• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Turnigy HXT Powered Custom Cruiser Worklog

Cheers guyz yes im very happy chap at the moment, as your all aware this is not my strong point
and easily frustrates me when things don't work how they are meant to...Luke, Mr Fechter,Hyena,enoob,
Mr Goodrum, Gwhy!, amberwolf & Mr Recumpence SiR thankyou all for the help it is always welcomed and very much appreciated...

That sexy WEEEEEEEEE sound when the outrunner is at full tilt is the reason i have one instead
of an Astro and the reason i will keep buying them when i destroy them, can't beat em at $AU99 bucks a pop
IMO....heheh & the lycras will piss their shiny pants when i come zooming by hehee

I am soooo close now folks, i have all the box layout sorted, lil bit of fiberglassing to do
in the morning then bolt the battery enclosure onto the bike and VrooooooOOOooooOooooOoM-->

battery_enclosure_2nd_shelf_fitted.jpg

I have decided to keep it simple, i wanted a black plexy window but when i went to add this
today upon inspecting the top of the enclosure it wouldnt have worked well, it is curved and
getting the plexi shaped to match this would be a freakin nightmare as i wanted to recess it
so the plex was level with the top of the lid, it wouldnt look like a bought one and i wouldn't
be happy so a lil slot for the WattsUP (will be the Turnigy if it ever gets here) to show the LCD...

I want to lay a single sheet of fiberglass over the shelf PLUS ad a small shelf up under the rear
of the enclosure for the 49v-->12v converter to sit on (when i get it) i will pop the 12v LiPO Matt.P
has loaned me for the time being, im actually even thinking of picking up a couple from HobbyCity
and using them permantly, just hand the charging lead out the back, they wont need charging anywhere
near as much as the pack..

I have my mates 40th B'day/Bar-b-Q/Parte' to attend tomorrow afternoon so i will need to get a hurry
on first light tomorrow as Sunday and possibly Monday will be recovery days...Pics of this occasion
will be a lil 'saucier' than the Drag pics to Luke should have a nice stripper to mark the
occasion LoL

Back soon gentz

KiM

AussieJester said:
I am soooo close now folks, i have all the box layout sorted, lil bit of fiberglassing to do
in the morning then bolt the battery enclosure onto the bike and VrooooooOOOooooOooooOoM-->

I have my mates 40th B'day/Bar-b-Q/Parte' to attend tomorrow afternoon so i will need to get a hurry
on first light tomorrow as Sunday and possibly Monday will be recovery days...

C'mon mate. You have got to get this little beauty running for Oz Day. Can't think of a better day for the cruisers first run.

Maybe with a couple of flags out back :D ....
Flyin_AJ.jpg

hehehehe nice photochop .... I do how however have a erm... more pressing issue that needs
a solution..LUKE! i made the mistake of breaking one of the 'golden rules' i let the wiminez fall asleep after the "appreciation session" ( i knew going to the pub last night was a bad idea) SO.. what do i do now.. should i climb back onto the 'workbench' ie. BED and nudge her till she wakes up OR order the taxi for her first and wait for the ::beep beep: when it arrives then wake her ...:: bewildered look:: not sure of the protocol here for post "appreciation" they are usually that un satisfied they leave straight after .... damn Wild Turkey... :mrgreen:

KiM

AussieJester said:
not sure of the protocol here for post "appreciation" they are usually that un satisfied they leave straight after .... damn Wild Turkey... :mrgreen:
hahahaha
sounds like you were both legless las night :lol:

I remember getting rid of a girl a back in my man whore days by telling her I'd slept in and had to rush off to take my grandma to a doctors appointment and I'd drop her at the train station on the way through. Why she'd be seeing a doctor at 8:30 on a sunday morning is beyond me, but I was convinced at the time it sounded like a good story :lol:

See this is why you should have had the cruiser ready, you could have thrown on your helmet and glasses and rode off into the sun... rise :mrgreen:

AussieJester said:
hehehehe nice photochop .... I do how however have a erm... more pressing issue that needs
a solution..LUKE! i made the mistake of breaking one of the 'golden rules' i let the wiminez fall asleep after the "appreciation session" ( i knew going to the pub last night was a bad idea) SO.. what do i do now.. should i climb back onto the 'workbench' ie. BED and nudge her till she wakes up OR order the taxi for her first and wait for the ::beep beep: when it arrives then wake her ...:: bewildered look:: not sure of the protocol here for post "appreciation" they are usually that un satisfied they leave straight after .... damn Wild Turkey... :mrgreen:

KiM

Call over another more pretty girl, and invite her into the bedroom. You got two possibilities. It will either be awesome, or hilarious and loud, but either way both girls will leave the house shortly after so you can work. :)

LoL... Luke, once the wiminez been here once
there'z not alot of chance on a return "appreciation" visit buddy, trick
is not too break the 2nd rule ie. never ever let them sleep over then
you dont have to have breakfast with them and see them in the daylight when sober...

