MichaNL

1 mW
Hi there,

All of a sudden my e-bike system fails.
- CA3
- Golden Motor Pro 901 kit
- PAS ring sensor
- 36V 18Ah battery

The CA3 shows a constant current of about 7 Amps without setting the hub in motion.
My PAS sensor is set to draw 7 Amps max, so this won't respond as the current is already there.
Also the throttle is set to give 10 Amps max, so I effectively only get 3 Amps on the throttle.

Can someone help me out here?
I disconnected and connected all connectors, but to no positive effect.

MichaNL said:
Hi there,

All of a sudden my e-bike system fails.
- CA3
- Golden Motor Pro 901 kit
- PAS ring sensor
- 36V 18Ah battery

The CA3 shows a constant current of about 7 Amps without setting the hub in motion.
My PAS sensor is set to draw 7 Amps max, so this won't respond as the current is already there.
Also the throttle is set to give 10 Amps max, so I effectively only get 3 Amps on the throttle.

Can someone help me out here?
I disconnected and connected all connectors, but to no positive effect.

You should probably start with verifying your CA3 value for "Rshunt" and calibration settings for "ZeroAmps".

If Rshunt is not correct it will not correctly measure amps.

Something is getting hot and melty, if you really have 7 amps of current shorting.

Turn your motor by hand, backwards if its a geared motor. Does it resist like hell? If so that's a shorted controller.

It appears my CA3 caught water.
Drying it with a hairblower fixed the readings (or shortage).
Now case to waterproof it again.

Thanks for thinking with me!

MichaNL said:
It appears my CA3 caught water.
Drying it with a hairblower fixed the readings (or shortage).
Now case to waterproof it again.

Thanks for thinking with me!

How did you discover water was the cause? Did you just suspect it because of riding in rain recently?

I've ridden in the rain with my CA3 exposed. But no problem...

I figured you'd have more obvious problems if you had 7 amps shorting somewhere.

Back