What effect does a continuous draw on have on a e bike battery?

Define low amp, define continuous. What is your battery's rated amp draw? How long are you continuously drawing?

48 volt battery 19.2 amp hours 40 amp rated

Draw is from a front light in off mode with a small led that tells you the usb front light is connected usb is always connected

Thanks

Cryingmadman

It tends to extend the life, and delivered capacity out of any given battery.

Also, lithium batteries' calendar life results in them having increasing internal resistance by the year.. so the more overrated they are.. the longer you can use them.

I used to love running 2C on 20C lipo. I had to get below freezing temperatures to get ~1v of sag on the pack @ full throttle, lol.

Draw is from a front light in off mode with a small led that tells you the usb front light is connected usb is always connected

Thanks

Cryingmadman
If you have a multimeter, you could measure the current draw. It's just math after that.

I don't drive my truck for months at a time. I went to start it once and the battery was dead. Charged it, drove it around, everything was fine. When it happened a second time, I traced it to a USB adapter plugged into one of my unswitched accessory sockets. Unplugged it and hasn't happened since.

Thanks

Cryingmadman
Not enough to concern yourself with, in regards to battery life. Technically yes, there's going to be a constant draw, somewhere between 10-40ma per LED. 19200mah battery / 40 ma draw = it would take 480 hours for just the LED to drain your battery, or 20 days. You'll probably use it/charge it before then.

It will definitely prevent the battery from sitting 100% charged for long periods of time (which is damaging to it).

Back