What is phase current and what is a good amount for me?

I don't have cycle analyst, and I set the current at 25amps, 60 amps phase current. According to my wattmeter, it's drawing 10 amps at full speed, with the bike wheel not touching the ground.

Umm well I have no idea. But never owned a sensor less system.

Maybe when under load?

I know when I use anything above 100% ( on more powerful system) as the road speed reaches the usual max speed, with 120 set, you get a mild kick and current increase, the motor sounds smoother and you get greater speed.

I believe this is when the controller switches from PWM to full commutation .

When this occurs is determined by wheel speed. Maybe it is just that your controller at the voltage and currents you are running is just not enough even when under no load to get it up to max RPM for the controller to switch.

What voltage is your controller good for ? You could maybe rig up a test pack with higher voltage and compare again.

And what motor?

From reading another thread recently about the operation of the "infineon" controllers, apparently the 120% setting is achieved by advancing the timing. So 100% is full battery voltage, then start advancing the timing.

I had heard that too, but other threads say different, so I do not know and purposely did not mention it.

Back