• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Suzuki making an electric mini-bike!

Exciting to see some big dogs finally see the light. ;)

http://blog.motorcycle.com/2013/10/29/manufacturers/suzuki/introducing-extrigger-suzukis-electric-answer-honda-grom/

nice!!
suzuki Extrigger, just a concept.
more for fun not transportation,

honda/yamaha/suzuki all had e-scooter concepts...

102913-2014-suzuki-extrigger-concept-f.jpg

honda grom been selling well ($3k, 150cc, 220 lb)
http://www.latimes.com/business/autos/la-fi-hy-honda-grom-20131026,0,7349296.story#axzz2j9TOcyQg
http://www.hondagrom.net/

...and for all you Canadians out there...David Suzuki is indeed retired (and tired of grappling with the climate change deniers), and getting about on an ebike I've heard...have a peaceful and happy retirement David!

I agree

looks tight

Hope they make it. If you can get kids on these things they will go on to purchase full size electric bikes and cars/trucks/trikes. They will never learn to love the smell of gas like we did when we were young bucks...but its ok

change can be good

20 mile range and 20 mph max. And 2000 max watts. :? My board does more power 30 mph and 25 miles off a .. 300 watt
Hour battery. Can't they get more into that! Tragic. I don't understand the trend that's going so far with the little wheels
With fat tires. Maybe they're nice never tried. Can't we get a real electric motor cycle that's small like this in this county by now. The electric grom isn't all over the place like it should be. Maybe it's weak too.

150 continuous amp vesc and a hobby King motor and that frame
Would be more fun.

Jason has a Chinese version of the same sort of thing. Not big or very fast, 30 mph or so, 2000w. But he has a blast on it in summer. Likes the grip of the motorcycle tire vs e bike.

I'm kinda digging Luna's Banana - https://lunacycle.com/luna-banana-bbshd-ebike/
DSC_2218__36560.1479705767.1280.1280 (1).jpg
There's a lot of room for batteries in that frame.

Not as sporty looking but it's more the real deal and hits 30mph at least. it skips the complexity and cost of shocks and other bells and whistles which aren't necessary and are mostly eye candy. A respectable ride. You could put enough batteries on there to do 100 miles doing 30mph the whole way. Probably not comfortable to pedal but I see pedaling as a back-up when the battery dies.
Every squishy fork on a bike I've gotten I've replaced with a rigid steel and still can bomb down mountains off-road sometimes with some air out of the tires. On the road, unless doing really high speeds I've never gotten to, id rather just have a wider tire for suspension and save the weight and room.

the mini race bike lookalike or the banana seated rigid fork that supposedly does 30 ( i wonder). adjusting the seat height isn't an option but adjusting your motor and cranks laterally is. if you're tall I guess you go long. awesome frame. that frame for half the money at 1000$ with a hobby king 10,000 watt motor (what will it really do), and whatever some controller maybe from hobby king. and skip the cranks and pedaling complexity. (I'll glue some on for the police), and wouldn't I have a vehicle with way more power for maybe 2000$ still? if the frame simply had a mount for the motor already and simply adjustable as there for tension the wheel, and some kind of giant box for cells, it would be simple to seat up something capable of a lot. How much power or energy can be gotten in this frame for how much money?
the other bike on top is still not for sale yet I think as is so often the case. but its frame wouldn't be able to make nearly the awesome vehicle this could be. did I say I like the frame. the battery in there on the pic posted above seems about 1/10th of what's possible if you were to just stick the bare minimum in. you could get a dolly for your bike to bring your power wall over.

Back