Puch Maxi Full-Electric Conversion (Wuderbike)

izeman said:
de jungan buam mit ihre moped ...
nice riding :) i will have to test ride it once it gets warmer. and i already know your next upgrade: a sine-wave controller to make this beast really silent and get rid of that whining noise.
it's also interesting to see how you swapped the FETs. i would have done it completely different. no idea how you managed to align all 54 pins to the board's through holes and install them all at once?!

Hahahaha Thanks izeman! :D Yeah for sure, I will visit you with the bike for a nice trip.

But onestly I like the whining sound! : D I dont have the feeling getting rid of it ...
Mounting was no problem! I mount the fets with 3 turns clockwise to the aluminium heatsink so that they have the rigth distance to each ohter and you are still able to move them. I started witht one side by pushing the first fet into the pads (they have to be clean). Aftwerwards you use a screwdriver to align fet by fet ( the feets have to be cut to the right length before!). Applying pressure on the top of the heatsink and aligning the TO-220 body is the perfect combination :)

How would you manage changing the Fets? :)

the silent operation of an FOC controller is nice for sure, but sometimes i miss that grumbling sound of the infineon. it also gives some sort of an acoustic feedback of the speed and motor load.
you're riding through the woods quite fast with street tires. thumbs up for this :)
i wonder from where you got these FETs so quick and even as sample (for free?).
great soldering job^^ looks like you have added an additional shunt on the bottom side, but for what are the two big wires?

I think Puch is pronounced with Č in lithuanian, in english it sounds as the beginning of chimney or chat. One had caught my eye, its the same look, but called KTM Foxi. My friend stanched it so i will be helping him to electrify it. Our goal is to keep it as stock as possible. Its a retro machine and i like it.

Back