World Domination, I just got my self a 3d Printer!!!

MattyCiii said:
...- but I don't know if I'd trust it as much as something machined from true blue billet aluminum or steel.

No.. it can not have the same mechanical properties as the original metal.
Its strength with be dictated by the "bonding" material ( Bronze ?).
Are there any examples of products other than decorative / ornamental ?

I just changed my print bed to painters tape, I got rid of the kepton tape, that stuff was annoying the hell out of me..

The blue painters tape is really so much better to print on !!! it sticks well, and is easy to apply on the board... the kepton bubbles up, where the blue painters tape does not do that at all. air flows through it.

Do you think it would be safe if i printed some drinking cups ??? and actually used them ?
i would not do it with ABS, but some people say PLA is food grade plastic, I cant find any information anywhere on that except some implants on humans use PLA...

Im not sure what PLA they use, Im not sure if all types of PLA are food grade or only some types.. I guess it has all come from the same place really.

for e.g. i would not be printing a glow in the dark cup, my insides my start glowing :)

This year for Christmas im going to be a cheap!!!

i am going to print friends and family stuff for their presents,

The kids will be getting a printer rubber band gun,
The adults are going to either get chess set or puzzles, wish i had a 3d scanner so i could make each family member a chess piece, id be the pawns for sure

just saved like $1000 or maybe less, around this..lol

Latest print, fast speed, 25 mins each housing with .20mm layer height, full infill, but looks like nozzle setting needs to be changed slightly to get more infill as this is the .7mm nozzle

overall
It will make it easier once i start using these housings, they work well!! better than the soft plastic ones from hk or just heat shrink, I smacked these ones in with a hammer, but i think if a dab of glue goes on the outside of the bullet b4 it goes in, it should be fine!
im gonna refine the design, and print off a board full, maybe 10 or 20 at a time, and not yellow, glow in the dark blue, or i have white PLA that is white under light, then when exposed to uv it glows green at night.

Attachments

• DSCN0810.JPG
    DSCN0810.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 1,799
  • DSCN0814.JPG
    DSCN0814.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 1,799
  • DSCN0815.JPG
    DSCN0815.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 1,799
i like the connectors nechaus but what about putting a couple of mounting holes for connection to battery boxes like the pelicans 1300 with a recess for an o-ring to keep the water out and there is a lot of wasted plastic in that rectangular cross section, maybe round the edges a little. But really like the progress your making. Am rather jealous that i don't have one.

ill need to buy a pelican box, so i can make goodies for it,

I did make rounded ones, but i actually like the square ones, i like the feel of it in my hands, lol

they are so solid!!, like you would need a hammer to even attempt to break them, no way anyone could break these housing in their hands, i think it might be humanly impossible
I sketched up a whole bunch of designs, rounded, ones with male and female clips ect...

nechaus said:
glow in the dark blue, or i have white PLA that is white under light, then when exposed to uv it glows green at night.

^^Id cough up some cash for a couple sets of blue for the new LiPO pack to bike connection...:) nice work

KiM

I can send you some for free man, if you have another design you would like me to print, pm it to me.

I weighed one of the connector housings on the kitchen scales its saying about 6 grams, so i think its close to 15-25 cents per connector, depending on how much the PLA cost
from $25 per kg to $50 per kg

If your interested in ever buying a printer, at least you would know what kinda results you would expect to get

sweet is that for when you need to disconnect quickly at night?

haha!

The only use i can think of would be doing something like this, but that's not really my style of riding, id rather be stealth quiet and fast haha

Attachments

• th.jpg
    th.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 1,561
I found this strange looking model on thingiverse.com so i printed it,

took 6 hours and 50 mins and with medium speed settings and no infill, so this a hollow object, shell only
Certainly far from being a perfect print, its actually kinda shitty, but i thought id post it up here because it took ages to print, dont think i posted a model type of print on this forum yet.
Needs to be cleaned up, but this is how it came out of the printer. Few mins with a stanley knife should be able to get rid of the edges that are not apart of the model

Attachments

• DSCN0836.JPG
    DSCN0836.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 1,537
If you want to work with stainless or other solid metals, you should consider sintering. Some newer processes are not so very different from 3D printing.

[youtube]Zn6xAxNJ8fY[/youtube]

[youtube]uu6Lemm_Dts[/youtube]

This one gets to be worth watching around 1:10
[youtube]88BPmL8cGAo[/youtube]

Don't miss this, even if he is ". . . .A bit nervous about riding it. "

It's so hard to stop watching any more of the videos on the side when you've found what you were looking for.

[youtube]hmxjLpu2BvY[/youtube]

Dauntless said:

It's so hard to stop watching any more of the videos on the side when you've found what you were looking for.

]

looks like that guy needs training wheels or his design is going to fall apart within a few km's

Things I still wanna print,

-Aquaponics stuff, Grow cups, grow beds, piping connection ect.. Perhaps try and print a pump
-Pan and tilt Camera stand, Something I can use a few cheap rc servos that are laying around.
-Electric automatic rubber band gun, ( something id have to design myself, not sure if i will do this)
-ebike stuff.. colorful CA housings ect...
-junction boxes for my electronic stuff
-Massive chess set that I can use on my Tiles inside the home , Fun once you have a few drinks and you know you can beat your friends at chess :)
-Tool holders for when i get my new work benches
I think of stuff everyday to print..

ebikes and 3d printing have become my number 1 hobby's!

Aquaponics stuff, hmmmmmmmmmmm.......
(so thats how you afford this all...)

nechaus said:
Dauntless said:

]

looks like that guy needs training wheels or his design is going to fall apart within a few km's

It looks like he don't ride. Don't ride.

not the best paint job, but i wanted to see what it would look like..

Im now printing a grim reaper kind of thing, if it completes ill post a picture of that as well.

Something about this print, he looks like a wimpy skeleton

Attachments

• DSCN0841.JPG
    DSCN0841.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 1,482
Mine is the 25% completed one, so far so good.
I should have made the layer height .10 mm tho. atm its on .20mm, should take about 6 hours according to the program

Attachments

• 25%.JPG
    25%.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 1,482
  • 100_0209_preview_card.jpg
    100_0209_preview_card.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 1,482
Back