What is RF ISIS?

hindesite

100 W
Looking to replace cranks on CYC Photon, this has ISIS crank interface with 15mmx22mm bolts

I see some vendors referring to RF ISIS, is this a departure or variation on the ISIS standard, and will RF ISIS cranks be compatible with standard ISIS shafts?

I'm familiar with ISIS and the relevant documentation, can't find anything related to RF ISIS.

Appreciate input on this, many thanks.

The only info I could find with certainty is that RaceFace is one of the originators of the ISIS standard; I couldn't find anything in a moment's search that indicates there are different versions of the standard. Your best bet is to ask the sellers themselves for the details on what they are selling, so you can make sure it matches what you have. If they can't or won't provide that, I'd move on to the next. (I don't like sellers that refuse to provide details of what they're selling, and/or don't even understand what they're selling; sometimes a deal is too good to pass up but I'll usually hold out...).

The only info I could find with certainty is that RaceFace is one of the originators of the ISIS standard; I couldn't find anything in a moment's search that indicates there are different versions of the standard. Your best bet is to ask the sellers themselves for the details on what they are selling, so you can make sure it matches what you have. If they can't or won't provide that, I'd move on to the next. (I don't like sellers that refuse to provide details of what they're selling, and/or don't even understand what they're selling; sometimes a deal is too good to pass up but I'll usually hold out...).
Vendor is Miranda in Portugal, have already contacted them but they've just returned from extended holiday so will have some delay catching up with emails.

Always interested in enthusiasts perspective and experience in forums.

Thanks, that is useful.

I'd also come across reference to RF-ISIS having extended splines or a different thread size, not sure how much weight to give that.

For those not familiar and following along at home, the ISIS documentation is here: ISIS Drive
I received a reply from Miranda:
"There are no differences, the "RF" is a reference to an updated version of the cranks, but all measurements are the same.
All cranks are sold in pairs, and come with selfscrewing installation bolts."
and
"The Bolts are the ones used in ISIS Spindles, M15 x 13.4mm."

Back