Tongsheng TSDZ2 upgrade to 8 pin?

halfeuro

10 mW
Hello

I received a suspected counterfeit Tongsheng TSDZ2 with 6 pin.

I want to upgrade it to 8 pin.

Is that possible with one of the upgrade kits I found on Aliexpress?

I want to install throttle, new display. etc.

Please help?

Thx

II don't think making a fake TSDZ2 would be worth the effort, I doubt such a thing exists. You've likely got the non-throttle version. Yes you can upgrade it but that involves a little soldering. See here for the pinout: https://github.com/OpenSource-EBike-firmware/TSDZ2_wiki/wiki/Wire-KT-LCD3-to-TSDZ2

Then look here for how to solder on wires for the throttle: https://github.com/OpenSource-EBike-firmware/TSDZ2_wiki/wiki/How-to-install-motor-temperature-sensor

These instructions are for installing a temperature sensor, but it uses the same output on the PCB as the throttle, so you solder the same spot. Just look at the labels in the 6 wire image.

I do not know for 100% certani its fake

It is highliy likely however.

I will have to open the motor to see if the config is the same

This world is really going to hell.

halfeuro said:
I do not know for 100% certani its fake

It is highliy likely however.

I will have to open the motor to see if the config is the same

This world is really going to hell.

What makes you think it's fake considering there is a legit 6 pin version. Can you post a pic?

He did not send proper components as promised and other factors.

I assume it's a fake because of this and other things and it being on national fraud center advisory (dhgate where I got it)

halfeuro said:
He did not send proper components as promised and other factors.

I assume it's a fake because of this and other things and it being on national fraud center advisory (dhgate where I got it)

The seller or DHGate? Because DHGate is like Alibaba. There could be scams on there but many legit sellers. It really means nothing. You need to use some common sense. Post a pic of the motor please.

The thing about DHGATE is in Canada is a known counterfeit seller SO they tell everyone to avoid them.

Thanks for your input

halfeuro said:
The thing about DHGATE is in Canada is a known counterfeit seller SO they tell everyone to avoid them.

Thanks for your input

Lol, uh yea there's counterfeit everywhere, you are way off about what that is referring to though. Not motors, more like clothing/sunglasses etc, some electronics, even batteries, because they are relatively easy to counterfeit, but ebike motor isn't one of those things. I'd really like to see your "counterfeit" motor. I am sure you don't have a fake motor but if I'm wrong it'd be very interesting.

The issue was not really counterfeit but suspected. It's mostly the parts they didn't include and they did not say it was 6 or 8 pin motor. I didnt know there was a difference and he made it appear I was getting a throttle.

Back