ask :oops:

No problems. You would need to send the entire unit unfortunately. I would be happy to make the changes if you wanted though. Programming isnt too hard to get going though now the collective have worked out how its done. The programming thread is only 5 pages long so not too much of a slog.

Do you have a CA3 programming cable? If you do, you are practically there. :)

Kepler said:
Very Nice.

Have you tried a 32 tooth on the drive? I have not tried it but it looks like the chain would rub against the gear case especially if you have set the chain-ring distance as close as possible to the gear case to keep the chain line as good as possible.

lowest gearing i use is a 34 t and suits my riding style.Good hill climbing an moderate top speed all with no heat build up .The chain ring sits slightly away from gear side you could fita a 30t That's the smallest 104 bcd they make ......

Attachments

• IMG_2014043018724.jpg
    IMG_2014043018724.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 3,025
Kepler said:
Samd said:

That sucks big time and I can understand how annoyed you must be. On a positive note, I think the performance difference between the 750W and 500W would be hardly noticeable. I set my 750W back from the stock 20A setting 18A for a bit safety and overall drive longevity and to be honest I couldn't really feel any performance difference.

I've read at least one postulation that the 500 W is exactly the same as the 750 W, but with lower controller settings to comply with those countries where 500 W is max allowed. Same with the 250 W and 350 W. If so, the ability to tweak your controller settings (now possible) gives you what you ordered anyway.

Except that we have now discovered that the 500W unit will not accept being programmed with a 20A limit as per the 750W version. 18A is the highest the 500W drive's controller will accept. We suspect it is a firmware thing.

Kepler said:
Except that we have now discovered that the 500W unit will not accept being programmed with a 20A limit as per the 750W version. 18A is the highest the 500W drive's controller will accept. We suspect it is a firmware thing.

Ah, got it.

Samd said:
Well it's been six weeks waiting for my BBS02 750W unit from aliexpress vendor NNEbikes.
No battery yet. Drive finally arrived today - after continual lies and false tracking codes, Michael Wong shipped me a 48V 500W unit and presumably hoped I wouldn't notice.

The 36v 350W unit I ordered from Greenbikekit on the same day arrived nine days later.

Hi,

similar story with kit 750W/ 48V baterry ordered from nnebikes :( Motors delivered after six weeks but still waiting for battery - only promisess and fake tracking numbers assigned ... Did you open dispute ?

I hope you guys get what you ordered!!!

is the 750w bbs02 similar to gng 60V 650w in terms or torque and top speed??
Can it handle 70+ V ??

I know my friend can lift his front wheel with the low torque of the gng, he is using 72V I believe.

Thanks

Mara2000 said:
similar story with kit 750W/ 48V baterry ordered from nnebikes :( Motors delivered after six weeks but still waiting for battery - only promisess and fake tracking numbers assigned ... Did you open dispute ?

If you're buying from AliExpress, be aware that their "dispute resolution service" is pretty average to deal with. If you are being given fake tracking numbers, I'd open a dispute ASAP. They take a VERY long time to sort anything out, and you usually have to follow up, often more than once.

Be sure to check with your credit card provider about disputing a transaction - there is usually a time limit on it, and it's your last recourse!

I've never been left out of pocket, but had only had a 50% success rate so far! Seller upping freight charges after orders placed, faulty goods, and non arrival. I've just ordered a 36V 500W unit from the GEB batteries place - not the cheapest place, but good feedback and a few buyers on here.

Now, Question:

Does anybody have a measurement for the maximum allowable Bottom Bracket Outer diameter?

My "Frankentractor" is a cut/shut/weld/hack type bike, and I can either use the existing "One Piece" BB housing with an adapter to reduce the ID, or while welding it up, I can cut the existing one out and fit the standard cartridge BB from the other bike I'm chopping (But I'd rather not - less work is better!).

I'm not expecting my 36V 500W Bafang for a while yet - just ordered a couple of days ago!

Thanks! 8)

ebike11 said:
I hope you guys get what you ordered!!!

is the 750w bbs02 similar to gng 60V 650w in terms or torque and top speed??

No.

Can it handle 70+ V ??

No, max 63v.

I know my friend can lift his front wheel with the low torque of the gng, he is using 72V I believe.

In the biggest gear at the rear (36t) with a 46t at the front, it makes my front wheel light when using the throttle but it wont flip you off the back - you won't be doing wheelies down the street with a BBS.

I must add, I went out on my bike at the weekend and there wasn't a single hill I couldn't climb with the BBS02 48v500w unit (on 15s lipo) and that was some pretty extreme terrain (red/black grade mtb trails). For me, the BBS unit is the perfect blend of power, ease of install and quietness - really happy with my purchase - I wanted an assisted mountain bike, not a motorcross bike (which is more the GNG's forte).

Nice work, wormsman! What's the BCD of the 5 bolt pattern on the Bafang BBS? I might have to get one of these made up myself.

Ah crap, I just wrote a long update and forgot to hit the "submit". Well now you know why my user name is what it is.

OK, starting over. I bought the 750w off EBay for $555 delivered. It took 6 days from order to delivery to my door (Sweet). As it turns out it is the new 750w model manufactured on 14/03 with the 20a.

Everything is mounted on the bike except my battery packs. I hope to get them permanently mounted within the next week. I will also wire in a CA meter if I can find room for it in the handle bar. I also want to mount a temp. monitor on the frame of the motor.

I did all the allowable screen programing but I still only get "0, 1, 2, & 3" but that's ok for now (I actually do very little peddling due to my knee problems). I found that the throttle response is completely normal and with no dead spots. Just touch it the slightest bit and the wheel starts to turn. And it ramps up/down just like any other ebike I've had. I was surprised that worked 100% normally without any peddling at all. The only difference I've noticed is if I hit a brake with the throttle on. The motor was turned off instantly but I am used to the motor going regaining the set speed (if the throttle was held) when the brake was let go. But with this setup you have to zero the throttle and start over.

The max speed in #3 was 37.5MPH in high gear (28t).

Bob

I got the 750w unit from a China ebay seller($450+$100 shipping) & it arrived in less than two weeks. Although any correspondence or questions I had for the seller went unanswered, I was very surprised that it arrived so quick & without any problems...

I suspect the fake tracking number is common with aliexpress vendor nnebikes in order to stall the dispute process.
In principle I reckon it's poor form to sell something you don't actually have in stock anyway. I wouldn't do it to a customer of my own without explaining the risks first.

Greenbikekit do have 36V 500w units in stock, in hindsight if 500W becomes the limit I'd rather just use those as 36V batteries are more readily available/less bulky for most commuter solutions.

With the watts meters such as the Turnigy 130A or the GT Power, what are people using to mount these to your bars etc.

I am also presuming that a watts meter is a good option with the Bafang C961 display.

Thanks
Andrew

I had that happen to me once. I got a shipping number... and it showed no progress for a month and a half.

Month and a half, shitty battery arrives at my door and it is basically just some cells headed for the scrap heap wrapped in RC Lipo shrinkwrap.

Oh, it's been 45 days? sorry, you're out of luck... just over the window of time that paypal will refund you .....

http://neptronix.org/wordpress/dont-buy-unknown-no-name-chinese-batteries/

That bull**** is chronicled here ---^

Back