Sydney group ride - - Saturday 18th August

Hmmmm what time are you thinking for the ride?

I was coming over to get teh controller reprogrammed. But i am supposed to be at work LOL.

But i could fit in a small one :) maybe i could get the programming done then head over to the meeting point of the ride adn leave after 15minutes or so :) after testing out the new power levels etc

Note sure yet, depends on what sort of day it is. If it's nice I might head down to Cronulla and go for a ride out to boat harbour. Or maybe out to Lucas Heights and risk getting chased by the feds :roll:
Gotta be back by 4pm though

Video bump for new page
Features mainly the lady carrington drive end of the ride
Saiyan nearly falling off, twice :lol:
Me shower argh in mud, twice :p
Scruffmans LVC beepers going off at the end
Interesting comparison between Saiyan's chain drive motor and my large H40 hub, both pulling around the same current up a fair hill

[youtube]z1tWzuY5o_4[/youtube]

Count me in!

So,... where are we headed this week?
I'm not keen on the Feds hitting me with a taser with my batteries in my backpack!

Anyone ever tasered a lipo cell before? :twisted:

argh

Hobbit said:
Saturday is a very rare saturday off so I'm in.
hmm, if we have the millenium volkswagen at our disposal maybe we could head elsewhere ?
No immediate suggestions and I guess with your and argh both having hard tails you'll want somewhere not too rough. Saturday is forecast to be mostly sunny at this stage, I'm thinking cronulla / kurnell - out along the beach to boat harbour and then along the trails around the cliffs at kurnell. Or we could just ride there but we're both a fair hike from Cronulla. Plenty of nice places to stop for lunch too. And minimum feds seeing as argh is a big girl :p
Although there's always official looks stern faced people standing guarding the entrance to
this big bridge I think it's customs or something like that. Some drag races along there would be pretty sweet if we could get in :p

Hey, that's near were I like to ride sometimes...although I usually ride all the way there and back from my place for an ~80km round trip that my battery pack only just makes. :)

Some nice "soft" off road tracks round here.
http://goo.gl/maps/tu7S3

I might join, but not sure yet...gotta get permission first, went for a big one last Saturday also. ;)

Cheers

Cool duck, it'd be nice to have another fighter there, then I can make a stealth specific vid :)
Got my new gopro hero2 yesterday so I'm good to go!
Did you do just the yena / muru trail in blue or the cape baily trail in green too ? I've done the blue one but would like to do the cape baily. I think it'd be a bit slow and technical in sections knowing what the terrain is like out there but it should be pretty cool.
Get the train to Cronulla so you've got plenty of juice to hoon around when you get out there :)

Hyena said:
Cool duck, it'd be nice to have another fighter there, then I can make a stealth specific vid :)
Got my new gopro hero2 yesterday so I'm good to go!
Did you do just the yena / muru trail in blue or the cape baily trail in green too ? I've done the blue one but would like to do the cape baily. I think it'd be a bit slow and technical in sections knowing what the terrain is like out there but it should be pretty cool.
Get the train to Cronulla so you've got plenty of juice to hoon around when you get out there :)

Yeah, I'd probably drive down if I do come. Can you PM me your number so I can get in touch if I do make it. What time would we meet/where?

I don't know about doing the Cape baily trail. I think it'd be mostly sand and me and sand have a bad history on my Fighter, it'd be worth a look though. :)

As I said, not sure if Ill make it...might have to do some convincing of the missus. :) Will see.

Cheers

Edit: Oh and I forgot. I don't actually have my Fighter at the moment. Abraham's trying to fix a stuff up I did on my Schlumpf atm :oops: Lesson learned...don't use locktight on your Schlumpf...anywhere. Hope he can sort it for the weekend.

I think "that big bridge" is where they pump all the crude oil off the oil tankers into the refinery to make a big chunk of australia's petrol.. So a guy in a ronald mcdonald wig with a bicycle full of what looks like C4 would make security all grumpy and serious. :lol:

Do we need a charging station? I've got a mate on captain cook drive at kurnell, could arrange a powerpoint on the driveway, my icharger, 1000watt power supply. Not sure how organized/serious we want to get...

Yep, millenium volkswagen too. Giddee up! But yeah, whatever everyone reckons, i'll do my best to keep up.

Cowardlyduck said:
I don't know about doing the Cape baily trail. I think it'd be mostly sand and me and sand have a bad history on my Fighter, it'd be worth a look though. :)
Yeah soft sand sucks - wastes power and heats up motors. I stick to the hard stuff on the waters edge or dodge it on the trails. As you say we'll check it out and if it's too hard there's other places to ride.

I don't actually have my Fighter at the moment. Abraham's trying to fix a stuff up I did on my Schlumpf atm :oops: Lesson learned...don't use locktight on your Schlumpf...anywhere. Hope he can sort it for the weekend.
Ack, did you put it on the buttons or elsewhere ? I was worried about losing my buttons as they just sit there kinda loose and a few more turns and they just drop off, but loctite could be a bigger problem!

Not sure what time exactly we'll kick off - my missus is taking the kids out so I need to synchronise our departure times for maximum houseold harmony. Leave too late and I'm wasting ride time, leave too early and I'm not helping out enough with the kids and will encounter The Wrath(tm) :lol:
I'll confirm later but how about we meet around 1:30 at Cronulla ? Or if no one is getting the train we could just drive to Kurnell and meet there - that'll give us more time/range to zoom around.

