Sydney group ride - - Saturday 18th August

Great ride today fellas, thanks to all that came.
I think next time will be bigger and better and I'll make the effort to get some snags and we'll have a proper BBQ.
Perhaps we'll wait until the ground is a little dryer too, we all looked like we'd had a thorough mud bath! All part of the fun though :)

Nice to meet you Saiyan. You were the only guy there who didn't have Hyena sourced parts :p
Your build is quite impressive with alot of power from that "800w" through the stock drive train. I'll be interested to see how well it holds up over time.
There were minimal mishaps which was good. No stacks and aside from scruff running out of juice just shy of the finish and my slow leak that required constant repumping we went well.

Here's my take on the group photo that we all lined up to take with our phones. We must have looked like Japanese tourists seeing their first kangaroo :lol:

The video from today will take a while, I have 30gb of gopro footage from 2 cameras to go through!!

ES1.jpg

ES2.jpg

thanks for the rides today guys.....really had alot of fun......
will definatly be in the next run aswell......hope to have 10+ bikes next time....
good to meet new friendly faces, cant wait for the next ride out.

2day was extra muddy as hyena said......but didnt stop us none the less. besides having mud all over my clothes and face, it was well worth it.
almost made a big stack 2day in the mud.....lucky we got footage of it, lol. cant wait to see it, should be fun.

get the vids on youtube........wana c the fun we had. :D

aftermath of 2days run.....

Attachments

• IMG_0867.JPG
    IMG_0867.JPG
    166.7 KB · Views: 2,857
Thanx for the awesome day everyone!!! It was great meeting everyone, checking out your bikes and riding with you. :D

That is the first time I've taken my bike on the dirt,... well any ebike for that matter, and I love it! It's like extreme downhill riding 100% of the time - even uphill! :mrgreen:

I must say though, it really took me until after lunch to get the hang of not only the bike on dirt but the slick road tyres and hardtail on some of that terrain as well. But I'll be back for more punishment on the next ride! I hope it's soon. :twisted:

As a suggestion, I've dreamed of riding the Ingar Fire trail from Wenworth falls to Woodford - I don't know the distance but I think it should be well under 30kms. That shoud be a lot of fun. Although there is a big climb from Murphys Glen to Woodford Station.

Thanks everyone again,.. and Hyena, only remember to only show footage of me that somehow makes me look like an awesome rider. 8)

argh!!!!!!! :twisted:

Sounds like you guy's had a blast...wish I could have come...will definitely try for next time. Hopefully my dam bikes finally working by then. :roll:

argh said:
As a suggestion, I've dreamed of riding the Ingar Fire trail from Wenworth falls to Woodford - I don't know the distance but I think it should be well under 30kms. That shoud be a lot of fun. Although there is a big climb from Murphys Glen to Woodford Station.

Isn't that Andersons fire trail? I've ridden it several times before on my non E-bike. Your right, its about 30kms, depending on where you start from. There's one section you'd wanna watch though. Depending on the recent rainfall, there's a creek crossing that can be a bit deep at times. The climb out is pretty gnarly as well (especially when you've stacked it and ripped open your knee :x ), but that's what e-bikes are for right. :mrgreen:

Since it's mostly downhill, and with a lotta Regen braking, I reckon if you took it easy, you could even combine the Andersons and Oaks fire trail for an epic ~60km e-bike ride from Wentworth falls to Glenbrook. Would be pushing batteries for some though, especially if you don't have regen.

Cheers

Thanks all for the Great day.

I was so sore last night in my whole body from all the punishment the hardtail handed out to me.

Pulled my motor apart at Hyenas after teh run and Jay says it looks like i was close to frying my motor :) We have taken it all apart now and venting holes will be drilled. Speed bore has been purchased today.

The ride was awesome for me lady carringtondrive was teh highlight. With those puddles taken outta the equation so we could maintain a bit more speed that would have just been like heaven riding.

Look forward to the next ride. Lets not leave it to long thou. We dont need to spend a lot of time planning some big trip id be happy just going back and doing the full lady carrington trip :) With a long lunch session etc at audley. Could even maybe bring the wife and kids down with the BBQ and make a base up in the park near where we stopped etc etc.

I also hope there is some awesome footage of that backflip i did at the start of the ride on those big jumps? Anyone?

Anyways thanks again and safe travels.

Scruff

Cowardlyduck said:
argh said:
Isn't that Andersons fire trail? I've ridden it several times before on my non E-bike. Your right, its about 30kms, depending on where you start from.

