Spooky tooth death race 2010

If you tuck your ponytail up in to your helmet it will be good for another mph for sure :lol:

That Boxxer is like 5 hp dude and Fairracing lives right by the track and rides there all the time. Not really much of a contest with the deck stacked like that but for sure good incentive to do better next time? For those distances for sure an e bike could be up there in the top 5 if setup for it. There is a big e-vent at the Portland International Raceway Memorial Day weekend that I am gearing up for. http://ohpv.org/HPC/index.html (go to race info/e events)

And the same guys that brought the Boxxer to life are now working on a 4 stroke version using the old standard Honda horizontal engine. That engine cradle looks like a nice platform for e also?

Thanks for sharing and keep the rubber side down!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 1,321
  • party 2010 052.JPG.jpeg
    162.8 KB · Views: 540
vanilla ice said:
Thud said:
Was he running this Morini motored bike?
Those aircooled 50cc S5 Morini's are capable of making over 10hp..

Serious rc setup easily doubles that without breaking a sweat.....Thud, you need to school these nubz
with their stink bikes.... :mrgreen:

KiM

Speedway bike almost online,
need to determine if a 2 speed tranny is needed for roundy round......or just gear it for 45 & get sidways. :mrgreen:
waiting for my 10gage spokes for the 20"wheel.

AussieJester said:
Serious rc setup easily doubles that without breaking a sweat...

Right right, 10 is pretty much the ragged edge for the little centrifugal clutch anyway. Stock they put out anywhere from 2 to 8hp depending on config.. I'm trying to build an S5 ( not in a bicycle ;P ) up right now. I like the Morini bike a lot better than that Honda one.. that thing looks heavy.

OMG so cool. We need more of this! Some of those ICE motorbikes are actually quite nice!

alright.. that's it.. no more talking about it .. i'm ordering a gas kit. :twisted: ( any recommendations ? )

But, looking at the vids i think i could keep up with that pace on electric, would need multiple packs with a hot-swap option to have a pack charging in the pits all the time. Dogman, if you need the gear for next year i'll ship you stuff to run with ( and I take full responsibility if you fry it ! lol ) ! :twisted:

I"m thinking a BMC geared hub on 72v Lipo and 20" rims, were there any BMX's there ?

I don't see myself ever ever beating that guy, fairracing 31. That bike is that fast. And he can ride. Anybody local can go rent a small race bike there pretty much any weekend and practice for one thing. Might have to do that next year, and make a longer stay before the race. Or whenever they run again, once I get in the loop when they will have local heats. I guess they just count heads till the track rental is affordable and go buy a couple hours of track time.

I was the only electric bike running. So no RC stuff. I'm sure one could be fast enough to win. But from what I saw, bmx frame may not be the best thing for cornering a kart track. With gearing right, why the small wheel? As safe always says, longer wheelbase helps. I dunno, every time I get a bmx going really fast I feel sketchy.

For the most part, the fast riders had longish bikes, some with stretched cruiser frames, etc. Custom frame mirroring a super bike would be my guess for the win as far as frames go, same wheelbase and maybe moped size rims?

In any case, I think for the win, 50-60 mph top speed is the starting point. Suspension? One corner is real bumpy, as you enter of course :roll: and lots of the fast guys had front suspension, quite a few springers, but the real fast guys all had a quality MTB fork, but the only one running DH suspension was the winner. It sure didn't slow him down.

As for sponsoring me for next year, sure . Ya ever see me turn down free stuff? Doesn't have to be keepsies at all. But sponsoring LFP makes more sense, like airfare for him.

I do want to run with the big boys next time, or at least next year. So I'll be looking for the stuff to charge lipo's and get a few starter blocks. I'm still thinking front hub, but with some deadly good torque arms of the Costa Rica style. Seriously, front hub was a huge advantage in those corners. I was taking a nice line, and the one time my back wheel slid through a hairpin it was no problemo. So a frontie is a key thing for me to stay up at those speeds. Even the pretty fast guys were not cornering way faster than me. But the winner was.

So I have a nice FS bike with super sweet suspension and geometry. What I'll be needing is 76v 10 ah of lipo for the main I think and a fast front hub with more watt potential like a 5303. But maybe the aotema would last 15 laps with big vents and phase wires. Bring dry ice to cool it between heats. 72-100 v controller, mabye only 30 amps, so the lipoly will last 15 laps. Data from you guys will help with those decisions. In 11 laps I only used less than half my 48v 15 ah batteries capacity, but slowed due to sag in the last lap. So there ought to be about 15 laps in a 76v 10 ah with 15-20 c lipo I think. No problems carrying that. I'd be happy to hit 40 in the straights and just be in the top ten at my age.

One interesting thing was how fast the whizzer was. Older looking guy than me in overalls, but he flew! Just being able to beat him would be great.

Just an idea for ya Dogman. Delta/Wye. Run in Wye to get up to speed then throw it in Delta for good top end. Could even run two motors, one in each wheel, one wound Delta the other wound Wye.

If the Wye motor was freewheeling you wouldn't have to shut it off when it tops out, just switch on the Delta motor and zoom...

I think the best setup would be running both motors with Delta/Wye switching. Then you have two wheel drive for really good handling. You will also have amazing acceleration all the way up to the top end.

A couple of 9C motors in Delta/Wye at 72volts would own. :twisted:

Don't worry about two motors draining a pack twice as fast. You will need better C rate for the take off but once up to speed you use about the same juice as one motor.

Of course if you decide to go RC then no need for all that.

