NewSpeed 36v 10ah fat tire ebike

goatman

10 MW
Not that you need one, but below are the specifications.

7-speed
36v/10ah Li-ion battery removal
250 watts of power
LED light with a horn
Front and rear disc brakes
Alarm
Front shock

Bike Info:

I recommend upgrading to a controller with at least 48v 750 watts. Perhaps someone here can assist in locating a reliable brand eBike controller. Personally, I enjoy controllers for eScooters.

Last edited:
Are none of these results (using your title as search phrase) for this bike?

Some of them look like the same one.
1713143514036.png
2 - 49 pieces
$249.00
>= 50 pieces
$219.00

Variations​

Total options: 4 Color;2 Wattage.
Select now

1. Color(4): Black​

2. Wattage(2)​

351 - 500w> 500w

Key attributes​

Industry-specific attributes​

Gears
21 Speed
Frame Material
Steel
Wheel Size
26"
Voltage
48V
Power Supply
Lithium Battery
Braking System
Disc Brake
Battery Capacity
10.5 AH

Other attributes​

Torque
>100 Nm
Place of Origin
Tianjin, China
Brand Name
CN.NEWSPEED
Model Number
NS-LD008
Range per Power
31 - 60 km
Max Speed
30-50Km/h
Charging Time
>3 hours
Motor position
Rear Hub Motor
Battery Position
Integrated Battery
Product name
electric bicycle
Certification
ce
Battery
48V 10Ah Lithium Battery
Motor Power
250W/350W/500W/10w0w
Brake
Disc Brake
Display
LCD
Tire
26*4.0 KENDA
Frame
Hi-ten Steel Frame
Front fork
Suspension Front Fork
Keyword
e-bikes

Packaging and delivery​

Packaging Details
85%Packing .
Port
tianjin

Supply Ability​

Supply Ability
50000 Piece/Pieces per Month electric bike

This one *is* actually the very same one you posted, same photo, though of course it isn't going to have any of the info you are after. ;)

1713143393383.png

thanks AW, i was using DuckDuckGo and it was just a bunch of nonsense

ill google search on google next time:rolleyes:
ill just see if i can open up the controller and see what caps are inside before over volting it but the display doesnt have any buttons where i can go in and change settings like high low voltage etc

I dunno. Not a bad looking bike, If they had come out in 2015 for $899, I'd probably own one and never woulda have gotten into DIY ... until it broke.
...on the second ride? :p

thanks AW, i was using DuckDuckGo and it was just a bunch of nonsense

ill google search on google next time:rolleyes:
Well, my search used the brand as a single word, and I put it in quotes to make sure google's results actually included it (if you don't, it will show you stuff without it, and if there are no quoted words, it can decide to show you stuff that has NOTHING to do with ANYTHING you actually entered. :/ Some days it even ignores all boolean operators, as well.

(it may do that anyway, sometimes, for no reason I can figure out).

I haven't used DDG in years, so don't have any tips on that one.

ill just see if i can open up the controller and see what caps are inside before over volting it but the display doesnt have any buttons where i can go in and change settings like high low voltage etc
That's pretty typical. Prebuilt bikes, based on posts here over the years from owners trying to customize them, typically have no user-alterable settings...at least, none useful to really customizing it.

that picture of the bike on craigslist is me, lol, i bought it today and rode it home but you have to pedal the stupid thing with full throttle and you only go about 25 km/h on flat ground
gave it to my kid, he went to go somewhere, came back quite disgusted he had to pedal it. put it in the garage and left by foot instead :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: so ya, i threw it back on craigslist
i cant believe people pay 2 grand for these things
the battery on his other bike died and thought hed be fine with this til i had time to put a battery in his devinci magma but nope

the brakes on these bikes need to be upgraded also because they can barely stop this beast when going down a hill

gave it to my kid, he went to go somewhere, came back quite disgusted he had to pedal it. put it in the garage and left by foot instead :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Fat bikes with derailleur gears have wide q factors and that is going be a bad combination for a child....even an adult.

