Winter Riding, keeping warm.

I just got a snood off ebay ~£12 / $18. Well, it's the second one I've had and almost twice the price of the first- it has 3 toggles on to pull closely to the face leaving less exposed skin. The first one showed 3 toggles in the picture but only had 1 toggle when it came- the supplier seemed a little unhappy that I didn't want it!

snood.jpg

I also went rash and got a cape too- I'll not mind any laughing if I'm dry! My knees get wet while wearing it though.

cape.jpg

alsmith said:
I just got a snood off ebay ~£12 / $18. Well, it's the second one I've had and almost twice the price of the first- it has 3 toggles on to pull closely to the face leaving less exposed skin. The first one showed 3 toggles in the picture but only had 1 toggle when it came- the supplier seemed a little unhappy that I didn't want it!

snood.jpg

I also went rash and got a cape too- I'll not mind any laughing if I'm dry! My knees get wet while wearing it though.

cape.jpg

Interesting! What is the snood made of? Looks like fleece?

And that cape looks like it would keep some of the rain from soaking through where it's acting more like a tent on top, but the fact that it covers everything up on the handlebars is too much of a compromise for me, but as you say, staying dryer is better than looking "kewl". :wink:

The snood says fleece, and 100% polyester on the label.

The cape has velcro fastened slits in each side that you can put your arms through, so it doesn't need to go right over the handlebars meaning it doesn't hide the lights, CA, etc. The pic isn't too clear- maybe a bit better on the red one:
cape-red.jpg

Back