black and decker mower motor project question

diver

1 kW
I need to buy a brush controller for a 24 volt Black and decker mower. I have a project for the motor and not sure how many amp controller i need. Id like to go 36 or 48 volt and 15 amp .. the motor only says 24 volt. here is some specs from B&D site
any help on this will be greatly appreciated.
thanks
attery: 24 Volt, 17-amp hour, sealed lead/acid type deep discharge battery
Cutting Width: 19 inches
Weight: 76 lbs*
Motor: 1200 watt output permanent magnet electric motor
Battery Charge Time: 70% on 3-4 hours/100% overnight
Run Time: Mows up to 1/3 acre home lot on a single charge
Ideal mowing area: An average 1/3 acre lot (buildings, driveway and flowerbeds excluded) equals grass area of 10,000-12,000 square feet.
Height Adjustment: Single lever adjusts all wheels at once
Wheel Size: 7” front/9” rear
Grass Bagger Capacity: 1.5 Bu
Cut Height Range: 1½â€ - 3½â€
Includes: Rear bag, mulching plate, safety key
Average Retail Price: $399 - $449
Mower Warranty: Full 2 years
Deck Only Warranty: Lifetime
* Please be aware that our 24 Volt cordless mower weighs 76 lbs and may be difficult to push up steep hills.

View The Manual (PDF)

Well, the motor is rated at 1200W, so:
33A @ 36V
25A @ 48V

Keep in mind that sucker is going to spin psycho fast at higher voltages. (I rekon it spins >3000rpm @ 24V.)

Over the years, I recall reading about a couple projects using old B&D electric mower motors. Upgrading to 36V is an option, but do not use 48V. Start Googling and learn from other projects experiments and avoid their mistakes. I'm sure any thread with them would describe the controller used, and the results obtained. Best of luck, and have fun!

The motor in the B&D cmm1200 mower is the $170 DeWalt #242776-03

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/motor-assembly24v-p-95666.html?osCsid=mh0kb723it69imggkfjibp5io7

What i want to do is use the B&D motor as a helper on one of my heavy trikes for starting acceleration. I have a 50 tooth driven freewheel and a 9 tooth driver.to a 26 inch wheel. Do you think that is enough gear so it wont stall out on a slight hill take off. Right now i run a xlite cruiser front hub and was hoping this B&D motor would help it accelerate better from a start.
thanks

Back