Phaserunner+BBSHD+phaserunner, where to connect the Speed sensor?

Timalpipo

1 mW
Hi everyone, I'm currently retrofitting my BBSHD with a PR+CA kit bough from Grin Tech. I have read all the documents, and did some research, and I can't find how to connect my original Bafang speed sensor to the CA v3. Any help from the community would be highly appreciated . Thanks a lot. :bolt:

Where is the sensor located?

If it is on a wheel/frame/fork pickup, then it depends on which type it is for how it will connect. If it's a two-wire it can just go directly to the CA speed sensor input wires, if the CA is the type that has a separate speedo wire. If the CA is the type that uses the "CA-DP" plug to the controller, then you'd need to separate out the speed sensor wires from that connector, and use them on the speed sensor you're using instead.

If it's three wire it also needs 5v from the CA.

Then you'd set the CA's number of poles in the speed sensor menu to 1 if there's only one magnet on the hweel. If there is more than one, put that number inot the #poles setting.

Timalpipo said:
Hi everyone, I'm currently retrofitting my BBSHD with a PR+CA kit bough from Grin Tech. I have read all the documents, and did some research, and I can't find how to connect my original Bafang speed sensor to the CA v3. Any help from the community would be highly appreciated . Thanks a lot. :bolt:

amberwolf said:
Where is the sensor located?

If it is on a wheel/frame/fork pickup, then it depends on which type it is for how it will connect. If it's a two-wire it can just go directly to the CA speed sensor input wires, if the CA is the type that has a separate speedo wire. If the CA is the type that uses the "CA-DP" plug to the controller, then you'd need to separate out the speed sensor wires from that connector, and use them on the speed sensor you're using instead.

If it's three wire it also needs 5v from the CA.

Then you'd set the CA's number of poles in the speed sensor menu to 1 if there's only one magnet on the hweel. If there is more than one, put that number inot the #poles setting.

Timalpipo said:
Hi Amberwolf, Thanks for your swift reply.
The speed sensor is the original Bafang one on the rear wheel, 3wires with 5v.
The CA is the one I bought with the BBSHD kit from Grin , including the PR and wirings, no Speed sensor included.
the version is CA3-WP.
I understand that on this plug, there is a yellow ( pin2 ) wire for the Speedo, however, no 5v or gnd.. so my best option will be to connect to the Aux connector for the 5v and Gnd, and re-route the pulse from BBS to the Sp pin on the mainboard.
Am I right?
Cheers mate.
Phil

Timalpipo said:
The CA is the one I bought with the BBSHD kit from Grin , including the PR and wirings, no Speed sensor included.
the version is CA3-WP.
I understand that on this plug, there is a yellow ( pin2 ) wire for the Speedo, however, no 5v or gnd.. so my best option will be to connect to the Aux connector for the 5v and Gnd, and re-route the pulse from BBS to the Sp pin on the mainboard.
Am I right?
Yes, that sounds like an easy plan that should work.

amberwolf said:
Timalpipo said:
the version is CA3-WP.
Am I right?
OK Great, Thanks :bigthumb:

Timalpipo said:
amberwolf said:
Timalpipo said:
the version is CA3-WP.
Am I right?
OK Great, Thanks :bigthumb:
I'll try tonight:) :x :bolt:

Back