• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Will this motor mount work?

I'm installing a BBS02 on an aluminum frame bike. I've seen the famous thread and I'm trying to avoid a similar fate. Also my shifter cable runs down the downtube and under the BB. Since it's an IGH, it's not easy to reroute it along the seat stays, though technically possible.

I made this mount out of versimold. It's attached using the screw that one of the shifter cable housing clips used. It leaves a big enough gap that the shifter cable housing can run under it without getting pinched at all. And there's just barely enough gap that I could run the main harness cable under it, too, though I haven't decided about that.

How does this look? For reference, the bike is upside down, and you're looking at the underside of the downtube.

http://imgur.com/a/n5aAW

The main thing worrying me is if the motor torque will be transmitted to the screw hole, which would be bad. I think the force is mostly straight into the pad and there's not really much if any shearing force which is what would be getting applied to the screw, but I'm not certain. I'm thinking of hot-gluing the pad to the tube just to be safe.

Thoughts? Thanks!

Back