new design nearly ready for production

But I've never met a biker too worried about legalities.

My pedals are really just decorative pieces. I've got a 33/64 drill and pedal taps to cut my cranks from 175mm to 100mm. It wakes you up when a pedal scrapes the asphalt around a corner with the unseen hump.

100volts+ said:
My pedals are really just decorative pieces. I've got a 33/64 drill and pedal taps to cut my cranks from 175mm to 100mm. It wakes you up when a pedal scrapes the asphalt around a corner with the unseen hump.

That's why in cycling it is good form to lift the pedal on the side you are leaning far into. I always ride right pedal down (mine are vestigial pedals too) but if I take a hard right turn I bring the right pedal up till I finish the turn...

Modbikemax said:
teklektik said:
Modbikemax said:
I am wondering why the pedals at all?
Dunno about Oz, but no pedals = illegal in my state in the US.
Easy to switch to pegs - tough to add working pedals....

Even with pedals it's a motorbike in OZ, and one you can't licence so you will be riding illegal anyway.
But I've never met a biker too worried about legalities.
Wow that sucks ,so you have no policys on ebikes ,just motor or no motor ,pretty harsh if you ask me :shock:http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=63235 found this

100volts+ said:
dustyearlobe where are you located. I like the design.
Thanks 100 ,Believe its called Europe ,not really sure any more but it was call the UK before He He .Apparently there are discussions if we have a country call Scotland attached to us .Wow that was unnecessary,just woke up poped the box on :| nothing but shopping channals and news ,ahhh need coffee

Just got coffee SWEET :D

The all up weight at the present without battery is 32kg ,fronts as light as a feather the rear is were the weight is

Went out for a spin this evening ,i got 32ah 12s running the common ebay 1000w hub with the lcd screen ,and i gotta say i like it ,it hasnt got any of the torque the twins have ,but it hits 30mph with ease and likes the singal tracks near home.the power settings on the lcd are usefull but i have found the pedelec kicked in on a couple of unwanted moments but a touch of the brakes soon stoped that
Gary

dusty earlobe said:
... but i have found the pedelec kicked in on a couple of unwanted moments but a touch of the brakes soon stoped that

That's why I never install PAS. I leave that junk for the Europeans. Besides, what you've built there is basically an electric motorcycle, so I'm surprised you've included PAS at all.

Also, 30 mph at 12s? that's some high KV...

mlt34 said:
dusty earlobe said:
... but i have found the pedelec kicked in on a couple of unwanted moments but a touch of the brakes soon stoped that

That's why I never install PAS. I leave that junk for the Europeans...

Cant say i have been interested in pas before ,but i dont need t be fit, just to know i still can ,and i do like to wander ,so a few extra easy miles aint going to hurt.finish charity run saturday did 50 miles on my road bike ,nice to do it quicker

mlt34 said:
dusty earlobe said:
30 mph at 12s? that's some high KV...
Yer Guess so What are you running ,high torque or speed motor

I'm on a 7turn 9C clone. 25 mph @12s. 30 sounds like more fun though :D

WP_20140917_007.jpgKeep forgetting to add the seat that matchs the paint ,,,this ones more comfy :p WP_20140917_009.jpgI mostly been riding 20-25 ,would be interesting to see it go with a bmc or crown ,should be like the twins had a lot of 40-50mph rides with that. 8) the wife has now put dibs on the prototype :shock: i think its ganna be a bike share deal for now.Looking forward to the weekend and hoping for good weather,see how many miles on a legal speed run (if i can hold of the throttle :lol: )

for future reference, before you make another vertical video:
[youtube]Bt9zSfinwFA[/youtube]

Back