New controller issues..... where to go from here

GregO said:
I used my volt meter and put one on black and the other on:
BLU 5V
Green 0 V (problem child?)
Yellow 5V

I think you really should do what I recommended here
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1390329#p1389931
and go to http://ebikes.ca then the Learn tab, then the Troubleshooting tab, which shows how to test things like your hall sensors.

Thanks Doc... and I know there are no stupid questions... only stupid people... so here I go...

I have no idea where to put my volt meter if everything is wired up and plugged in and powered.

I am inserting a thermal image closeup of my twist throttle and the LED battery indicator.

I dont think it should get this hot... I think was chasing motor ghosts this whole time... when its possibly my twist throttle should an LED get this hot?

unnamed-3.jpg

I imagine now I am looking for suggestion for a good throttle. My current 3 phase twist throttle has an LED indicator... not caring about that... just a solid throttle to work a 3 phase with brake disconnect hall feature This is for a 48V 500w motor.

Thanks

Throwing my hands up. LOL I have an Ebike Tester coming in +/- 3 days... until then I am going to relax and not overthink anything.I need to start from square one and properly test every aspect in a linear process. I refuse to give up. My wife says I am too relentless for my own good... but I refuse to quit until I know the culprit and replace it. Even if the culprit is me. I honestly think that after this month is over I will know more about ebikes than several of the local retail stores who sell Ebikes pre-made.
This is what i have coming from EM3EV https://em3ev.com/shop/ebike-tester/

I appreciate all you mentioned

Re the throttle, they do seem to get wastefully hot with no airflow.. maybe I missed it, but did you do a voltage output test on the throttle yet?
I pm'ed you, but re the output voltage to the hall plug, the no voltage on green does sound like a problem that prob requires opening the controller.

And as far as knowing more than most of the people that sell premade bikes, that is a very very low bar. You proved you were above that just by finding ES. :)

GregO said:
Thanks Doc... and I know there are no stupid questions... only stupid people... so here I go...

I have no idea where to put my volt meter if everything is wired up and plugged in and powered.

Those plugs aren't too bad.. theres usually room at the back of the plug for the probes to slip in when its hooked up. Sometimes you just plain have to grind your probe tips needle sharp and poke them thru the insulation on some of the newer molded plugs... VERY difficult to probe some of the systems these days.

GregO said:

Oh. I thought you were reporting voltages off the Hall sensor plug when it was connected and powered. If you just did the plug that goes to the controller. It should be +5V on red, blue, green, and blue. So if that's legit, your controller does have a problem. The green wire is either broken at the controller, or the input circuit connected to it is blown up.

Just one thing, You said the attached picture was the connector coming out of the controller? Looks to me like the plug coming from the motor.
IMG_0721.jpg

Back