Thoughts on split pack

Solarpower

100 mW
I'm building a battery that is supposed to go into separate bags on each side of the bike, but I am having some trouble deciding what to do. I was first thinking of building the 14s6p pack into two 7s6p packs, but just thinking of all the wiring made me question this idea. I'm going to use a BMS, so there will be some wires going from one side to the other... Would you build it as two 14s3p packs, and just parallel them?
Any ideas are appreciated! :)

The best way to build a split 14s pack, is by using 2pcs of 7s each with it's own BMS IMPO (2 wire type).

Using a single bms and linking the split packs, or paralleling 2pcs of 14s, are both liable to have some sort of issue. Not saying you can't do it, but I don't recommend it.

Thank you for the answers.
The pack is not for me, but I will have a conversation telling him what you told me :) We are talking about 18650 yes.

I'm thinking of doing something similar but using two packs with a switch between them, similar idea to a motorcycles main and reserve tanks. I intend to use two BMS. Most of the recommendations on here are for Bestech BMS, which are pretty expensive. Given the importance of the BMS's functionality, obviously skimping here is a no no. If its the only viable option, it is what it is. I'm hoping to locate a BMS which allows for better charge rates too... Other than price I'm also not sure about how much testing Bestech have done on their products...

Are you selling BMS separately at all Paul? I've had look through the website and there's nothing there for BMS....

Back