SoCal Race ROLL CALL April 7th 2012 at Grange Race Track.

SoCal Race ROLL CALL Saturday April 7th 2012 at Grange.

Only 2 ebikers at the rained out Adams race last Sat, etard and SoSauty.

So who is coming to the 3rd SoCal Motor Bicycle Race at Grange Motor Circuit?

I guarantee beautiful weather on the most fun but challenging track in SoCal. :mrgreen:
Only 7 days to go!
Info thread is here:
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=36102

PaulD won the #1 plate in the Ultimate race last Oct 22nd
with Farfle's rider Aiden taking 2nd place.

============================================
Here are the numbers that you ebikers used at the 2011 June 18th and Oct 22nd races.

I will bold the #'s names of confirmed racers.
thanks

Ebikes get from 100 to 140 so please pick one.

62- Flügelwagen http://motorbicycling.com/member.php?u=18025 http://www.emotorbicycle.com

100-liveforphysics Insane? yes, but in a good way! :wink:
101-Etard
102-Jamie P
103-Stevil_Knevil
104-Paul S
105-
106-Noah B
107-shinyballs
108-Grifftek
109-PaulD
110-acuteaero riding PaulD's race bike.
111-Evoforce
112-
113-zombiess
114-SoSauty
115-
116-Farfle
117-Dan Hanebrink
118-
119-
120-
121-
123-Dennis
124-nikos7
125-
126-
130-RWP
140-Thud

Please email me at MotorBicycleRacing@gmail.com
to Register for the Saturday APRIL 7th Grange Race.

Please put your Race Number and Forum Name as the
email subject so I know who you are.

Copy and paste the questions below to the email.

1) Forum name.

2) Real name.

3) Race number from previous races if you had one.
( You can pick an available number if you don't have one )

4) What type of bike / class / engine are you riding?

5) Are you arriving Friday or Saturday?
If on Friday do you want to practice on the track?
( $20 cost if there are at least 10 riders ) $30 reg price.

6) How many people, spectators or pit crew are coming with you?
$10 each paid at the track gate.

7) Are you racing in 2 classes?
What bike / class types?

=============================

If you are coming as a spectator I would appreciate an email
too so I can plan for the event.

Thanks.

Im I insane if I shorten my Maui vacation to make this race?

liveforphysics said:

No

Fly out of LAX but drop the bike off at my place first. I'll take it to the track and you can drive home with it after the race.

Don't worry, I won't ride it. That thing scares the shit out of me just watching you. :mrgreen:

Damn... I'd so be down for this if I didn't live on the other side of the country!

Is there any races going on the east coast/Canada?

I'm coming with at least one bike, but I'm not sure if I want to race myself or not, if I do I'm probably going to take it easy and just cruise vs last time where I want balls out and managed to wreck twice with no serious injuries. We'll see how I feel about it once I get there. I'll bring what ever gear I have and 1 maybe 2 bikes to at least let others feel the power of the Hubzilla.

Last time I had no fear and I should have, I'm worried if I get on the track again I'm going to do the same thing, no fear go nuts but this time my bike is much more powerful, better tires, but also more controllable except the throttle (working on that now) so I might just turn down the power. Found a great video of me wiping out low side style Lyen took in one of the races right before the straight away that was me on the ragged edge of the tires chasing Aiden Farfles rider and I bumped the throttle and it was game over for me.

liveforphysics said:

If you asked all these people in Maui I'm sure they'd be telling you that they'd have been at the race, if only they'd known. . . .

So, all that water between you and Maui. You got what, paddle tires on that thing?

Bah, just a good set of knobbies:

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DTCwKldOObMg&v=TCwKldOObMg&gl=US

Sorry Farfle, your link list a youtube search and I can't guess what you wanted to show.

