Your Creation's Before & After Pics

biohazardman said:
Giant Trance3 BMC 600 build

Well figured before and after should be done before I had trashed the thing.
Before it was one of these.

View attachment 4
Now as an e-bike it looks like this
View attachment 2

After
Building a couple of wheels with 12ga spokes
Upgrading to 8inch brake rotors
Installing a 600BMC rear motor with a crummy axle Déjà-vu
Replacing the MTB crank with a 53-tooth road crank and finding an 11-34 freewheel
Modding a throttle for remote operation
Building my first real A123 pack 2p14s
Installing a rear rack and pack
Fitting fenders that didn't fit.
Putting together a brake motor cutout switch
Modding a Kickstand so it would fit
Putting on a torque arm. and a few goodies lights, speedo mirror ect.

View attachment 3

View attachment 1

Top speed 1st gear locks on at 17mph 2nd gear at 30mph controlled by thumb on the the Shimano rapid-shift front derailleur. Finger lever used to release the locked throttle.
Climbs hills 4mph faster than my GM 500w motor at the same 48V but it is not silent. Cushy ride across the playground, down the dirt roads, off curbs ect.
52lbs with the cable lock, kickstand , 4.6AH bat that gets me near 7 miles at 30MPH. Does not tear my back up like the hard tail Schwinn did.
Still working on;
Battery pack 2
600LM bike light kit
Brake light
5 amp and 8amp chargers as well as 2.8 amp on board.
single wheeled trailer for extra batts and range as well as hauling
lets not forget to replace the hose clamp being used for the torque bar
This build took just over a year and it was done with little use of my damaged right arm. The arm is good enough to ride now so I am doing plenty of it 190 miles so far.
More info on the build http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11478

WOW!!! I Love how you have managed to hide the wires almost magically! I can't see wire ties or anything, how did you secure the main motor wiring? Is it going through passages in the frame like some of the cables do on some bikes?

Beautiful build!! :shock: :shock: :shock: 8) 8) 8) :!: :!: :!: (WE REALLY need clapping/drooling/bowing emotes!!! :? )

I was lucky the rear triangle had holes of the right size and in the right place to feed the motor wires through. Hard to believe when I first saw it. I just had to remove the burrs at the edges of the holes to make it a tight but manageable fit for the motor wires. Wires go into the triangle just behind the kickstand and come out of the triangle and back into the suspension through another factory hole within an inch. There is not much, room for the A123 batteries in the triangle though. Lipo soon to come and they will fit better, take up less space, even with the upgrade from 48 to 60V.

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=15600#p232413

biohazardman said:
I was lucky the rear triangle had holes of the right size and in the right place to feed the motor wires through. Hard to believe when I first saw it. I just had to remove the burrs at the edges of the holes to make it a tight but manageable fit for the motor wires. Wires go into the triangle just behind the kickstand and come out of the triangle and back into the suspension through another factory hole within an inch. There is not much, room for the A123 batteries in the triangle though. Lipo soon to come and they will fit better, take up less space, even with the upgrade from 48 to 60V.

Very Nice! I think I know what full suspension bike to get for my next project, but it's going to be hard to choose since I want an ICE bike too .. hmmm :twisted:

colby said:
thanks guys!

i really appreciate it.

yeah, they turned out well considering my limited tools and space (hacksaw and a power hand drill) the bracket is kind of my signature for my bikes :) it definitely has more purpose on the EB1.

i really liked the EB1, but i built the EB2 because i wanted something safer and lighter at higher speeds and have the ability to shift the motors.

the EB1 was heavy as hell and every time you would hit a pothole you thought you might die :shock:

EB2 is a 2006 giant pistol 1 with aluminum frame. great bike. hayes hydraulic disc brakes, fox rear shock, etc. here's a link about it:

http://www.mtbr.com/cat/older-categories-bikes/older-allmtnbikes/giant/pistol-1/PRD_413304_1576crx.aspx

here's a couple more pics.

charging.
IMG_0418-1.jpg

IMG_0421-1.jpg

controls:
watt meter
blue=headlight
red=taillight
key=controllers on/off
silver=battery on/off

IMG_0011-1.jpg

changes to come:
24" rims with 2.5 hookworms
new custom bracket/battery box and home made seat (kind of like a dirtbike seat)
kelly 100 amp controller...and if the motors die after proper cooling and gearing. maybe a etek/mars or possibly rc. the motors should be fine though (short 4kw bursts with very low gearing) will see though :|
2 more bosch fat packs (in the mail right now)

thanks for looking :)

think I'll start a separate thread for this :wink:

Very interesting way of making room for the batteries!

I think I might just have to STEAL that idea :mrgreen: , I've been trying to figure out where to put 4 more batteries, was already thinking I needed a way to put them on top of the top tube, and your design looks like just the trick, just no trail use right? Hate to see what happens to the family jewels if you side forward off the seat! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I don't want to interrupt the conversation but here is my build.

I used a mongoose blackcomb, 9x7 rear 9c motor, 12fet 72v 45a controller, 18s 66.6v 10ah turnigy lipo, and I custom made the battery rack.

30-35mph crusing, 37.9mph gps confirmed top speed, uknown range atm,,, I love this bike. :mrgreen:

before
S7302160-1.jpg

after
S7302227.jpg

Thought i would add my latest creation to the 'album' here, although it still
requires powdercoat/chrome and some painting here and there it is now
rideable and in use-->

Before_&_After.jpg

:mrgreen:

Shall update pic when painted...