Hobbit, I dont think we'll need a charging station - even if we set off from Cronulla with near enough to full packs we'll be right. We all have decent sized packs - 18S and 15ah+ and it's only a ~30km round trip (40 absolute max with zig zagging around)

edit: I can't get out to 1:30pm - so are you guys happy with that ? If not then head off earlier and I'll catch you later.

Hyena said:
Cowardlyduck said:
Yeah soft sand sucks - wastes power and heats up motors. I stick to the hard stuff on the waters edge or dodge it on the trails. As you say we'll check it out and if it's too hard there's other places to ride.

I don't actually have my Fighter at the moment. Abraham's trying to fix a stuff up I did on my Schlumpf atm :oops: Lesson learned...don't use locktight on your Schlumpf...anywhere. Hope he can sort it for the weekend.
Ack, did you put it on the buttons or elsewhere ? I was worried about losing my buttons as they just sit there kinda loose and a few more turns and they just drop off, but loctite could be a bigger problem!

Not sure what time exactly we'll kick off - my missus is taking the kids out so I need to synchronise our departure times for maximum houseold harmony. Leave too late and I'm wasting ride time, leave too early and I'm not helping out enough with the kids and will encounter The Wrath(tm) :lol:
I'll confirm later but how about we meet around 1:30 at Cronulla ? Or if no one is getting the train we could just drive to Kurnell and meet there - that'll give us more time/range to zoom around.

Hobbit, I dont think we'll need a charging station - even if we set off from Cronulla with near enough to full packs we'll be right. We all have decent sized packs - 18S and 15ah+ and it's only a ~30km round trip (40 absolute max with zig zagging around)

edit: I can't get out to 1:30pm - so are you guys happy with that ? If not then head off earlier and I'll catch you later.

Hey yeah...I'm in. :) Abraham fixed my blunder with the locktight on my Schlumpf...and no it didn't involve lube. :p I had put it on the end of the grub screw, but it worked it's way onto the control rod, making the button firmly stuck.
And I got permission from the missus. :)

1:30 sounds perfect. I'm driving so Kurrnell would work best for me.
How about here for a place to meet.
http://goo.gl/maps/tNm5q
Free parking on the street near by.

Cheers

Cool I was going to suggest meeting just there anyway!
Even if the place is packed (which it can be on a nice day) parking a few streets away is only 30 seconds ride on an ebike :)

So who's coming? How many we expecting at this stage?

Ill bring my bike tool kit for any onsite repairs that may need to happen.

Anyone got an inverter for a car? I'm thinking of buying one at some stage...would be useful for a top off charge right before riding. My Fighter charger only draw's 350W.

I also won't bother bringing my crappy extreme sports camera. It's just too old/crap now. Planning on getting a go-pro or similar for Christmas.

Cheers

You better go pick up your bike first, I was at glowworm 20 minutes ago and tempted to take it for a spin :p
I too have schlumpf issues, only I think mine was caused by blunt force trauma... :oops:

Hyena said:
You better go pick up your bike first, I was at glowworm 20 minutes ago and tempted to take it for a spin :p
I too have schlumpf issues, only I think mine was caused by blunt force trauma... :oops:

Lol...yeah, will be picking it up in the next hour. With the luck I've had lately...really hoping nothing manages to break between now and tomorrow's ride. :lol:

Cheers

Hobbit said:
Yeah, entry to the park, 1.30...wahoo!
You still able to swing by my joint Hobs ? Say around 1:10 ?

full-throttle said:
Have fun!
Looking forward to all the photos and videos 8)
You know it :)
It's going to be fairly windy again tomorrow but looks like an otherwise nice day for ride.

I don't like my chances of making it unfortunately.

I've been trying to borrow a vehicle for tomorrow but haven't been able so far. It appears to be from 8-10kms from a train station which will leave me with too little battery for any fun.

But at least that is the reason I can't make it! I had a close shave on Thursday, nearly hit an immaculate vintage Alpha Romeo 2600 as it was turning into a driveway. My front wheel locked up for a split second (you can hear it on the clip I've posted if you listen carefully), then immediately after I release the brakes, the front wheel goes into a death wobble. Yikes,... but not to worry, both the bike and me are shaken but OK! - pun intended :mrgreen:

argh

[youtube]q3Dze68dDA4[/youtube]

Holy crap that was close.

Sorry i cant come tomorrow. Big day planned with son doing trumpet exam then im going to work.

Jay is however hopefully still gonna reprogram my controller tomorrow. So dont use up all your brownie points Jay and make you wife upset at me :)

Its ok i wont stay long as i need to get back to work anyways

Hyena said:
You still able to swing by my joint Hobs ? Say around 1:10 ?

So....passage to alderaan, huh, i'll do it for 15000. ( or no worries )

And you too argh, i can take you from Cronulla station to the park... Private message if i've revived yer keenness.

Hobbit said:
So....passage to alderaan, huh,
If it's a fast ship ?

i'll do it for 15000.
I'll give you 2000 now and 15000 when we get there

:mrgreen:

Fast ship? You've never heard of the millenium volkswagen?

argh said:
My front wheel locked up for a split second (you can hear it on the clip I've posted if you listen carefully)
Very close call indeed ! You nearly both ended up with broken parts that are hard to replace!
I dont think that squeel was your tyres locking up though, that was the sound of your bum hole puckering shut :lol:

Back