So What's a Good Electric mower?

Dauntless said:
The fingers said:
Nobody I know is going to pay someone to leave behind a pile of clippings and ground up leaves no matter how it gets spread around. :lol:

Three yards on my block, three different people paid to mow it. They all leave the clippings in place.

"Fuego!" :p Oh well, I guess you get what you pay for. To each his own.
Let me surmise; they each have a rotary mower, a string trimmer, and a leaf blower. :roll:

Wow I remember when I had the time and energy to debate sidebars.
This one only went a little sideways - good job bringing it back on topic.

To the lurk who is lurking:

* Battery powered tools have come of age and are totally viable
* Chainsaws, Mowers, Wackers, impact wrenches, you name it.
* Pay top dollar for Stihl or Makita and you are guaranteed quality
* Shop for best value on a lower end brand and you will probably be stoked.
* Decide early what brand you are going with and stick to it... think about battery swap compatibility so you can get the best value... TOOLS ARE CHEAP, BATTERIES ARE EXPENSIVE.

I use Makita battery tools for professional work.
I would be fine with Home Depot brand or Ryobi for hobby work... almost as good... just a little heavier, a little less robust, etc.

Make power with voltage... so in super general terms... the higher the voltage the more likely you are going to be satisfied with the power available.

Pay the extra 10% or 20% to get something brushless.

Pay the extra to get something impact driven or with an option... hammer drilling and impact method can create astounding torque in a tiny package

Down Select to the WORST you will accept and the BEST you would like to have... then put some money in an envelope and be patient... wait for that off-season sale and impulse buy when the time is right.

Good luck guys.

-methods

Back