Update

It was a VERY VERY busy weekend for me, 2 birthdays Parte's to attend and then Australia Day
celebrations yesterday, funnily enough i was feeling good today so i braved the heat and got
the interior of the box finished off!! -->

Battery_Enclosure_shelf_series_pic2.jpg

I will pop the 48v-->12v adapter under
the shelf Mr Fechters black box of tricks
sitz on, time being a 11v lipo will slip
under there to power the actuator...

I also forgot too take a pic of a lil 8 pin
connector i have fitted to the front of the
box, the actuator wiring and throttle
wiring will be connected to this making
the box wiring a modular affair...

Thank god this part of the build is
finished getting motivated to 'play' with batteries and
wires has been near impossible :? ...

I will empty the enclosure out fit it too the frame
tomorrow hookz everything up (thank god for terminal connectors)
and maybe even take some video to up here...if not you all have to wait till its
been painted in a few weeks time for some action shots...don't want to be
disappointing 'bikeraider' with a half finished job now do i :mrgreen:

Back soon

KiM

AussieJester said:
getting motivated to 'play' with batteries and
wires has been near impossible ...
Totally sympathise with that. I've blown up my Fechter/Goodrum BMS so many times now I'm almost scared to touch it any more. This bit must be the uphill slog, but it looks like you've got it beat. I'm really looking forward to seeing it all assembled for the first ride. I guess now you're nearly finished I'm going to have to stop spectating soon and get on with my own metalbashing.

Yes i'm much more comfortable cutting/bending/welding metal than i am wiring up expensive components i know next to nothing about and
can't afford to instantly replace if i break them :-S
Sitting on the bench i can't break them at least LoL

I have it all sorted now thankfully, as is seen in past pics its all running (out of box) and simply clicks together easy peasy with connectors now so "should"
all be straight forward now :: touch wood ::

KiM

gtadmin said:
Hi AJ, are you going to give the cruiser a shake-down run prior to stripping it for painting? I'd hate to have it painted and reassembled to find that I overlooked something and had to attach or modify a bracket (or whatever) destroying the finish.

Anyway, looking good mate!

Yeah ...in about 3-4 hours time...I have promised myself it will also be dismantled the same
day to a point its a BIG hassle to pop it back together for another blat...If i leave it
in one piece will be this time next year till its pulled down for powdercoat and paint...

KiM

AussieJester said:
gtadmin said:
Hi AJ, are you going to give the cruiser a shake-down run prior to stripping it for painting? I'd hate to have it painted and reassembled to find that I overlooked something and had to attach or modify a bracket (or whatever) destroying the finish.

Anyway, looking good mate!

Yeah ...in about 3-4 hours time...I have promised myself it will also be dismantled the same
day to a point its a BIG hassle to pop it back together for another blat...If i leave it
in one piece will be this time next year till its pulled down for powdercoat and paint...

KiM

I can't wait to hear how the test run goes KiM!

Looking good , nearly time for the maiden voyage! :mrgreen:

AussieJester said:
Sitting on the bench i can't break them at least LoL
I have it all sorted now thankfully, as is seen in past pics its all running (out of box) and simply clicks together easy peasy with connectors now so "should"
all be straight forward now :: touch wood ::

I don't know how many times I've soldered up circuits / kits and had them working perfectly on the bench, then taped/boxed/screwed the project all together only to flip the switch and have nothing happen :x

Oh man, tomorrow is a big day!! I will be checking for reports posting full Egrin. :mrgreen:

So Kim, when was the last time you rode on two wheels? I mean, you've always had the trikes in full effect, but now with the fold up stabilizers you have two wheel action. It's like your first ride again. Like I say, big day. 8)

More likely tomorrow morning i'm afraid, i have all the box mounted but there is a couple of little things i need
attend too i had forgeotten about...I worked this morning on mounting the battery enclosure, i needed to make
4 new ali mounts for it grrrr...10 minute drill and tap turned into ~3 hours of cutting, filing, sanding, drilling, tapping

As i say shes mounted now at least. :)

IMG_4447.jpg

View attachment 1

IMG_4446.jpg

I have mad new aluminium mounting brackets for the Mr Recumpence SiR reduction
drive unit, i had forgotten the spring mount for the seat now fouls on the top of the unit
it needs to clear it so the motor mount section of the drive can be tilted forward so the can of the outrunner
clears the main drive belt, in the position itis in now the belt ever so slightly rubs on the motor...cut/weld
to fix BUT this will also evolve pulling the battery box off the reduction off the seat off, the seat mount
also needs modifying as the spring mount when i move the lower mount is now wrong...Only remembered when i went
to put the motor on before coming in for Lunch...The actuator switch on the bar needs wiring also...No biggy
but it will consume the afternoon. Video is doubtful until i can get two mates around and that wont be till the weekend
by which time the bike will be in pieces again...shall tellz you all about it though :mrgreen:

etard..rode my mates brothers 125 pit bike about last year but cant change gears...
....the whole changing gears and bake brake is a problem i have no foot movement, balance thing aint an issue
and seeing i have no gears to worry about i should be right, will take things slowly till im used to the bike obviously
then head for the local oval and soft grass to practise some wheelies hehe...

