Throttle cuts off PAS BbSHD

BBSHME

1 mW
Greetings, The BBSHD I am programming has a problem in that when the throttle is being used the PAS doesn't work. I have set the throttle to designated assist 0 and I want to tape it so it is running all the time, but when I do that the PAS isn't engaging. Is there a programming setting that forces the motor to read PAS instead of throttle when pedalling?

If you set PAS to 0, you get 0 PAS. Not to be a smart alec about it or anything, but you can't set PAS to 0 and get any type of PAS electrical power assistance.

I don't have this motor, but it looks like there are only 3 ways to do the throttle below. Maybe on the first one below, you can put assist at 0 and then for step 3 try setting limited current and limited speed way above 0, towards maximum. That's the only try for this to work.

Disable Throttle AssistLink

1. Set Designated Assist to 0
  2. Configure Assist Levels in Bafang basic settings page
  3. For Assist 0 set Limited Current(%) = 0 and Limited Speed = 0. In some cases value 1 should be set
  4. Your Throttle assist should no longer work

Enable Throttle Assist - PAS dependent​

1. Set Designated assist to Display Command
  3. Set desired values for Limited Current(%) and Limited Speed for Assist 1 - 9
  4. Your Throttle assist should be limited based on the PAS level you see on display

Enable Throttle Assist - always max power​

1. Set Designated assist to 9
  3. For Assist 0 set Limited Current(%) = 100 and Limited Speed = 100
  4. Your Throttle assist should work the same (speed and current limit) no matter what PAS level you see on display

AFAIK from my reading of the systems over the years, the throttle is setup in the bafang software as an override, so any throttle input forces it to ignore the PAS. (but I don't have one of these systems to verify that with)

It is also how various other systems work (including the cycle analyst).

Back