Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

Ok so i hocked up the board to a USB to serial adapter. Is there anybody here who knows this kind of stuff? Is there some program or something I can try?

Attachments

• 20200612_121846.jpg
    20200612_121846.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 1,735
This is probably worthy of its own thread but the board might need to be powered up at some point. Putty terminal program is what works for old Zero motorcycle communications...

H.I.M said:
file.php

Can you go into what size those tires are? Are they 24"?

Why did you go with bicycle tires and how does the suspension feel compared to the stock surron tires? Those tires/rim combo will weigh a lot less than the stock tires.

Offroader said:
H.I.M said:

Why did you go with bicycle tires and how does the suspension feel compared to the stock surron tires? Those tires/rim combo will weigh a lot less than the stock tires.
Переднее колесо 24. Не взвешивал, но кг 3, может чуть меньше. Как купил, сразу поменял колесо, потому что это уже было. Работает хорошо.

H.I.M said:
Offroader said:
H.I.M said:

Переднее колесо 24. Не взвешивал, но кг 3, может чуть меньше. Как купил, сразу поменял колесо, потому что это уже было. Работает хорошо.

Could you measure the height of those 24" tires? I'm wondering how they compare in size the stock 19" CST tires.

Kauaiguy said:
Looks like his fork brace would hit his fender if he bottomed out the front suspension.

Hard to tell, but could see the front fender having tire rub marks on the inside.

Mistertrixer said:
Ok so i hocked up the board to a USB to serial adapter. Is there anybody here who knows this kind of stuff? Is there some program or something I can try?

Every programmable controller I've seen uses proprietary software to do the programming. We really need the program that Sur-ron uses, but so far nobody has been able to get a copy. I can see why they wouldn't release it due to warranty issues.
There may be something made for that particular chip that comes from the chip maker, not Sur-ron. There is usually no way to "read" the entire flash so a copy of the current flash would be needed as a starting point. But even if we had that, there would probably be no way to tell what the various parts of the code are doing and where to apply a hack.

Offroader said:
H.I.M said:
Offroader said:
H.I.M said:

Could you measure the height of those 24" tires? I'm wondering how they compare in size the stock 19" CST tires.

Attachments

• IMG-20191031-WA0021.jpg
    IMG-20191031-WA0021.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 1,478
  • IMG-20191031-WA0023.jpg
    IMG-20191031-WA0023.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 1,478
Kauaiguy said:
Looks like his fork brace would hit his fender if he bottomed out the front suspension.
Передняя часть крыла поднята выше. При полностью сложенной вилке, крыло не задевает гориллу.

Rix said:
Kauaiguy said:

Hard to tell, but could see the front fender having tire rub marks on the inside.
Переднее крыло не имеет отметин от шин. Только грязь. Крыло не касается шины.

Attachments

• 20200615_211826.jpg
    20200615_211826.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 1,469
H.I.M said:
Rix said:
Kauaiguy said:

Переднее крыло не имеет отметин от шин. Только грязь. Крыло не касается шины.

:bigthumb: :bigthumb:

New primary drive gearing:Stock is 13/30, my new gear is 34t.Rear wheel has a 55t.About 35 mph top speed but holds more speed on steep hills.345361B0-E16A-49F3-BC38-5D48C610A099.jpeg

Kauaiguy said:
New primary drive gearing:Stock is 13/30, my new gear is 34t.Rear wheel has a 55t.About 35 mph top speed but holds more speed on steep hills.345361B0-E16A-49F3-BC38-5D48C610A099.jpeg

Where did you get that at?

Kauaiguy said:

Yah, your gearing is the same as running the stock unit with a 64T sprocket on the rear. I like it.

What do you guys think about this announcement? Wonder how long it will take to see this change in the Luna stock.

"Sur-Ron Battery Improvements Battery From now on, all new Sur-Ron Bikes (X Series & Road Legal) will have new improved batteries, with a one-way valve for moisture removal. Droplet We look forward to seeing these brilliant new batteries in action soon."

https://mobile.twitter.com/surronbikes/status/1268154161645879298

Merlin said:
stock surron rear with "a" 70/100/19 tire -> 14,1 lbs
18x1.85 Excel with tubliss kit + 18x 3.5 CST -> 15,4 lbs (disc missing in this pic...so add 0.44lbs ...-> 15,9 lbs
Total: 1,8lbs 0,8Kg more for:

Dude, where the hell did you found that cst ? did you buy them all ?? can't find shit in 18" !

