Wiring: Turnigy receiver controlled switch

Murfix

100 W
Hello,

I've bought this item for my E-board to switch on/off LED's using my RC controller:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__46040__Turnigy_Receiver_Controlled_Switch.html?strSearch=turnigy%20receiver%20controlled
I'm thinking the aircraft people use it all the time, hence the question in this forum.

I've wired it up as shown on the wiring diagram, but I can't get it to work. Here's what I got:
ccge.png

All useful information is welcome!

yopappamon said:
We would need more detailed information on the switch and LED. LED's have a polarity, some switches also do, so if they are wired backwards it will not work.
The LED polarity is correct because I tried this circuit without the switch and it worked (LED connected to the 12V pins of the BEC). The switch's 2 wires are both red, but I tried reversing the polarity anyway and that had no effect.

I don't think so, but could there be a difference if I wired the switch on the (-) side of the LED? I know it's common to have the switch on the live wire, but in a lot of cars the switch is on the (-) side of the load. I'll try it out anyway after work.

Thanks for your reply

Murfix said:
I don't think so, but could there be a difference if I wired the switch on the (-) side of the LED? I know it's common to have the switch on the live wire, but in a lot of cars the switch is on the (-) side of the load. I'll try it out anyway after work.
No success.

Back