KiM

If there was one thing I'd like see done with a bike it's for me to make up a basic design for it's purpose, then turn you loose on it to make it actually work and build itthe frame. Then turn Methods and Recumpence and Liveforphysics loose on the power systems and drivetrain.... Thud can design the shiftable transmission. Oh and Goodrum and Fechter can compete with Methods and DoctorBass to design the battery pack and BMS. 8) The problem would be getting it here afterwards. :lol: Oh, and paying for it. :roll:

So in the meantime, I'm having my own version of fun, so here's DayGlo Avenger MkII. First is it's secret identity as a nearly normal bike, then it's real identity as a low-grade superhero. Er, superbike. Well, sort of. :)

Before adding anything but baskets, back at the end of 2005.
Columbia26Inch.JPG

Before adding the first motors, but after adding the lights and first incarnation of the trailer hitch
file_010.jpg

After adding the first almost-successful motors:
DSC00289.JPG
DSC00290.JPG

After adding the first successful motors, in all their craptasticness:
FrictionDrive2.0.2Rightside.JPG
FrictionDrive2.0.2Leftside.JPG
FrictionDrive2.0.2RightsideForwardBottomMotor.JPG

And as it is now with the Fusin geared hubmotor up front, and the NiMH pack and controller in the cargo pod:
DSC02453.JPG
As you can see, the paint is really really faded, despite not actually being in direct sunlight all that much (since for most of last year I used CrazyBike2 instead). This is wny you should never use RustOleum. Krylon would've been way better (but no one here carried any of the DayGlo Krylon locally). Even in the original pics you can see it all cracked and mottled, that happened as it was being applied, despite perfect painting conditions, years of spraypaint experience, and well-prepared (though still powdercoated) surfaces. :( The only thing not faded is the (newish) construction flag taped to the side of the cargo pod. :)
.View attachment 3
DSC02450.JPG

Hello there, my first post here. I've been working on my 3 year old go-one the last few weeks installing a Crystalyte 409 hubmotor at 36V. The main challenge was that I wanted to keep my Rohloff. To accomplish this I had to move the Rohloff inside my velomobile using it as an intermediate axle. Here are some pics.

Attachments

• DVCI0013a.JPG
    DVCI0013a.JPG
    198.4 KB · Views: 2,665
  • DVCI0008a.JPG
    424.8 KB · Views: 7,712
  • DVCI0007a.JPG
    DVCI0007a.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 2,667
AussieJester said:
dirk1965 said:
[googlevid]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCIpPGzPb-s[/googlevid]

your video is posted on YOUTUBE not GoogleVid hence your tags arent working :shock:

KiM

[youtube]JCIpPGzPb-s[/youtube]

I fixed it, on this forum to link a video use the [youtube][/youtube] brackets and insert only the last part of the Youtube link...for your video it is ... JCIpPGzPb-s :D
go-one ... interesting :)

BeforeGiant OS 3 Ebikekit build before motor.jpg

And afterGiant OS 3 Ebikekit build.jpg

See the Dogmans commuterbike v 3.0 thread in the pics section for the full description

dogman said:
BeforeView attachment 1

And after

See the Dogmans commuterbike v 3.0 thread in the pics section for the full description
Hey Dogman,

I recognize that tool box. It is a "My Buddy- Tradesman" toolbox. I have a red one that I still use daily on my job. :)

Matt

Full suspension, a big headlight and enough room in the packs to move out into the wilderness for a few days instead of sleeping on the
couch. ;^) Hard to beat that.

All I've got's an after... Just added Bionx PL350 R to my home built recumbent tandem. The bike is 11 years old & it runs great with the Bionx kit; you hardly know it's there, the battery is enclosed in the rear rack "cage". You can read more about my bike at:

http://tender-learning-care.com/mybike.html

P1000021rs.jpg

The seat post weirdness is to accomodate an edge-of-bell-curve body.

Before:
https://picasaweb.google.com/108149798664924808733/Bikes#5491533963713974114

After:
Weight: 53 lbs w/1 battery. Add 2.4 lbs for each additional battey.
https://picasaweb.google.com/108149798664924808733/Bikes#5579581135362714210

Attachments

• Surly 1x1 Summer Mode.jpg
    421.3 KB · Views: 4
Decided an eBike would be fun for commuting to work.
Picked up a full suspension and then changed my mind.
Found this commuter.
factory_pic.jpg

Ordered a BMC V3 kit … had lots of issues. :shock: Seemingly everything replaced, It is finally working "right"!
ebike_fixed_small.jpg

Yes, that grey mass is a battery (edit... now black in that photo). I cut an aluminum strip and bent it to fit useing the 2 water bottle mounts to secure it. Then glued down rubber padding and use straps to hold the battery in place. So far so good, it stays put and is easy to slide either battery into that spot.

15026_298051167705_513492705_291847.jpg

15026_298047067705_513492705_291846.jpg

15026_298049617705_513492705_291847.jpg

The Go-One is no more. Crashed it on a parked SUV at 06:30 in the morning last week (Wednesday). Just got back from the hospital. Haven't seen the Go-One in daylight yet but it seems to be bent in a lot of peculiar places. Am still thinking wether to buy a new Go-One, repair it or buy some different velomobile. The reason that I didn't see the SUV, was that another car was blinding me with it's headlights. Crashed into the car at 30km/h without even braking. The moment I noticed the SUV was the moment it's rear fender was inches away from my face. Luckily the nose of my bike crashed on te rear tyre of the car, otherwise, I'm afraid I would have gone under the car with all consequences involved.
Will post pictures of the crashed bike as soon as my bike dealer sends them to me.

Wow, sorry to hear that dirk1965, glad your doing better than your velo! :shock:

Blinding from headlights is my biggest concern when riding at night. Not much to be done about it especially now that everyone has to have these HID's that don't really light up the night for the driver as much as blind others. :evil:

Back