2K (18S x 30A) 9Continental 24", 47" wheelbase funbike ready (almost) Just want to study Methods advice on tweaking the CA to optimize throttle response. Com'on Etard, Nashmoto, Bigboy, MBR, Scotto, and all small engine bikers. This is where the rubber hits the track :!:

Hope to craft a fancy seatstem lipo/controller mount box for prize table, time will tell :?

SoSauty #114

Only 13 days to go to the Race.
Lots of new fast gas bikes racing for the first time.

Check out the very trick machining work on this GC 190 Honda Felt Slater bike.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.255308297896851.60146.220123641415317&type=1&l=0fa1249810

551134_255308834563464_220123641415317_538394_359759770_n.jpg

Is that the one that could have won the last Grange race if he wouldn't have ran out of gas? :oops:

It puked on the last lap deep into a corner. Standing the bike upright he got it started, but it only made it until he leaned it into the next corner. DNF

Hahahahahhaa

For the lack of a battery ...

I'm working right now to get ready to bring PaulD's old bike to this race- with my friend Miles riding it, and a new hubmotor bike for me to race. That makes two entries. We hope to get there sometime on Friday to take advantage of track practice time.

I will bring a generator for charging, others are welcome to use the power also- 200-250VDC, 6+kw from the HV system in my Prius. Works great for most all SMPS chargers.

To the group- if you're coming to the event and are making lodging/travel plans please post them! I'd love to make my plans with the group so we can hang out more- people kind of scattered last time. Would be great to coordinate a bit better. I have not made plans or reservations yet. Am planning to spend Friday/Saturday night in a motel.

Can't wait, I expect this event will be super fun. Party. You bet I will be busting my ass in the next two weeks to get ready! :D

110 acuteaero and 103 Stevil_Knevil emailed me that they are coming to the race. :D

Stevil_Knevil says that he will be donating a 17" rear
wheel to the prize table. Thank you!

SoSauty has built a battery box for a prize too.

Only 7 days to go!

here is what the state of the art gas racing motorized bike looks like now
17" moped wheels and tires.
11 hp water cooled Morini

magrider has some track skills too which has won him the 66 cc class at the
last 2 SoCal races.

attachment.php

attachment.php

That wheel sparkles and looks tough. Most all the fast rigs coming out are sleek low 20" wheel types.

For the e-bikes, someone needs to win this Infineon controller:
Infineon.jpg
MagRider's build looks as a serious contender should. I've not seen an 11hp water cooled Morini take 1st, but seems like it should. The competition, for some, is getting pretty steep. I bet Farfle takes the e-bikes. Hope Chris with his classy fast Moped makes it too :!:

My 2nd 2K bike should be ready 4/3, right on schedule. Foto forthcoming :)

Gonna try to get a few laps in Fri eve., then camp. I have bike lights for the late Fri nite cruise.

Probably not going to make this one guys. I've been having to work like a madman and long hours. Have not had time to prepare racer and the price of gas to get there is steep. Birthday is also that weekend. Tried to get my son to enter race with me a few months back but he was too intimidated about racing and would not commit. Do not want to make the trek from Arizona by myself this time. Got tons of excuses don't I? Hope everyone has fun and keep er rubber side down!

Hustle like crazy Farfel! My friends Paul and V-dog are with me machining and tig welding new dropouts on my racebike tonight.

Didnt even notice the new rear wheel was a 150mm hub width until i tried putting it in the frame with 135mm spacing. D'oh!

In order to call it motor bicycle racing they should make everyone pedal the first lap otherwise why not just put pegs on them and at least be able to ride them to their full potential?

Didn't you know that pedals on ebikes are for emergency backup to pedal home in the event of a breakdown or running out of juice. Why pedal if you have a functional motor?

liveforphysics said:
Hustle like crazy Farfel! My friends Paul and V-dog are with me machining and tig welding new dropouts on my racebike tonight.

Didnt even notice the new rear wheel was a 150mm hub width until i tried putting it in the frame with 135mm spacing. D'oh!

I thought you were going on vacation and weren't going to make it to the race?

Back