NYX Cromotor Max-E Build

robohead said:
Thanks guys. QS it is then. Now to pick from the plethora of other options.

I am not sure what Cedrick has planed for you but i found fitting the wires out of my cromotor past the nyx swing arm quite a challenge. You may want to see my build thread.... https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=74615

The wire harness coming out of a QS205 v3 will be even thicker as the phase wires are bigger than the cromotor.

Is Cedrick offering you a wider dropout than 150mm?

brumbrum said:
robohead said:

I am not sure what Cedrick has planed for you but i found fitting the wires out of my cromotor past the nyx swing arm quite a challenge. You may want to see my build thread.... https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=74615

The wire harness coming out of a QS205 v3 will be even thicker as the phase wires are bigger than the cromotor.

Hi,

we built 2 NYX Ebikes using the QS and you are right : those big wires are quite a challenge, but we found a way to force the wires in a certain direction (using special washer we made) on our standard 150mm dropout swingam. Unfortunately, those 2 ebikes are already at customer's place, but if we have the opportunity to build robohead's NYX E-bike, we will for sure put some pictures online.

Thanks,
Cedrick

NYXBikes said:
brumbrum said:
robohead said:

Hi,

we built 2 NYX Ebikes using the QS and you are right : those big wires are quite a challenge, but we found a way to force the wires in a certain direction (using special washer we made) on our standard 150mm dropout swingam. Unfortunately, those 2 ebikes are already at customer's place, but if we have the opportunity to build robohead's NYX E-bike, we will for sure put some pictures online.

Thanks,
Cedrick

Hi Cedrick, thanks for posting the info. It is inevitable that people purchasing this high end frame will want a high end powerful motor too, so its good you are sorting out solutions to the wire placement for harnessess that come straight out of the motor hub.

Hi,

Thanks,
Cedrick

Why not try to freehand it for us, just keep it simple. Like on a napkin or the back of an envelope?
If you can remember the shape of the washer it should be doable to re construct the washer, yes?
Or of course if you so prefer do it in Solidworks :)

A little guiding would go along way.

Those are the washer we did for NYX EBike using a mxus hub motor, but the idea is the same for the QS motors, just bigger washers and holes.

Back