Offroader said:
Finding an 18" rim in 1.4" or 1.6". They are very difficult to find. I bought a couple and one 18x1.6 rim was too heavy.

can i ask where you got that 1kg3 1.6 rim ? the only supplier i can find is on alibaba, and i'm not sure for the weight though

LeRdubois said:
can i ask where you got that 1kg3 1.6 rim ? the only supplier i can find is on alibaba, and i'm not sure for the weight though

Here is the Rim I bought, I searched aliexpress and contacted many companies but their rims were all too heavy. I was happy to find this light weight 1.6" rim.

The rim is a Rising Sun 36 hole 1.6 x 18. Hopefully you live in USA.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DVXHWRJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

V6sqPi2.jpg

Broke my foot peg bracket. A car decided to do a sharp turn into a store driveway and cut right in front of me. I did a sharp turn to my right and locked the rear brakes, turning with him to avoid smashing directly into his car.

I guess my footpeg must have dug into his car and broke the bracket. I actually fell into his car as my left shoulder hurt for a day after the accident.

I have a dash cam camera that is always recording but unfortanetly the stupid thing has not been recording the first few minutes after I turn it on, It didn't do that for my last ride either, so I missed getting the video footage. Kind of pissed because I always recommend to everyone to always have a dash cam camera on your bike, and you should have a front and rear camera hooked up at all times.

I don't know who was at fault but since it was only one lane and I was riding to the right of him for a few seconds which I rarely do but I had a reason to do at that moment, just bad luck. I believe that a driver of a car should be aware of any one near him, even in his blind spot before turning into a driveway. Even if I was not suppose to be to his right, you still have a duty to not turn directly in front of someone. This is the law, you can't just say, oh you were riding to his right in the same lane and its your fault because you were not supposed to be there. If you say you were not aware of a bike to your right when you turned, you would not be in control of your car, and you would be at least partially at fault. You can't just say he was not suppose to ride to my right or be there, so its his fault for being there.

Anyway, who ever fault it was I am hoping that footpeg did some damage to his new car to teach this guy a lesson to not just turn into a driveway at the last second without looking or slowing down and turning slowly. I am thinking the footpeg must have dug into his lower door and then ripped or pushed the bracket to break like that.. Surprised the footpeg bracket broke so easily but that is a good thing, better for the cheap bracket to break then your frame to break.

Not a big deal as I actually bought spares of these brackets as someone mentioned on this thread that they break very easily and thought having a spare set made sense so I wouldn't have to wait around if they broke. I would suggest you guys get spare brackets because these are the first things to break.

qjgW9Tv.jpg

N1J7Kmw.jpg

Offroader said:
Broke my foot peg bracket. A car decided to do a sharp turn into a store driveway and cut right in front of me. I did a sharp turn to my right and locked the rear brakes, turning with him to avoid smashing directly into his car.

I guess my footpeg must have dug into his car and broke the bracket. I actually fell into his car as my left shoulder hurt for a day after the accident.

I have a dash cam camera that is always recording but unfortanetly the stupid thing has not been recording the first few minutes after I turn it on, It didn't do that for my last ride either, so I missed getting the video footage. Kind of pissed because I always recommend to everyone to always have a dash cam camera on your bike, and you should have a front and rear camera hooked up at all times.

I don't know who was at fault but since it was only one lane and I was riding to the right of him for a few seconds which I rarely do but I had a reason to do at that moment, just bad luck. I believe that a driver of a car should be aware of any one near him, even in his blind spot before turning into a driveway. Even if I was not suppose to be to his right, you still have a duty to not turn directly in front of someone. This is the law, you can't just say, oh you were riding to his right in the same lane and its your fault because you were not supposed to be there. If you say you were not aware of a bike to your right when you turned, you would not be in control of your car, and you would be at least partially at fault. You can't just say he was not suppose to ride to my right or be there, so its his fault for being there.

Anyway, who ever fault it was I am hoping that footpeg did some damage to his new car to teach this guy a lesson to not just turn into a driveway at the last second without looking or slowing down and turning slowly. I am thinking the footpeg must have dug into his lower door and then ripped or pushed the bracket to break like that.. Surprised the footpeg bracket broke so easily but that is a good thing, better for the cheap bracket to break then your frame to break.

Not a big deal as I actually bought spares of these brackets as someone mentioned on this thread that they break very easily and thought having a spare set made sense so I wouldn't have to wait around if they broke. I would suggest you guys get spare brackets because these are the first things to break.

qjgW9Tv.jpg

N1J7Kmw.jpg
I ride like I am invisible to everyone but the cops, it has been a good strategy so far. Glad you are not hurt. Could have been worse.

Back