Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

I know most people run the qs 138 mid motor + em150sp at 20s(84v) , after talking with Harry at qs he did say that set up can actually handle 21s(88v) has anyone went this high with no problems? My concern would be volt spike from regen or back emf ! Not sure if the controller is already set up with that protection already..

Out of the votol controllers what does everyone recommend with 138motor at this time ?

This is what one of the experts that works with qs and votol controller said to me of the difference between the S and the SP versions

“ em150sp is em150s controller, p means by from us.(SIA/QSMOTOR).
In last year, there has em150s with higher phase current, however, it burnt out easily, then higher phase current version of em150s controller is not available anymore.”

Ok, that’s clear then. It matches well that the higher current controller disappeared from votol homepage also a while ago.

100v parts can be ok up to 22-23S so 21S should not be a problem. Charging to 4.0-4.1V instead of 4.2 is a good idea to save batteries and give margin.

Who is the QS expert?

larsb said:
Ok, that’s clear then. It matches well that the higher current controller disappeared from votol homepage also a while ago.

100v parts can be ok up to 22-23S so 21S should not be a problem. Charging to 4.0-4.1V instead of 4.2 is a good idea to save batteries and give margin.

Who is the QS expert?

This is very interesting. I would love more power. Going from 20s to 22s, and only charging the batteries to 4.0v pr cell, could be a nice solution. This will only give 88v "fully" charged, vs. 84v on 20s. And at the same time it would bring the lifespan up, and give me some more power / distance / capacity. Since most of the charge is between 4v-3.6v, I would not loose a lot.

larsb said:

Who is the QS expert?

Just one of the qs dealers I’ve been bugging for the last 3 weeks asking him 1000 questions about this motor setup. I just order from him a couple days ago.

I plan on doing something crazy, putting 2 of these(138,em150sp) in my sons power wheel.
Of course I weld a extended frame and go kart slicks etc.. it’s more of a video skit I want to make! racing my dads corvette for you tube, and making it look like my 2 year old is driving it.

Here is the idea, I know I’m going to get it from people!!
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FxNZsRPcBKQCxQqgd_b95aIiJ0FcFSFH

https://www.ebay.com/i/184070592304?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=184070592304&targetid=913598341604&device=m&mktype=pla&googleloc=9031372&poi=&campaignid=6469750777&mkgroupid=90043439478&rlsatarget=pla-913598341604&abcId=1141176&merchantid=6296724&gclid=CjwKCAiAnfjyBRBxEiwA-EECLOOoLpOuD0mdOgWkGd5fGjt_nvrqj9NDWWXhdd4zaEgt5BMtUtX7vhoC1d8QAvD_BwE

Nice idea, i doubt you’ll need two motors though. That chassi won’t like high speeds so you can gear a single motor to 40mph and do all the drifting you want.

I’d rather buy burnout tyres that creates pink smoke for the second motor money :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
https://highway-max-coloured-smoke-us.myshopify.com/collections/14-tyres

larsb said:
Nice idea, i doubt you’ll need two motors though. That chassi won’t like high speeds so you can gear a single motor to 40mph and do all the drifting you want.

I’d rather buy burnout tyres that creates pink smoke for the second motor money :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
https://highway-max-coloured-smoke-us.myshopify.com/collections/14-tyres

Good idea!!
I’ve always had a problem with over doing things, cAnt help it. I was going to add 1” steel tube all around the frame and put 13”x6.5 slicks in the front and dual 13”x6.5 side by side in the back. And gear it real tall since all that tq.

I really was just going to give it a try It and film it , then most likely take motor out and build a off-road scooter/ dirtbike using a skateboard long deck for flex and light weight

Hey sorry newbie question I just recieved my em150sp and 3000w motor. I installed the software and drivers. when I press connect it says communication abnormal no response or it says random jibberish. Any ideas? Thanks.

Hello! This is my first post. I want to apologize for my bad English.
I have a kit of a 2000W 120 70H motor and an EM-100SP controller, a 60V 60A battery. The problem is this: when I turn the full throttle, the motor starts to twitch, the speed increases and control is lost, you can stop only by disconnecting from the battery. This happens at the factory setting. My friend has exactly the same problem, we bought sets at the same time.

