Spooky tooth death race 2010

What do ya get out of that thing MPH wise? is it only 24 volts? How many amps?

not sure i just finished it. im finding it a little faster do to its a lighter frame than the Schwinn izip. that and double the sla capacity 2x20ah :mrgreen:

hay for $20 its a deal :wink:

the guy that had the izip parts upgraded to a 2 stroke motor i got the kit. 24volt 35amp controller.

Cool, one of these would be great for my wife's bike, easy install and cheap! Anybody ever try these with a 36V 500 watt controller?

I wasn't sure what the source of the morini motor was. For sure welding on frames it not only allowed but expected. But near as I could tell by looking at bikes, everything there had some kind of bike frame history. I believe even a moped frame would be ok, because it comes with pedals But a ninja 250 with pedals added that don't function would likely be kicked out. Get the pedals to operate on a ninja 250, and hey they might allow it. But I think the basic thing to look at is the recently passed Arizona motorized bicycle law. If it fits that surely you can run it in the Death Race, with maybe some tweaks for more speed of course. The whizzer, a modern made equivilant of the earliest motorcycles has pedals, so it was in. I don't know for sure, but somebody was saying it was a 125 cc. Everything else on the track was 65-90cc depending on the head mods.

The franco morini motors are standard issue for all non shifting mini moto racers.

Cobra, KTM, LEM (just a few) all use them on their bikes I like the water cooled version.
http://www.herdan.com/images/042367.JPG

These babys rip (I have ridden the KTM50sx with this motor in it) I am trying to talk a buddy out of his air cooled unit....his kids are scared to death of it. :p

can't figure where to put a battery though.....this is endless sphere after all.

Just got spark out of our morini ignition today. Rebuilt the clutch and carb last weekend. Almost ready to go! For my kids to ride though, not going on a bicycle..

yet.

Thud are you thinking about a hybrid with one of them? That could be fast.

VI,

Every thing I build is fast.............. :wink:

About that 1000W or 1500W heat race, I'd love it and could do that :!: Due to past injuries, I'm cautious, but sub 30mph and having a role in the 'Birth of E-bike Racing' sounds too good to pass on. Whatever wattage 48V 20 or 25amp works out to, or 36V 30amp (guess 'bout 1000W or 1250W) sounds great. Surely we can con 6+ riders to take part. Some might even be able to take 2 bikes, those stinky riders might love the chance to run in an e-bike heat just for grins if someone offerred 'em a free ride :mrgreen:

Yeah, the one time I got through the tight hairpin at 29 mph was plenty scary enough, and even cornering the tight ones at 25 is a thrill. So for most people without a lifetimes experience on motorcycles it will be quite challenging just on a stock hub kit at 48v. Get company in the corners and the thrill gets even better. Lots of people will be perfectly happy to run in a 48v class.

Yeah, people keep scoffing Safe's plan for a 1000 watt race, but take a ride on that track on the 1000 watt bike I ran last time, and I bet most won't corner it with full throttle on. 30 mph is plenty on that track for scaring yourself.

Back