Nucular electronics - complete kit for ev!

Merlin said:
how it runs on street with 250a phase only?

top speed? :D

afaik stock controller is ~150phA? so should still be a nice boost in torque. I'll let you know when I do it to mine soon too :p

i have for now 125A/250PA and torque+speed FOC.
i have to make to first testrun today 8)

the speedo doesnt wurk propper on this mid drive motors so i need gps are just a magnet sensor to get speed signal from the wheel rotation.

Yes i have the speed almost correct now :bigthumb:
Topspeed 75kmh 52T-belt drive stock sur-ron battery/motor(stock controller did 65kmh).

I have ride a lot e-bikes,scooters etc and this controller is the bomb :bolt: :flame:
The same settings like stock sur-ron controller i feel ther is 1500Watt extra power :shock:
super silent and smooth in foc.

The bigger 19P battery drops maximum 0,35Volt per cell @the max 150A... i set the max @120A for now.

I need to adjust the flux weaking and the regen braking, the rest is al perfect and was so easy to
configure/instal me happy :D

Very good feedback from experience :bigthumb:
I am looking forward to my 24F to try with the Qs motor 3kW.
Already with a small Chinese controller 3kW I can roll my 400kg quadricyle at 50km / h.
With the 24F it will be great.

PITMIX said:
Very good feedback from experience :bigthumb:
I am looking forward to my 24F to try with the Qs motor 3kW.
Already with a small Chinese controller 3kW I can roll my 400kg quadricyle at 50km / h.
With the 24F it will be great.
you will be amazed in comparison with Chinees controller :mrgreen:

to make maximum use of the 24F controller you need a real good battery and this is most of the
time the weakest link in the system and cost a lot money...but very importent to run real big and stable power 15-25Kw.

For 1 singel QS motor 3kw nominal/10Kw peak power the 12F controller is also good enough :p

Yes the 24F is really powerful. My batteries are capable of delivering 600A with a water cooling circuit.
I will never go so far, already if I can go to 120 or 150A it will be enough. Currently I have 85A but it lacks the function FOC to exploit the engine.
My motor is here
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=93627&start=225#p1484917

PITMIX said:
Yes the 24F is really powerful. My batteries are capable of delivering 600A with a water cooling circuit.
I will never go so far, already if I can go to 120 or 150A it will be enough. Currently I have 85A but it lacks the function FOC to exploit the engine.
My motor is here
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=93627&start=225#p1484917
Nice machine and motor 8) the motor wil be almost silent with the nucular controller.
I,am running the sur-ron motor on 16S and in the speed mode...this is crazy fast powerfull :shock: peakt 8,5Kw on16S-60V :thumb:

mounted it on my 76 !

few things :
- having the wiring come out of the lcd display, cleans A LOT of the messy wiring I had with my kelly controller. But you do have to completely re-wire everything, and crimping these tiny ass connectors was very frustrating.
- It was very easy to configure, and having the possibility to change the setting almost on the fly without a bluetooth or usb app is NICE.
- I only did a test run @20km/h or so. I may be wrong but I think the motor was cooler than usual after that. I also did a test were I brake with my front wheel and try to accelerate from a standstill. I definately had more power. voltage drop was also lower than usual.

Quite happy overall!

This also struck me today that the engine seems to stay cooler ... after more than 50km 47C out of my head.

Today made a long test drive with the new controller: 109km / gps. average speed 32km per hour. used watt-hours 2698Wh. after 100km a week tire: (so luckily I was about 10km from home and not 50km! Can drive home quietly with a half empty rear tire. Battery voltagena This hellish ride was 53.9 Volt / about 3.36 V per cell. Being able to drive an extra 20km on the last energy from the battery and if I hadn't got a week tire, the controller stays nicely cold and continues to work perfectly .. consumed at a slow speed 30a40kmh is between 25 and 30Wh per kilometer.

Went for a quick ride Street and off-road, I confirm: motor is cooler than usual. Also, I get more torque at high speed than with my kls.
In torq+speed mode at low speed torque is a little bit weaker than the kls. I guess ramp up is slower. I think I read in the wiki that it is configurable?

Max speed is : I don't know. My survival instincts start to kick in @70km/h, and I still have loads of torque. I guess I could go at least @80km/h (this is a raptor 76 with a QS205 @ 72v). Did not bother with flux weakening and don't think I will ever do.