I dunno, you may be right, but I thought Andersons fire trail was longer and started further south into Kings Tableland. According to Google maps, The ride I envisaged goes down Queen Elizabeth Drive (doesn't turn into Ingar fire trail and goes to a campsite with a small lake with a waterfall and about 600 m back from the campsite, you turn right to go to the Murphys Glen campsite and up Murphys Fire Trail to Woodford Station. On Google it looks as if Murphys, Queen Elizabeth Drive, and Andersons meet almost at an intersection. I was trying to make the ride a little shorter so we can have some fun along the way and not have to conserve our batteries. :mrgreen:

argh!!!

Start: http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=Qu...Dr,+Wentworth+Falls+New+South+Wales+2782&z=17
End:http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=Be...edford+Rd,+Woodford+New+South+Wales+2778&z=16

argh said:
it really took me until after lunch to get the hang of not only the bike on dirt but the slick road tyres and hardtail on some of that terrain as well.
Yeah not the best terrain for a hardtail with slicks! Although the mud was more the issue. As Scruff says when it dries out again lady carrington drive is a good ride and that alone would be a good run for most people. We could either have lunch near where we stopped last time or half way along lady carrington drive - there's a few picnic tables at a clearing (just past where we stopped this time) that's nice. No BBQs though if we were planning to do that.

I'll have to stick close to here for now, I don't have a rack for my car so am limited to riding within an hour of my house.

argh said:
Hyena, only remember to only show footage of me that somehow makes me look like an awesome rider. 8)
I'm having trouble with your footage actually, my software doesn't like it for some reason and says it's incompatible. I dunno what it is about the 1080p hero2 encoding that's different but I'll have to find a work around if I'm going to use your footage.

Scruffoid said:
I also hope there is some awesome footage of that backflip i did at the start of the ride on those big jumps? Anyone?
What ?? I didn't know that ! Did you come off ?
I don't think there's any footage unfortunately - Saiyan and I went first with Argh behind me.

I do however have footage of Saiyan nearly falling off not once, not twice but 3 times :lol:

There's a funny bit at the start when we all met and he said "I'm the guy you spoke to on the phone ...all Asians look alike ... G'day I'm Bruce." hahah

scruff came off? lol would have love to see that......
yep......there was a few times i almost came off, thats how i like it, GO HARD OR GO HOME.......lol

but its true......all asians do look alike........bahahahhaahah
just to clarify, its funny because i am asian. :) for those who didnt know.....

common jay......get these vids on the tube, want to see the action. :D

Hyena said:
I'll have to stick close to here for now, I don't have a rack for my car so am limited to riding within an hour of my house.

*cough*millenium volkwagen*cough* however, i've got a "very" road bike build and that trail sounds like i'd be eaten for breakfast......*scratches head*

Thanks for the offer hobbit. I want to get one of those dirt bike style towbar racks too. Though the bigger issue is getting a full day leave pass from the missus and kids...

Full throttle, im working on it man! I spent 3 hrs on it last night and only got through 1\4 of it at best :|

[youtube]LfiZRdofxN8[/youtube]

I threw together a few mins of footage, but don't expect any fancy editing.
If I start to post more videos online I might start to pretty them up a bit. :mrgreen:

Sorry guys, been swamped.

Here's part 2 of the vid
Part 3 is nearly done so will up that shortly.

As for next ride day, I'm possibly free next saturday if anyone else is. The missus has a kids bday party I dont plan on attending so as long as it's not raining I'll be hitting the trails one way or the other.
Just ordered myself a new gopro too so hopefully that'll be here in time for the weekend.

[youtube]7htBD3pqtgk[/youtube]

It looks as if you are having trouble with the 1080p Hero2 footage. :(

I don't know what process you take, but I have found that if I load the mp4 files from the GoPro directly into Premier or After Effects, the software becomes very sluggish and crashes frequently. So, the process I take now is,.. I load the files into the GoPro Cineform editing software (downloaded from GoPro site - it also updates the cameras firmware) and do the first step only and I convert to avi cineform codec (uncompressed - large file sizes) which I then in turn load into Premier (or AE) and then it works fine. Doesn't become sluggish and doesn't crash. Mind you I have a quad core extreme processor and quadro graphics chip. (I shouldn't mention that my work field is multimedia or you might expect more from my videos) :p

Cheers
argh

argh said:
It looks as if you are having trouble with the 1080p Hero2 footage. :(
Yeah my editing program was being an A-hole and wouldn't accept the footage so I have to encode it using another prog then bring it back into my main one which lead to compression artifact and I also rendered the final product in a lowish bitrate because I have a slow upload speed here and it takes hours as it is. I'll have to get to the bottom of it though, just got a new hero2 so will be using it more. I normally shoot in 720 though so I have 60fps when I need it

Next 3rd and final part will be up tonight

Last vid, still uploading for the next 2 hrs according to youtube. The quality of this one should be better as I've used a higher output bit rate.

[youtube]z1tWzuY5o_4[/youtube]

Back