Throttle giving too much volts when switch is on

Chernikes

1 µW
So... I took a friends scooter to fix out of boredom, I taught the problem would be fixed easily.
So the throttle wasn't giving power but when the wheel was spinning (manually of course) the throttle would show speed. I brought a new Controller, rewired a bit (the connectors from the handle to the controller were pretty wierd wired, like each componant seperate),and as I tried to check the volatage from the throttle (it has a key switch) as I switched it on it goes from 0 to gradually getting up ( I didn't stop to wait to see when it stops but it is a lot after 5 volts)...
Idk the whole bussiness is pretty unclear and i really don't know if I got the right parts or if I'm going the right way fixing this problem ... this has became a pretty big project for me, I will be grateful for any advice anybody has, I'm pretty lost... of course I'll add some pics.

Attachments

• IMG_20230925_194142_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20230925_194142_hdr.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20230925_194158_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20230925_194158_hdr.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20230925_194210_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20230925_194210_hdr.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20230925_194227_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20230925_194227_hdr.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 12
Most throtlles have a magneric sensor chip in them. The part runs off five volts and the output can go no higher than the supply voltage. You probably hooked the throttle up wrong. There should be a 5V line going to it. See if your meter reads that properly. If the battery in the neter is old, it will read too high.

If the throttle has an on/off switch or an voltage display, it will also have the scooter's battery voltage going to it.

Most throtlles have a magneric sensor chip in them. The part runs off five volts and the output can go no higher than the supply voltage. You probably hooked the throttle up wrong. There should be a 5V line going to it. See if your meter reads that properly. If the battery in the neter is old, it will read too high.

If the throttle has an on/off switch or an voltage display, it will also have the scooter's battery voltage going to it.
Can u help me some way to diagnose the situation?

As stated the throttle only reports back to controller 0-4.8/5V depending on where the throttle is twisted. If you have more than 5V in, I bet you tapped into the 12V display rail or battery 48V feed to the battery meter on the throttle. Throttle and brake should be 3 wire red/green/white or red/yellow/white...something like that. Center wire is the variable out of the throttle.

Back