Speed up my Super Soco TS

Hello all,

I want to speed up my Super Soco TS Streethunter. Does somebody know how to do that?
I did asked this yesterday and somebody replied, but i can’t find it anywhere now also my first time on this forum.

Greetz

I don't know your specific system, but there are numerous on increasing the speed of various bikes/etc, if you look around in the various forums, and find ones that increased from what yours does now to what you want it to do, then you can read what they did and see if that's possible for yours.

In general it will depend on your specific system's capabilities, your specific terrain, riding conditions, desired speed, acceleration, etc., for how much of your bike you will have to replace to get whatever speed you are after, and how much that will cost.

For significant increases you will probably have to replace the battery and controller at minimum, and possibly the motor.

It's likely that the brakes, suspension, tires, etc are only good/safe for a certain speed / conditions, so you may have to replace those, too.

Increasing the speed increases the power required, which decreases your range unless you also increase the capacity of the battery to match. At some point you will reach a losing proposition where you can't put a big enough pack on there to do what you want and still have it perform the way you want.

You can guesstimate how much power you need, and how much battery capacity, if you experiment with the simulators at ebikes.ca using your specific conditions and needs.

I don't know your specific system, but there are numerous on increasing the speed of various bikes/etc, if you look around in the various forums, and find ones that increased from what yours does now to what you want it to do, then you can read what they did and see if that's possible for yours.

In general it will depend on your specific system's capabilities, your specific terrain, riding conditions, desired speed, acceleration, etc., for how much of your bike you will have to replace to get whatever speed you are after, and how much that will cost.

For significant increases you will probably have to replace the battery and controller at minimum, and possibly the motor.

It's likely that the brakes, suspension, tires, etc are only good/safe for a certain speed / conditions, so you may have to replace those, too.

Increasing the speed increases the power required, which decreases your range unless you also increase the capacity of the battery to match. At some point you will reach a losing proposition where you can't put a big enough pack on there to do what you want and still have it perform the way you want.

You can guesstimate how much power you need, and how much battery capacity, if you experiment with the simulators at ebikes.ca using your specific conditions and needs.
I heard something about a controller to unlock the speed. I just want it to like 70kms a hour

I'ts not just the controller, all your parts have to be capable of the extra power the faster speed will need, and be able to handle the physical stress the speed will create. See my previous post in this thread, and the many other similar threads to this one for some of the details of what you need to check, and probably have to change out.
My guess is you'll end up replacing so many parts on there that it will cost more than a new bike that already does what you want, and it still won't work as well as the new one that already does all that would, plus it's going to take you significant time learning how everything works, documenting your existing system's wiring, etc., figuring out what wires do what on the new parts, figuring out how to wire in the new parts to the old parts, setting up and tuning the new controller, etc. None of it's going to be plug and play.

There's not really any getting around the need to do research on what you're going to need to do what you want, unless you just go buy a new bike that already does what you want.

I'ts not just the controller, all your parts have to be capable of the extra power the faster speed will need, and be able to handle the physical stress the speed will create. See my previous post in this thread, and the many other similar threads to this one for some of the details of what you need to check, and probably have to change out.
My guess is you'll end up replacing so many parts on there that it will cost more than a new bike that already does what you want, and it still won't work as well as the new one that already does all that would, plus it's going to take you significant time learning how everything works, documenting your existing system's wiring, etc., figuring out what wires do what on the new parts, figuring out how to wire in the new parts to the old parts, setting up and tuning the new controller, etc. None of it's going to be plug and play.

There's not really any getting around the need to do research on what you're going to need to do what you want, unless you just go buy a new bike that already does what you want.
I understand it better now thankss

Apparently they really locked the controllers or used a different controller from 2021 onwards that can't be derestricted easily.
So you'll need a new controller and battery pack when you want to increase the top speed: Thread on derestricting >2021 models and
Reddit thread on derestricting
New controller and battery packs: For Super SOCO TS TC Battery Speed-up Controller Fast Charger Free Large Capacity Bluetooth Direct Replacement

All this was easy to find with Google search. Why can't you do this yourself...?

Back