Specialized BigHit + Cyclone 1200w

Hi dave nice vids, I'm much jealous :) .
There is a lot of mixed reviews regarding the cyclone kit, some folk say they are noisy, unreliable and under powered.
just wonderd what your views are so far?
cheers Craig .

Im really impressed so far. We have not had a single problem or failure yet. Today we ran the blue one alongside my Bomber for 3 hours, in clay like mud with no problems. Controllers dont even get warm, both motors pull just over 2000w peaks. Just make sure if you do build one to make sure all the chain lines are straight and well tensioned.
Also for offroad, make sure to use 24" wheels if you like climbing hills, after testing both it is defo alot better on 24's.
Cheers Dave

dave.a said:
Im really impressed so far. We have not had a single problem or failure yet.

I think it must be said, this is because of the exceptional install you have done. Mount it up with stock fittings and you'd
be lucky to ride out of sight on a dark night... Kudos on the vids ;)

KiM

Thanks Kim, i put alot of thought and effort into this build.
There are a few upgrades and changes coming in the next week or so, mainly the frame mods and stickers :)
I have a question though, has anyone run on 14s? Im wanting just a little more power and have the room for 14s at 24AH.
Its still running really well with no problems still, and the motor/controller run quite cool.
Cheers Dave

Heres the frame so far, better pictures will come soon when ive got it home in my garage
fba4c940.jpg

And heres the new front end almost ready
3e3e7586.jpg

Nice video!

How the two compare on jumps and drops in terms of balance?

Sounded like a cracking noise when the Bomber hit the ground on the rock drop. What was it?

Not sure what the noise was, maybe chain slap? In terms of handling jumps the big hit is much easier to move around in the air but the Bomber is Very well balanced. I cant wait to fit the new frame as the weight balance will be much better.
Dave

A few picture updates
42e3e2c7.jpg

34b80834.jpg

021621c9.jpg

5a11df72.jpg

f7193ec3.jpg

84625bf5.jpg

fbc52642.jpg

7ce3eae9.jpg

e08a6bff.jpg

5e88ec18.jpg

I can fit max 8 x 6s 8ah packs in the frame, currently running 14s 24ah.
Next build will be the same frame with the same boxing but using a mac 10 turn.
Cheers Dave

looking real nice mate! Whats the width of your cranks? are they 150mm?

The crank is the standard item from cyclone. 148mm i think.
Had a good play day in the snow on Sunday, no videos though, sorry.
e17b4a64.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys. I will get some more videos up soon.
Also im planning on using the mac as a midrive once ive figured out which turn will be best to use with my chainring setup. 32/44.
Any input is more than welcome :)
Also if anyone wants a frame or full bike making give me a shout!
Dave

Dave, I use the 10T on my commuter bike and having all that torque is awesome. I run it on 12s for 23mph top speed on a 26" wheel but it launches off the line better than a DD hub with twice the amps thrown at it. 35A limit set on the CA means it never gets remotely warm. I'd imagine it would work really well as a mid drive unit. Might need to upgrade the phase wires if you want to put more than 50A through it. Also not nearly as noisy as the cyclone as it uses plastic gears not metal. I've got a 6T and 8T as well and I prefer the 10T just because it has so much more torque off the line

Back