Trail Pictures - It's nice out there !!

Nice pics. What are these things strung between the trees for?

woods3_163.jpg

That's something called " TreeGo "

You strap up in a harness and clip yourself to a guide line, then you follow from platform to platform thru the obstacle course.. and then Zip-Line across the park 60ft high off the ground !!!!

Great fun.. just opened this year, for 27 $ you get to play in the trees for about 3 hrs !!!!

The course has 3 sections, each one harder than the previous and higher as you go along.

nice pics

Whats the second cycle analyst for ypedal?

Looks like great fun. Since the activity used to be free, $27 seems a bit spendy for the pleasure of recapitulating our ontogeny by swinging between trees. On the other hand, I suppose it's a little safer now because of all the harnesses, guide wires, and dearth of saber tooth tigers. :)

One is the backlit DBv2 with inline shunt and the other is a cycle analyst with shunt directly into the controller..

A bit of an experiment to compare each side-by-side..

The DB.v2 helps prevent my Lithium BMS from tripping from overcurrent at low speed, and the CA lets me play with all the fancy options like max speed / throttle / amps / etc...

I'm considering switching the 406/409 currently in use for a single speed 408, bypass the bms and strap on a 40 amp controller. :twisted: This will be a winter project.. :wink:

Yo

Real nice pics! very autumnal! love the tree ropes as well! would love a go at that, bikes looking nice and I am sure is a lot of fun in the woods, the hill at the end is prob steeper than it looks on video. Thanks for the pics

Knoxie

WOW,

certainly does it for me Y!!!
gotta love those forest trails :)
thanks for the pics, inspires me to crack on and get in there myself :)

cheers

D

hehehehe, i know - hook it up!!!!, slowly slowly catchy monkey :)
things are shaping up nice here ;)

D

That hill looks like I'd have to pedal to keep up speed with my Bionx, but Heinzmann would probly pull me up with the geared hub. I'd pedal anyway for more speed.

Nice pictures, thanks 8)

Beautiful scenic area and bike to boot Ypedal. The fall colours are great,kinda reminds me of Peterbourough/Apsley area here in Ontario with the variety of different trees.Betcha the air smells great too!

Where I am south of Toronto alot of the farmland and forest have been bulldosed over for good ol' urban expansion. When I was a kid there was plenty of brushland to play around in all day.I pity the kids here now as they no longer have that. :(

Well that's enough rambling for now,Thanks for the pics. :D

Eric

recumbent said:
That hill looks like I'd have to pedal to keep up speed with my Bionx, but Heinzmann would probly pull me up with the geared hub. I'd pedal anyway for more speed.

Nice pictures, thanks 8)

Thanks !

If you look at the picture of the hill, the light post on the bottom left side of the trail is aprox 20ft tall, trees on both sides are 40 + ft.

The picture does not do it justice i think.

1200w for most of the hill, 1400-1500w for a part of it ( when i passed the jogger ) :wink:

Reason i filmed the wheel's shadow on the ground is that i had to hold the handlebars with both hands ( did not have my chest-cam mount ) going 45-50 km/h on the way down..

no the pictures never seem to capture hills well - the only thing that seems to help is have someone halfway up and film you riding up past and up some more.
Love the pics Y, rip on !!!

cheers

D

Back