Ridstar E26 pro review and opinions

BiggKidd

1 mW
I bought a Ridstar E26 week before last and have put 168 miles on it as of today. The picture was taken a week ago. The bike performs flawlessly so far and without the front motor would be in a world of hurt with the hills and mud around here. It doesn't have the power the seller advertises unless my math has gone to pot. I say that because it claims 1000 watts on each motor yet the controller is set at 12 amps 12A times 48V is NOT 1,000 watts. Having said that it has power enough for most terrain. With both motors it's about 1,100 watts IF it's using two controllers at 12 amps. The controller(s) can be turned up as high as 20 in the M5 display. I personally don't see the need to turn it up at this time. I would like to figure out how to adjust the MPH of the PAS settings. It uses the M5 display if anyone knows how I can change the PAS speeds? It would be nice if I could set PAS 1 to about 7-8 mph for rough off roading which I do two miles of every time I leave the house before I hit pavement and PAS 2 to 15mph for easy pedaling at slow speed for battery conservation. As it came PAS 1 does 13 and PAS 2 does 18 which I have to pedal faster than I'd like to help the motor along in PAS 2. A larger chainring is coming next month I hope, that should help alleviate that issue. Maybe I can even get the gearing up enough to pedal along helping at even higher speeds like 25. It looks to have a 48 tooth chainring now and 52 is about as high as I see for sale right off. I'm also trying to figure out if I will need a longer chain for that swap if anyone knows? Also if anyone knows where I might find a sprocket larger than 52 teeth for it? A link would be great! It uses the tapered square drive type chainring and crank arms.

I have a new handlebar supposed to be here this week, one with 120mm rise. Why in the world do they put these flat bars on this type of bikes? It makes it so the rider has to stay hunched over all the time.

All in all my only regret with this bike so far is that I didn't buy one sooner! It looks, feels and rides like it's well made and I have been thoroughly enjoying it. It has full suspension with a nice rear rack and came with DY Island hydraulic brakes, headlight, turn, tail, and brake lights along with a horn and cell phone holder with a charging port. It uses the same basic 7 speed as most of these bikes.

The only gripe I have with it at this point is no regenerative braking. I could really use it with the hills we have as I often worry about over heating the brakes and miss the power that could be generated going down these hills. Welding up the freewheel in the rear motor isn't an issue but I don't have any idea if it would work with the electronics is has. If anyone knows please shout out!

I'm sure everyone wants to know the top speed and miles it can travel on a single charge. Well top speed is just over 30mph and in PAS 1 at 13mph I've gone 41 miles and still had a little juice left when I got back home. Now grant you I was pedaling the entire time and using every trick I could think of to extend the range as far as possible! The battery is a 48 volt unit with 23AH of power storage.

I did order and install Flat Out in both tires after seeing so many complaints about how easy these tires puncture.

If anyone has any questions or comments please feel free to ask or comment.

View attachment KIMG0172.JPG

Back