Test ride after controller/battery mods

Just had my first test ride after modifying my 72v35a controller ( increased amperage to 60 amps, added some copper, and upgraded power wires to 8 gauge) . Also added 8 gauge wire to the batteries , added solid copper wire to all battery connections and using anderson 75A connectors. Can't believe the increase in power and acceleration , it is amazing . My previous top speed up a 16% grade hill by my house was 25kph, now I can do 47kph up the same hill, very impressive . I will probably have to lower the amps a bit until I add my 4s7p emoli pack in order to have enough amp hours for my commute to and from work but it is definitly a lot more fun now.

Am I to understand from this you're using the stock FETs and they're surviving that load?

Which hubmotor, what size wheel, what battery voltage?

greasypants said:
Didn't try a wheelie yet . My previous attempt ended up with me on my back trapped under a pile of nimh cells.

That deserves a photo posting! Can you do a re-creation with a camera on timer? :)

Note to self: Have son video ALL first time tests no matter how embarrasing they may become.

Hey GP;

The mods that Justin did were they at your suggestion or his? Did he do all of the mods or were some of them yours?

I only ask as I have been considering your set up but was wondering about the controller reliability.

I wonder if Justin would do this mod or get Kenny to supply them from the factory.

Justin replaced the mosfets for me but said it is not something he normally does. He did mine to take photos of the process and post it on the website in the future as a DIY guide. The rest of the mods to my controller I did myself following what Lowell did .

greasypants said:
He did mine to take photos of the process and post it on the website in the future as a DIY guide.

URL to this posting?

-JD

Hi Lowell:

How local is local when you are referring to the Fets Mods?

Well as long as I don't have to travel much out of my way. That would mean anywhere in Vancouver, Richmond, Burnaby or Coquitlam.

Back