Tsdz2 vs Spcialized levo motor feel

cavi

10 W
I am not wanting to get slammed here, just curious. I have a full suspension Kona with a BBSHD and I love it, however I also own a beautiful Titus Racer x which I might convert, but want to go a bit lighter.
Either way, I like my bike to feel like a bike not an electric Bike/motorcycle. I want to use it for exercise, but with the extra benifit of the electric help. I have the BBSHD tuned well but after much thought for me the idea of Torque sensing might be more of what I am looking for so I am considering the Tsdz2 for this bike. However how does the feel of this motor stack up against one of the store bought bikes with a torque sensing motor loke the BOSH or Shimano ect..... ? Do they feel similar? Or are they completely different?

cavi said:
I am not wanting to get slammed here, just curious. I have a full suspension Kona with a BBSHD and I love it, however I also own a beautiful Titus Racer x which I might convert, but want to go a bit lighter.
Either way, I like my bike to feel like a bike not an electric Bike/motorcycle. I want to use it for exercise, but with the extra benifit of the electric help. I have the BBSHD tuned well but after much thought for me the idea of Torque sensing might be more of what I am looking for so I am considering the Tsdz2 for this bike. However how does the feel of this motor stack up against one of the store bought bikes with a torque sensing motor loke the BOSH or Shimano ect..... ? Do they feel similar? Or are they completely different?
You need to get feedback from users running our developed OpenSource firmware, that unlocks more power, high cadence up to 120 RPM, more battery range, smoother response and protects the blue gear to lower the maintenance.

I just finished building a bike with a TSDZ2 kit with the OS installed at EcoCycle. As a point of reference I have been riding the stock version for 2 1/2 yrs on my hardtail that sees real single track whenever it can.

In fact just finished the build today and took it for a shakedown run. I have lots of miles on my front hub motor bikes but as so many manufacturers are doing mid drive road bikes I thought, that with the ability to fine tune with the OS the torque sensing and higher cadence that it would be a good barometer to see for myself.

If it was up to the old system like on my mtb no way, but out of the box the OS version is much more refined in regards to the pedal feel being natural and as set it likes a higher cadence which is fine with me for road use. I was tooling around as fast as I wanted to go on flattish ground, including a long stretch of gravel, reading 400 or so watts on the display. There is a big climb, and ripping paved DH outbound, back to the barn and I just spun up using 350w, which I also find to be the sweetspot on my hub bikes for climbing speed/range.

I won't have an eBike without a throttle although I only using it for starting out. The setting is perfect in that its just enough to get you going and settled into the pedals so I won't be messing with that. It is quite a bit stronger on my mtb but that comes in handy if I need to re-start on a climb.

On this bike I have a big battery, 48v/18ah/21700 cell in an HL case, because it will be used for extended logging road riding and when I get to the desert plenty of options there also.

Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 11.27.31 PM.png

As far as weight goes I don't have a scale but it is for sure lighter without the battery. Handles just fine, well planted and stable even on gravel going 20+.

Back