Congrats on making a great showing for Ebikes. I got a thumbs up yesterday when I was zooming along in downtown traffic so I know that feels good. :D

Gary

Would that be the thing for 0-25 mph, or 25-40 mph. No corner is slower than 25mph, and some can go 30 easy. So getting back to 35 from 25 would be good, and getting to 40 in the long straights would be perfect for me. I bet I would crash any faster. Guy that won last years flew off the track. Fairracing 31 won last january, and yesterday by humongous margins.

I'm wondering how fast a 9x7 would be at 72v 45 amps or so? off to see the simulator. Maybe no need for a heavy clyte with a few holes in the cover, Methy seems to put a lot into his.

DAMN! I missed the video prior to last post :-|

Don't get in the Dogmanz way in a corner or you get a good helping of elbow
BWAHAHAA GREAT STUFF Dogman. Another 20volts and you would have pwned them top end
mate, you were with them the entire way just lacked the extra few miles an hour to mingle with them.
Fantastic effort mate bloody well done indeed!

KiM

Yeah, I was entering the corners much faster using the right line. Guys starting in the inside were getting suprised when I'd appear there silent but deadly, going much faster at the apex. The big boys though, all took the fast line, so If I could get in with them, I won't have to use so much body english in the corners. My ol buddy Charlie taught me how to get inside gravity racing. This was pretty fun, without the 100 foot cliffs if you got wide. Inside rules on the corners due to the laws of physics.

Looking at the ebikes-ca simulator, 9x7 9continent at 40 amps of 72v oughta get me where its fun in the pack. Time to start learning about turnigy.

Dogman,

Great job. Next year you'll own them. You were way underpowered, but I thought you owned an X5. If you don't have something better by then, I'll send you one of my motors with ventilated covers and a controller. I'm sure the group can round you up enough batteries. The only problem is that you'll win by such a large margin that the following year they'll force electrics into their own class.

Anyway, great showing on what is one of your commuter bikes. Next year you go with a race bike and have the ability to power out of trouble without needing your elbows.

John

And a few videos:

The start of Heat 2
[youtube]WyUy2qTjZ8M[/youtube]

Dogman working his magic in Lap 1 of the Main event
[youtube]6j01e4fzUbg[/youtube]

Dogman in the Main Event
[youtube]JwCe8ajews8[/youtube]

AND Dogman takes it to the finish!!!
[youtube]-eBfX46F1Ww[/youtube]

Triton

Nice job on the pics! Very professional. I never thought to ask my wife to get shots of the bikes in the pits. Glad you did!

In the helmet cam vid, lap one, I just saw something that had me confused in the race. Some guys were passing me in lap 2 that I'da swore were ahead of me. I knew I wasn't being lapped yet, so I knew something had happened. But when did I pass them? I never saw it, focused on my line. If you look real close at the last turn before the start finish, you can just see guys going off the track, guys standing there, and one guy running through the weeds and passing me on the straight on the start finish line. That corner was tricky, since you got a long straightaway to get going fast. It was easy enough to trick you, and I nearly went off it a few times exiting, and would end up barely keeping from entering pit row.

This must have been where the guy who won last years death race crashed out this year. Presumably some elbows involved.

Right about 1.45 in the lap one helmet vid. three guys off the track.

My <3 for the DoGman just doubled you look like a real hippy dude mate
good to put a face to the name ...AWESOME score on the BMX duds to 20 bucks
they look in good nick and seem to fit you well too! Was there many others
filming both trackside and onboard like yourself Dogman?

EXCELLENT job on the filming to you and tritonwow to thanks for making the effort fellas mch appreciated...

KiM

EDIT: just watched the new videos upped, hehee DogMan looks so casual on the straight slight lil pedal
as though hes on a Sunday ride You so have to get a faster ride for next year mate you deserve
to be up the front with the gassers playing catch up... Wouldn't take much either if your
current ride can keep up with the slower gas bikes with what? a ping battery? and a front frock motor.
All you need is a x5 or 9c and some headways/a123s or lipos and your not even going to be in the race
you will be that far ahead.

Yeah, real hippie. Not second generation. I was 10 years old in 1968, so didn't have to worry about Nam. But my older brothers went to colledge a lot longer than normal to keep the student draft exemption. By 13, people thought I was in colledge since I had longer hair than they did. Biggest shock of my life was the bomb not being dropped. Now what? work all my life? Hadn't figured on seeing 18.

Lots of helmet cams were on the track, and some pro photographers were out on the track. Next year, I think I know were some good shots could be gotten from the backside of the track, by the double hairpins. Without jumping the fence.

HAHA at the bomb not being dropped, lucky the Dogman was 10 in 1968 or there
might not have been a dogman at all if you ended up in Vietnam :-|

I just checked the motoredbikes website there are a few pics on there upped by
our mate Safe, he linked to this thread to (hiya safe ya old coot
hurt much you couldnt make it??
:mrgreen: ) No video there though

I was impressed by the turnout and some of the lean angles the boys were getting looks like
everyone had a blast anywayz top job to Spooky for organising the event.

KiM

Took me a bit to find this thread

Nice work indeed dogman . im feeling envy , looks like that was fun shit. (user control panel / board preferences / edit display options and you will find a radio button to disable word censoring :wink:

all that video right there has me marking a date on the calander . i wann be there next year

good showing with what you had there. id bet just changing out the ping alone would have made it a different race for ya.

them gassers dont have your torque and you could see it in the corners . next year they better be ready for us, let the lecky invasion begin :twisted:

Back