New York State Medical Marijuana Program

marty

1 MW
History of Marty and Marijuana. I have divided my life in units of 10 years. These dates are approximate. Born 1960. Smoke marijuana 1980 to 1990. Quit in 1990. Now is almost 2020 so I have not smoked for about 30 years.

Look here:
https://www.health.ny.gov/regulations/medical_marijuana/

Why am I thinking about this? No I am not wanting to smoke or eat marijuana. I know from experience that it makes me stupid. I used to be a Boy Scout. Boy Scouts motto is "Be Prepared". If something should happen to my health and I think medical marijuana might help me, I would like to be prepared and be able to get some.

Lets get started:
Step 1 - Find a Registered Practitioner
Note - Qualifying Conditions
Only patients with one of the following severe, debilitating or life-threatening conditions may qualify for the Medical Marijuana Program: cancer, positive status for HIV or AIDS, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, damage to the nervous tissue of the spinal cord with objective neurological indication of intractable spasticity, epilepsy, inflammatory bowel disease, neuropathy, chronic pain as defined by 10 NYCRR §1004.2(a)(8)(xi), post-traumatic stress disorder or Huntington's disease. Patients must also have one of the following associated or complicating conditions: cachexia or wasting syndrome, severe or chronic pain, severe nausea, seizures, or severe or persistent muscle spasms.

Thinking I have post-traumatic stress disorder PTSD. In 2014 Rented a apartment to Mr Senile and his wife Mrs Nasty. She's 80 and He's 90. What could go wrong? Mrs Nasty breaks apart a wooden chair and beats Mr Senile to death. Story is here Pacemaker Questions? I had a bunch of houses that I rented. After that incident, I was so feed up with tenants that I sold all my houses. Now I only have two. Think murder has caused me to have PTSD

Patients must also have one of the following associated or complicating conditions:
severe or chronic pain
About 1970 I was about 10 years old. Riding a bike that looked like this stingray bicycle Riding on dirt trails in the fields. Bulldozer construction people made a steep hill about 20 feet tall. Ride down big hill. At the bottom of big hill is a little bump where bicycle would do a wheelie. Things didn't go as planed and I fell off the back of the bicycle. Hurt my back. I could not walk. Friends rode back to our houses and called a ambulance to go get me. Few hours in the hospital then a few weeks laying in bed. This was before CT scans. My back has been hurting ever since then. I do all my own medical work. Treating severe, chronic back pain issues with stretching and exercise. Wellnes & Fitness Exercise Manual Take no pills. Work is construction. Construction is exercise.

Look here:
Getting a New York Medical Marijuana Card Just Got Easy, Here’s How
Just tried https://www.nuggmd.com/ Filled out form. Paid $149. Guy called me. Request rejected. Said he would refund the $149. Said he needs to documentation of PTSD from a clinician. Said I should see my primary doctor and get a referral to a mental doctor. Wondering what to do next? Got a new primary doctor in 2014. He told me to get a blood test and a colonoscopy. I never did. Since then that doctor shop closed. Look at the internet. See my primary doctor is working for a different office.

Think it is time to fire up the same primary doctor, get a new primary doctor, or call the doctors listed here:
Public List of Consenting Medical Marijuana Program Practitioners

Any suggestions on what to say? so that I can get a New York Medical Marijuana Card? It looks like a driver license. Think that the doctors on the (List of Consenting Medical Marijuana Program Practitioners) might be easier to deal with regarding the marijuana issue?

Got Obama health insurance. Independent Health, MediSource. I don't mind paying a few hundred for this.

20160609_edcartoon_900px_1465507558995_39931902_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

What you need is a coach. In California you take classes in what to say and what not to say to get your pot. I don't know if you're allowed to take notes and consult them while you're at the "Doctor" or if that's considered cheating.

But the coaching doesn't end there. Next you get a coach to teach you how to 'Be' a stoner. Duuuuude, seriously. In fact there's career opportunity there. https://www.naturalwellnessacademy.org/cannabis/ There's even marijuana NURSES, now.

And let's not forget marijuana dating/matchmaking. http://www.highlydevoted.com/ And since marijuana tourism is no longer limited to trips to Denmark, Holland, Thailand, dang, you can even get a Rocky Mountain high and ever even leave the country. The governor there was smokin', sending nude selfies, never once getting the Anthony Wiener treatment for it because the herb just cured him and there was no problem with people saying he was a sick man or anything.

