TranzX M16/DP16 error E56Fb and E0501 after display swap

dsjohnny

🧲 New user
Joined
Dec 13, 2025
Messages
1
Location
France
Hello everyone,


I own an EasyBike EASYSPORT M16-D9 (2017) e-MTB equipped with a TranzX M16 mid-drive system.


Unfortunately, the original TranzX DP16 display was stolen.
I purchased a used DP16 display, but since installing it I am experiencing the following issues:


  • When connecting the battery, I immediately get error E56Fb
  • The display then boots normally
  • Electric assistance works intermittently (1–2 s ON / 1–2 s OFF)
  • Speed always remains at 0 km/h
  • After a short time, error E0501 appears

According to TranzX documentation, E0501 indicates a speed sensor issue.
However, the speed sensor has been tested and is working correctly:


  • continuity (short circuit) when the magnet is close
  • open circuit otherwise
  • wiring checked, no broken cables

The magnet is correctly positioned and at the proper distance.


I therefore suspect a firmware / compatibility issue between the display and the motor controller, as the replacement DP16 did not come from the same bike model.
I have read that in some cases, replacing the display may require initialization or pairing via TranzX LogiX software.


👉 Has anyone experienced this with a TranzX M16 system?
👉 Is display–motor reinitialization actually possible?
👉 Or does the display have to come from the exact same bike model / firmware generation?


Any help or technical insight would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
 

Attachments

  • 20251210_140830.jpg
    20251210_140830.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 20251213_102024.jpg
    20251213_102024.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top