Here is what I have already tried to do:
0. Read all pages of this topic
1. Changed the settings to those that the Chinese sent me (did not help)
2. Checked the motor on another controller, not VOTOL (the motor works fine)
3. Wiring done correctly
4. Measured the throttle limits and entered the parameters into the controller (tried several throttle handles)
5. Understood with almost all the settings in the controller, including the right pop-up window with weak flux calibration (stopped losing control after a full throttle but the motor did not stop twitching)

I ask you to:
1. Optimal settings for this motor and controller (only SP version) if someone has already configured
2. What should be if you connect the brown wire to the ground (4.. A key repair)
3. Why in the DISPLAY window do not show the correct temperature of the motor and controller 100 degrees (when you enter the calibration mode of the motor the temperature is correct)

Loss of control and jerking (first start video):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1H4_pNMkhD9zHdpMXcAKn_2k_4PA3-OrD
Video after my attempts to fix
the problem:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H0blgdc9NLX1n5vUpu6NvF1h0PzB7CH0/view?usp=sharing

Settings on which everything should "work" ))):
View attachment 0219 QS 120 No P.ini

Brown wire:
IMG_9085.jpg

Kotov.aleksander said:
I have a kit of a 2000W 120 70H motor and an EM-100SP controller, a 60V 60A battery. The problem is this: when I turn the full throttle, the motor starts to twitch, the speed increases and control is lost, you can stop only by disconnecting from the battery. This happens at the factory setting. My friend has exactly the same problem, we bought sets at the same time.

3. Wiring done correctly
4. Measured the throttle limits and entered the parameters into the controller (tried several throttle handles)
5. Understood with almost all the settings in the controller, including the right pop-up window with weak flux calibration (stopped losing control after a full throttle but the motor did not stop twitching)

I ask you to:
1. Optimal settings for this motor and controller (only SP version) if someone has already configured
2. What should be if you connect the brown wire to the ground (4.. A key repair)
3. Why in the DISPLAY window do not show the correct temperature of the motor and controller 100 degrees (when you enter the calibration mode of the motor the temperature is correct)

the problem:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H0blgdc9NLX1n5vUpu6NvF1h0PzB7CH0/view?usp=sharing

0219 QS 120 No P.ini

Brown wire:
IMG_9085.jpg

Is the hall sensor plugged in?

crf150rb said:
Hey sorry newbie question I just recieved my em150sp and 3000w motor. I installed the software and drivers. when I press connect it says communication abnormal no response or it says random jibberish. Any ideas? Thanks.

if the controller is turned on and everything is connected according to the instructions then check the soldering of wires to the usb controller. I had a short circuit CAN wiresD4CD81DF-1019-45D3-82FE-CE8B1E7C963F.jpeg

if the controller is turned on and everything is connected according to the instructions then check the soldering of wires to the usb controller. I had a short circuit CAN wiresD4CD81DF-1019-45D3-82FE-CE8B1E7C963F.jpeg
[/quote]

Thanks will try when I get home
Is there any indication that the controller is on? Fsr I think it is not on even though it is connected properly

Kotov.aleksander said:

3. Wiring done correctly

I ask you to:

the problem:

0219 QS 120 No P.ini

Brown wire:
IMG_9085.jpg

Is this only on the bench ?? Full throttle without load, is not very healthy for motor / controller, and could result in desync

SilverLine said:
Is this only on the bench ?? Full throttle without load, is not very healthy for motor / controller, and could result in desync

Yes, no load, but I thought you can not for long). The seller from China sent me the settings that I posted above and said that everything should work as in this video
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wcb9VICfX79ZZIdOvdKj_QT98_FiAKoI/view?usp=drivesdk
mine doesn't work like that

Kotov.aleksander said:
SilverLine said:

Yes, no load, but I thought you can not for long). The seller from China sent me the settings that I posted above and said that everything should work as in this video
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wcb9VICfX79ZZIdOvdKj_QT98_FiAKoI/view?usp=drivesdk
mine doesn't work like that

Could you do a video like that ?

SilverLine said:

This video was sent to me by a Chinese, it can be seen on it that this controller is not an SP version, I think the reason is this, they changed something in this version and normally does not work without special settings)))
Can anyone show me what parameters in the additional calibration window weak flux, on the SP controller, please.
2722F789-F154-4471-BD32-351054BC04E1.jpeg

Kotov.aleksander said:
SilverLine said:

This video was sent to me by a Chinese, it can be seen on it that this controller is not an SP version, I think the reason is this, they changed something in this version and normally does not work without special settings)))
Can anyone show me what parameters in the additional calibration window weak flux, on the SP controller, please.
2722F789-F154-4471-BD32-351054BC04E1.jpeg

Could we se the display window ?

just here you can see the problem with the temperature display, which I wrote about in my first post

SilverLine said:
Bartosh said:
Exactly... what's the software version you've been using (full file name)?

The same link. But I dont have that window to the right you have.

Sorry, it was a question to kotov.aleksander.

Btw you need to expand the right part to see it.

Back