What a day...

nechaus

100 kW
So I was troubleshooting my controller on my mp2 ebike, Turns out something inside my kelly that is making it go only WOT with the slightest throttle touch, unable to go low power..
Had to reflash the thing 3 times, re wire 3 times and then conclude its not going to work without surgery, only took like 5 hours for some reason to figure this out
Kelly said something with the zero -cross points are off...

Anyway Fany from Kelly controller has been very helpful, The controller is far outside of warranty, I Got a discount on a new KBL
They have two newer models since mine, made them more reliable, I have had 6 kelly controllers, all have worked perfectly, Broken two of them due to some shorts caused by me
If someone wants a brushless controller, Kelly kbl series that probably repairable or can be used for parts, looking at it now, its a nice aluminium case... pm me...im sure it can be used for something, its brushless and upto 120 Volts, 150 amps, runs the motor smoothly, Someone crazy who likes wot all the time might want it.
otherwise ill likely trash it, i know no one who would want it.

So i had this bike without a controller, I just looked and i have like 3 magic pie 2 internal controllers, never been used.
Thought before i install a new kelly and spend a day wiring up a bike putting lots of effort in, Ill quickly externally wire an internal mp 2 controller, mod the shunt and try blow it up.

I smeared solder on the shunt, taped it up with cloth tape, Then proceeded to zip tie it down onto the rear rack, Wiring everywhere.

Rode my bike for 14 km wot, Worked perfectly, There feels to be much more current to what i originally remember, thinking 3kw peak , did not measure it , used 14 s lipo
I was wondering if i can mod this thing to run more voltage ? if i change the caps & fets, will the firmware also need to be edited? id love it to run 20s, it would be a neat little package

Back