"60V" New Retail Trend - 16S or 17S?

Popstar

10 mW
After a few years away (happily using my BBSHD Cargo Bucket bike with the kids), I return to EBike hobby with the hope that my DIY Zip-tie and Duct Tape days are behind me and I can get new speed thrills from a single e-retail purchase.

I at first was attracted by the Talaria XXX and Suron style turn-key bikes, but after watching a few "pedal kit" videos I see those are still Ebikes in name only and just beg for complaints from local Law Enforcement.

The Super73 clone E-Moto style looked like cool trend, but in the end they are no different in speed or oomph than my 2015 52V 25amp MAC geared rig.

The new cheap "60V" bikes have caught my eye as they seem to have more powerful brakes, frames, well integrated wiring and battery, and higher speed, but still clearly fall visually into the "Pedal Bike" appearance class (Class4 eBike?).

I am looking at the 60V GOAT Bikes E-MOTO style Motor GOAT Pioneering Pedal & No-Pedal E-Bikes & Scooters - Southern California and comparing it to the more traditional looking 60V Wired Freedom Wired Ebikes | The Most Powerful Ebike on the Market.

The Motor GOAT appears to be $2500 for a 17S "60V" 25ah that tops at 70V. The Wired Freedom appears to be $2200 for a 16S "60V" (20+15ah) that tops at 67.2V.

What are you opinions of these two choices for the new gen of standard retail performance levels? Should "60V" become the new standard, should it be 16S or 17S?

Looking at those two bikes...
Not bad for the price, but i'm still building my own!

Back