But, seriously, why do you think they call it DOPE?

62a64e2622c64e1678d2df51db2b9182--real-estate-humor-ganja.jpg

The majority of the health effects of cannabis is from CBD, and some of the other minor chemicals (terpenes?), and they don't get you high. I would advocate for a class of medical MJ that has "less than" 1% THC (in order to make it easier to process). The current legal level for non-psychoactive cannabis is 0.3%, difficult to attain by cheap methods. Expensive enough that it creates a high bar to jump over for entry into that market.

1% THC will NOT get you high. If anyone who was buying legal recreational weed, bought a sample that turned out to have only 1% THC, the company could likely be sued for consumer fraud. Medical cannabis typically has a CBD content near 30%...the kind that reduces seizures in affected children, reduces glaucoma, helps with cancer, etc...In fact, the more CBD you have in the medical cannabis, the less any remaining trace-levels of THC will have any psychoactive effect (getting high).

My point is...while you are wrestling with the hoops that you must jump through in order to get a card for access to legal medical-cannabis?...consider starting a daily dose of legal CBD oil to get the ball rolling.

Thinking the simplest way to get this New York Medical Marijuana Card is to get a letter from a real doctor, scan it and try the nuggmd.com place again.

Talked to a NY pot smoker. He said back pain is all ya need. Working on a letter from a doctor. Think doctors like big words? If one doctor was to write a letter to another doctor describing severe chronic lower back pain. What words would they use to describe severe chronic lower back pain? Here is a picture of where this severe chronic lower back pain is located on my body.
low_back_pain_800w.jpg

Yo. I've got a story for you.

I was heavily addicted to amphetamines and pot from 1998-2002, as a way of escaping the mental torment of a real frocked up childhood.
Yeah, cannabis ( more specifically the indica that's common in the black market ) made me dumb.. it also made me hyper creative though, and it was fun. And it gave me an escape from the intense constant depression. But i became ridiculously dependent and it ran my life.

I went through the 12 step program in 2002 and continued going to meetings for 10 years. Through this, i worked out a lot of the issues that kept me addicted, and started making progress on reversing the depression and torment.
In 2016, i was in Colorado and a few friends had been nagging me to try sativa instead of the usual indica i used to smoke, because it was better for creativity, and not very stupefying, more uplifting..

..they were right. And i really like cannabis today, more specifically strains like sour diesel for a little pain relief, mood boost, and creativity boost with minimal dumb/memory effects :). I have an on/off relationship with it where i'll smoke once or twice a day after work for a few months, then for some reason just quit for a while, and go back etc.. and i'm okay with that.

Let me tell you this though; you're in it for pain relief? you can get CBD legally today through a variety of sources, as long as it's derived from hemp ( fun legal loophole ). Hemp CBD does do the job, although it's not as good as a strain with all the terpenes and a little THC.

For some reason, i find that sativa strains like sour diesel are just as, if not more effective for pain relief. Seems to give me superhuman knees that want to hike up mountains.. otherwise i'm borderline on needing a cane, and not interested in walking at all.

However, this will not fix you, just fix a symptom. I'm in my mid 30's and have degenerative arthritis in multiple spots, so i know all about pain. The future of medicine for arthritic issues is growth factors ( google Sprifermin, which is currently undergoing the last clinical trials ), mesenchymal stem cells with additives that cause proper differentiation ( a process that was literally developed last month and will take years to become commercialized ), and genetically engineered chondrocytes ( google invossa; which has been in development for 2001 and finally is available in korea this year ).

CBD is a good way to stretch out the time you have until a real fix that grows cartilage is available in the USA. If you can get by with CBD for 3 years until then, avoiding a fusion of the lower back discs ( which leads to a life of terrible chronic pain for most patients ), then by all means, go for it.

In the meantime, also watch your posture. I fixed neck and lower back pain with a new chair and a monitor stand that put my screen at eye height, which forced me into proper posture. Back pain will creep in again for me if i have my posture on the bicycle wrong, sit in a weird shaped chair, etc. But maybe you're beyond the point where hacks like that help.

Buy or grow some sativa and make a extract with coconut oil and soy lecithin. Sublingual! Use at night at bedtime. Start with very small doses. Does as good a job as Fentanyl 75micg/every two days. AND you won't want to die if you stop.

Back