x-1 pro in frame build

Föppel

100 W
Hey guys, just got my motors, ordered 2 chain kits and some more parts to try different combinations.

will build one bike with the motor in the frame, so i have to separate the controller from the sheets and mount it elsewhere, probably under the downtube, near the BB.

controller looks nice and is pretty small, its the 48-52Volt version.

motor fits nice in this Specialized Epic Elite-frame, i tought that it would have some kind of flex, but it feels rock solid for now

there would be enough space in the frame to mount a EM3-Supershark, but i try to keep the bike as light as possible, so i think i will go for the backpack-style again... but not sure, since it would be a such a nice fit.

we will use the new HG2-Cells from Em3ev for both bikes. Im very happy with the 14S4p and 14S5p-packs with those cells. not sure about the specs, but feels more powerfull than the Samsung 30Q and 25R-packs (?).

I will limti the power to something a bit over 2kw.

As it was a question in the X-1 Pro-Topic, here some pics to help estimating the distances for the gearing on the short mounting-sheets

Grantmac:

Thats the situation with the short motor mount, 12T / 63T

i think the big "standart sproket" is a 72T (?), and the driver sproket is 11T.
Here is a foto with 12T / 73T for comparison:

i guess on the short motor mounts, 11T/63T would work, 11T/72T probably not (maybe a very tight fit). But if you lower the distance between the two axles (motor and BB), there will be less tooth involved on the driver sproket.

so far im very impressed with the quality of the kit

Back