TheBMallory said:
Went for a quick ride Street and off-road, I confirm: motor is cooler than usual. Also, I get more torque at high speed than with my kls.
In torq+speed mode at low speed torque is a little bit weaker than the kls. I guess ramp up is slower. I think I read in the wiki that it is configurable?

Max speed is : I don't know. My survival instincts start to kick in @70km/h, and I still have loads of torque. I guess I could go at least @80km/h (this is a raptor 76 with a QS205 @ 72v). Did not bother with flux weakening and don't think I will ever do.
set the mode torq+speed to speed....i think this wil give you faster throttle response from the zero position

TheBMallory said:

This is all expected. Most every motor runs better under FOC control.

I have to tell you to try field weakening. IMHO...there is no such thing as "too fast"! :)

70kmh=43mph
80kmh=49mph
88kmh=55mph
96kmh=60mph
193kmh=120mph

I built this stand-up, 75 lb scooter and it does 45mph on level ground and I've ridden it down hill doing 55mph. Weeeeeee!

Currie%2010181117%2024.jpg

This 50cc sized, 120 lb scooter does 60mph on level ground right now. It's getting some rework for more speed and power.

Final%2020190129%208.jpg

This scooter is about the same size as a 70cc scooter. I don't know final weight yet or top speed, but something like 115-120mph. It's in early stages of development.

Taobao%20scooter%202.jpg

Joachim said:
TheBMallory said:

set the mode torq+speed to speed....i think this wil give you faster throttle response from the zero position

Speed mode is bad choice... :) Its only for low power motors. On bigh power is speed mode good way to kill yourself.
I shortened throttle working distance by stopper (screw :) ) max throttle voltage is 3.2 from 4.5 make throttle autodetection and set acceleration limit to 0. And using torque mode. Its super responsible now... :)

you make me dream guys!
I am in a hurry to see what my 24F will give :D

lukashanak said:
Joachim said:
TheBMallory said:

Speed mode is bad choice... :) Its only for low power motors. On bigh power is speed mode good way to kill yourself.
I shortened throttle working distance by stopper (screw :) ) max throttle voltage is 3.2 from 4.5 make throttle autodetection and set acceleration limit to 0. And using torque mode. Its super responsible now... :)

seems more like a hack to me. what is the "acceleration limit" setting you are refering to ? According to the wiki, I guess just playing with the setting "Current change speed" for acceleration should do the trick or maybe the "Speed control filter
", but I have a hard time understanding what it does.
http://nucularelectronics.wikidot.com/en:controller-setup

TheBMallory said:
lukashanak said:
Joachim said:
TheBMallory said:

seems more like a hack to me. what is the "acceleration limit" setting you are refering to ? According to the wiki, I guess just playing with the setting "Current change speed" for acceleration should do the trick or maybe the "Speed control filter
", but I have a hard time understanding what it does.
http://nucularelectronics.wikidot.com/en:controller-setup

In control modes on the bottom is acceleration limit. It controls how fast increase amps when you give throttle. Fastest is 0=no limit.

efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
Altair said:
pretty impressive .. what's your stopping distance at those speeds??

It depends on the mass of the obstacle...

my implication was that the stock brakes may become inadequate once the power and speed is multiplied..
there's a lot of things that are inadequate at those speeds.
let's take the sand up scooter for instance, I would be scared to hit a pothole or something with this tiny wheel and no suspension.

The stand up scooter, I upgraded it to disk brakes from caliper brakes so it can lock up both wheels despite the very grippy tires. If you are not ready for it, you will fly over the handle bars. It will stop from 45mph to 0 better than a decent motor bike at the same speed.

The blue scooter that does 60mph...if there is one thing I wish I did was use larger brake rotors. At the time, I had no machining abilities. All the larger rotors had a bolt pattern that would not fit my hubs. I went with the largest ones I could buy that fit and they are not big enough. It won't apply enough braking to lock up the wheels so distance is a bit longer than it should be. Also the front tire needs to be replaced with a better one. The Chinese tire on there is not particularly great. When the motor upgrade is done, that will get replaced too. Brake rotors may be on the list of improvements too soon enough. It's braking distance is already too long.

Altair said:

It depends on the mass of the obstacle...

That was funny!

Stopping distance against a bridge pillar = 0 feet
Stopping distance against a squirrel = miles
Stopping distance against an oncoming semi = -60 feet

Back