KiM

Progressed some with the wiring this arvo,
but as the temp hit 37C I didn't venture out
to the workshop opting to stay in the aircon
and get the actuator/throttle wiring sorted
THEN before i knew it the mates dropped
around for BeeR O'Clock andi had to stop

...here'where i'm at though

Actuaot-throttle%20wiring.jpg

I decided this will only be done once hence
the BLING cable sleeving YES thats is silver
mylar sleeving from GaMMods cheers Greig ;)

I shall also be using this for the hydraulic lines on the Avid Juicy 7 and
any other 'cables' that are visible...
the cables inside the box were done
with black mylar sleeving...My pet hate
is wiring being seen, my PC Case modding days
saw all wiring hidden those that couldn't be sleeved...

Those waiting for video, POSSIBLY!?! have some good news,
dependant i think on a baby
sitter, Matt.P is POSSIBLY heading
up tomorrow with his cruiser AND to have a
fang on my cruiser...POSSIBLY...
if he does there will be a HUGE video update of both our
rides, his with a new rear hub
and double the current through his speed
controller doing the 100m acceleration 'test',
im just as keen to see how quicker that goes ..

anywayz and either wayz i'll be back tomorrow with an update ...

KiM

Hiya Frank...today ill be happy if it just runz hassle free wont be going for any speed 'records' thats for sure

Matt .P and I (well mainly Matt hes the brains in this endeavour im just the labour haha) came up with ~67km/hr for top speed 'on paper' whether it will do this less or more remains to be seen...anything above 50km/hr will be a bonus IMO... Shall get the freewheel extra wide hub and ENO sorted post haste with the addition of a new 180kv Turnigy (when they come into stock) current running 130kv Frank ;)

I best get too it now i been freakin around with Microsoft Outlook 2007 for an hour it wont bloody open
for some unknown reason, every fix i have tried fails too work...Frank send emails to my Hotmail addy until i let you know i have myt iinet account running again too please buddy...Any other members that have sent me mail in the last 24hrs...i havent got it yet LoL...

Back later this arvo chaps

KiM

Ypedal said:
If you formatted, outlook 2007 needs components from express that no longer are supported ) not part of xp sp3 ) , install microsoft live mail instead ! :wink:

Nope havent formated and not running XP heck i cant recall when i last did TBH...I been using Viusta since beta and now Windows 7 since beta...I have tried all fixes found on the tech forums that worked for others, they aint working for me im afraid...was working fine yesterday before i shut down for the evening, boot up this morning and nadda...

Ill sort it out this evening...

KiM

Ypedal said:
Doh.. i hates vista... but i'd look for recently installed windows automatic updates messing up the works.

I liked Vista was a resource hog but i have heaps of resources LoL...Windows 7 is the ducks nuts IMO

As to auto updates what ya think the chances are of me having that turned on on a pirated copy of Win7 YPedal Man :mrgreen: I manually download updates NOT from Microsoft which i havent done for months...

I did just install Windows Live as per your suggestion, works well shall stick with this for now, just need
to get my contacts onto the thing...

KiM

You need to get better pirated sources, I know a guy using a copy of windows 7 that autoupdates fine. Although he was telling me he has a problem with outlook mail where it doesn't save the password for his account so he has to enter it every time which I imagine gets annoying.

Me ? I'm still running windows for workgroups 3.1 :lol:

Hyena said:
You need to get better pirated sources, I know a guy using a copy of windows 7 that autoupdates fine.

And so does mine, i choose not too as i dont keep up-to-date with the PC world these days i have a hacked bios
that tricks win 7 into thinking its installed on a HP store bought lappy, if the key used is banned my win 7 will stop working, with auto updates OFF it cant do squat. I Usually simply download a copy of the OS with latest updates included and dont bother
with updating again, unless i hear of something worthwile then ill manually download the update in question and instal it...

KiM

I feel like a caveman, since I'm still using XP, and am perfectly content with the status quo. It's kinda like my ebikes...If they ain't broke, I don't fix em. The beauty is that they don't break.

John in CR said:
I feel like a caveman, since I'm still using XP, and am perfectly content with the status quo. It's kinda like my ebikes...If they ain't broke, I don't fix em. The beauty is that they don't break.

^^pretty wells sumz up why i dont update, if it works dont frock with it :)

Lil heads up...Matt.P is 100% coming up this afternoon...the back wheel of the bike JUST then spun under its own power WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE it went hehehe... WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...have to pile the gear into the box now i have the motor in belts tensioned and everything tight...I iz abouotz an hour away and frock its hot outside 37C today damn it!

Back laterz

KiM

Back