Qulbix Q140MD VS. LMX VS. Neematic VS.???

thanks Ben,

interesting bike. And lots of info on it here...gonna read all the threads and check out their site and prices...

this one looks like a regular e-bicycle more than most i´ve seen.

As long as i cant afford KTM Freeride or a Cake Kalk, (both street legal), it´ll have to be something like this.
I see pedals are an option, and a bicycle seat.

If someone (cop) asks, the large battery pack is just for extended range. :wink:

PS i saw someone ask about the "eco" switch on the bike, and how it limits to 28kmh. I would not alter that, in town,traffic, it keeps you on the safe side of the law.

btw i am 1m83, i think that is six foot one, would it not be too small for me?

I have left the limiter in ECO at about 27kph too, just to have something to switch on if I'm cycling near a road or in more urban areas. It also mellows out the throttle response a bit which can be nice if you are getting tired :)

I'm 1.85 and I find it pretty comfy. The ergonomics are like a mountainbike though, not like a motocross bike, so you do sit a bit differently :)

My Q140MD cost exactly the same as a KTM Freeride-E here in Norway, as road legal electric vehicles are VAT-exempt. For my use though the Q140 is much better. The Freeride looks like a motocross bike, and I wouldn't get away with riding it in the forest at all. In addition it makes a bit of noise while the Q140 motor is silent.

I will probably still buy an electric motocross bike at some point :p Maybe the next generation Freeride if the range is increased another 50%! Can never have enough electric toys :D

benjamin84 said:
I will probably still buy an electric motocross bike at some point :p Maybe the next generation Freeride if the range is increased another 50%! Can never have enough electric toys :D

or just buy a Zero FX 7.2. It has great range,and way more power.

engate said:
benjamin84 said:

or just buy a Zero FX 7.2. It has great range,and way more power.

I tried both the Zero FX and the Freeride-E (2018 model) back to back at a show last year, and the Zero really isn't much of an offroader to be honest. It is styled like one, but the suspension is not even in the same league as the KTM's, and it is noticably heavier and more cumbersome. That said, for gravel roads and easy trails it would probably be absolutely fine, and you are right, it is both faster and has better range :)

benjamin84 said:
I have left the limiter in ECO at about 27kph too, just to have something to switch on if I'm cycling near a road or in more urban areas. It also mellows out the throttle response a bit which can be nice if you are getting tired :)

I'm 1.85 and I find it pretty comfy. The ergonomics are like a mountainbike though, not like a motocross bike, so you do sit a bit differently :)

My Q140MD cost exactly the same as a KTM Freeride-E here in Norway, as road legal electric vehicles are VAT-exempt. For my use though the Q140 is much better. The Freeride looks like a motocross bike, and I wouldn't get away with riding it in the forest at all. In addition it makes a bit of noise while the Q140 motor is silent.

Thank you!

wow, here a KTM Freeride costs 13.000,= euro

in my area i can ride pretty much everywhere offroad, if it looks like a crossbike doesnt really matter. As long as it is legal...
i tried sitting on a Vector Vortex but that was too small for me. Needed pedals anyway.

have a Typhoon 4T now, great range, and it is great for asfalt backroads and not too demanding tracks, but I would like a bit better handling on tracks.

yes, Typhoon too is less crossbike than mountainbike, as far as sitting position goes.
It had a 800mm steer, and my wrists started hurting real bad. Cut it to 720mm and now its fine.

Vector Vortex too small? I think this bike will be smaller.

Vectors other offerings are only hub driven at the rear wheel, so they were out of the question for me

Back