If he insists on fat tires you will either need to put a throttle on that bike (so he doesn't have to pedal it) or switch to a fat bike frame and drive train (single speed or igh) that allows narrow q factor.

Last edited:
the brakes on these bikes need to be upgraded also because they can barely stop this beast when going down a hill

You must be mistaken. Ask anybody-- disc brake is best brake, necessary for all bike!

You must be mistaken. Ask anybody-- disc brake is best brake, necessary for all bike!
looks like you lost a bunch of weight, too bad it was all your brain cells
before you throw me down in the dumpster, that was a joke
ill just put some bigger discs on it and im pretty sure i have another phaserunner kicking around here in a box somewhere or ill throw a 20amp grinfinion on it
dont want this to be a fast bike
48v should give it enough speed and power with a 20 amp controller

Yes, there are discs that will fix your problem. There are no rim brakes that will play with those wheels, so the easy option is out.

I keep waiting for cheap simple mechanical discs that will just do the thing without dragging, tilting pads, whatever... but none so far. Therefore I prescribe Avid BB7 because there's nothing else at the price that works as well. You can get hydraulic brakes even from Shimano and Tektro that cost less and work pretty well, with the usual hydraulic-brake caveats. To me, those seem a little like buying tires that make you throw away the entire wheel when they get a flat, but to each his own.

ya, bb7s for the win
got this pack mounted
20240425_095919.jpg

ordered another battery
forgot i had a 48v 18amp bafang kit, has everything but a display, the display was an option so hopefully its just plug and play
and then this bike should be good to go

20240425_102209.jpg

got the battery today, hooked it all up and nothing is happening, went looking at bafang displays and none of them have an on/off switch. i have 1-3pin connector left over but theres no voltage there and jumping pins does nothing
does anyone know what pins i have to solder/jump inside the controller to get it turned on. the battery has its own on/off button that can be used to turn the bike on/off
amazon can get me a display to my door tomorrow, maybe ill do that first before opening up the controller

Last edited:
that 3 pin connector wasnt from the controller🤪
i have an 8 pin connector at the controller that goes upto the handle bars where it splits into
2 brake
1 throttle and a 5 pin bafang display connector
in the controller
red wire goes to ts+
green wire goes to tx1
yellow wire rx1
white wire s1
blue wire ts
black wire to ground
orange goes off to a corner of the board with no real marking except on the backside, DS
brown goes to DZ4, its 48v, the headlight is pulling 48v from that same pad

theres a blue signal? wire that would turn the headlight on at scl
this definitely needed some kind of display to communicate with this controller to make things work
but i just need to figure out what to jump

if this controller was a bomb and i had 10 seconds to do something before it blew up, id jump brown to orange

found another controller and batt positive on the board jumps to vcc with an orange wire to turn on throttle and display
the vcc is located in the same corner as the DS
went looking to see what DS stands for in electronics but got nothing
cant find vcc on this controller for the bike but on the other controller theres a jumper wire with an external 1pin connector that connects DS to X. im just putting this here for me tomorrow

Last edited:
good news is the display showed up
bad news
both 5 pin connectors are males:ROFLMAO:
i guess M5 stands for male 5 pin connector

20240427_135001.jpg

just going to open up the display and see if i can chop the end of controller 5pin off and solder it directly to display
have the diagram here
first thing ill do is connect blue to red and see if i get power

20240427_135048.jpg

opened the controller up and the pins dont match the board but DZ4 goes to pin 5 that is labelled red(vcc) controller power line
cant see how to open up the new display

i said if this was a bomb id jump brown to orange, thats ds to dz4

jumping the two wires br/or gave me no motor but it gave me 5 volts on the throttle wire and signal is at 0.82v and jumps to 4+ volts when full throttle
the only other thing i can think of doing is jumping the green and yellow wires. the data sender and receiver together

said screw it and chopped the end off the display and hard wired it
still no go on the motor even though the throttle is working
its either security code or something in the PAS settings

20240427_162854.jpg

Back