Spooky tooth death race 2010

btw ... at 150 volts amd 150 amps ... Mark's 602 motor will do 100 MPH easy. :mrgreen:

GOOD LUCK with the TORQUE ARMS! :D :D :D :D

MATH ...
150V x 150A = 30 HP (that is CONTINUOUS btw)

BUT! ... Set the software to "OVER AMP BURST"! :mrgreen:

XieChang ... Wang Chung Baby!

[youtube]BoXu6QmxpJE[/youtube]

If you build it ... They will come ...

(anyone want a 36-fet glycol cooled 150V-400A "Wang Chung" Controller? On my ToDo list! :D )

:shock:

OH I definitely want one, but I cant afford the motor or battery(70 22.2V 5000maH lipo packs to equal 50AH and 155 volts @ 69.00 each = $4830.00+tax not to mention you need a trailer for the batts!)!!!! 100MPH :shock: :shock: :shock: on a BIKE? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: WHOOOOOOOLY CHI,TA!

How many AH would you really need to run that baby and get any kind of real mileage out of it at 96 volts? Cuz It would actually be a BAAD mofo off road motor for a wicked mountain bike!

Mark People Love Your MOTOR!
Sent: Tue May 25, 2010 9:31 pm
To: markcycle

People Love Your MOTOR!

Feel Free ... :D

Whiplash said:
How many AH would you really need to run that baby and get any kind of real mileage out of it at 96 volts? Cuz It would actually be a BAAD mofo off road motor for a wicked mountain bike!

Oh yeah REAL good offroad swing that much unsprung weight off a swing arm of a bicycle... :roll: Frock motor
suck ass for serious off road bicycles most frock fan bois with a clue will admit to that.

Put me down for a wang chung controller need me one for the colossus motor im getting :)

KiM

AussieJester said:
Whiplash said:
Oh yeah REAL good offroad swing that much unsprung weight off a swing arm of a bicycle... :roll: Frock motor
suck ass for serious off road bicycles most frock fan bois with a clue will admit to that.

Put me down for a wang chung controller need me one for the colossus motor im getting :)
KiM

LOL "Unsprung Weight" I Had a LONG LONG discussion about this with Mark.

Sorry Aussie ... NOT! You want I explain? ...

MOST of All the "mass" of the hub motor is fixed. In reality it is BETTER than a CHAIN DRIVE!
The "rotating - gyroscopic mass" is LESS ... Not more.

Great reason for Mark to chime in ... assuming we are not too OT.

But for sure ... the 602 IS NOT FOR BICYCLES! IT IS A MOTORCYCLE ENGINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(except for methods and other INSANE folks! :p )

Aussie,

Don't get me wrong.

It would be an HONOR and a PRIVILEGE to work with you on the "Glycol" monster! :D

So so so easy to build too. HA HA … Internal micro pump powered by the on-board VR circuit.

JUST ADD A RADIATOR BRO!

You want we work on this together?

(Your most humble (asshole) servant - Knuckles)

8)

Knuckles said:
You want I explain? ... MOST of All the "mass" of the hub motor is fixed. In reality it is BETTER than a CHAIN DRIVE!
The "rotating - gyroscopic mass" is LESS ... Not more.
Yes, please explain. (...in another thread?)

Knuckles said:
the 602 IS NOT FOR BICYCLES! IT IS A MOTORCYCLE ENGINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'd try it if not for the price :twisted: An x5306 on 100v is still something I'm considering though

Knuckles said:
(Your most humble (asshole) servant - Knuckles)
hahaha

I reckon 2wd 1000w motors would go ok in this race. Run a seperate wattmeter to each to prove they're only drawing 1000w :wink:

Hyena said:
Knuckles said:
the 602 IS NOT FOR BICYCLES! IT IS A MOTORCYCLE ENGINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'd try it if not for the price :twisted: An x5306 on 100v is

Count me in on the list of insane if I had the cash!

Whiplash said:
if I had the cash!
Not being able to afford it is part of the maddnesss :wink:
would a TRIPPLE DOG (man) DARE be enough motivation you to sell a kidney? (to finance an amature bicycle race !?!?!)

you know you wanna....go ahead, its easy. Kids do fine without collage...you will get famouse, Chicks Dig racers.
(jab,jab,jab)

you would never regret it either way.

:D :D :D 8) :mrgreen:

Re the hubmotor dirt bike. Light gearmotor sucked, too weak. Heavy 5304 handling sucked. I'll admit the handling issues might have been more worth it with more power, but still, the bike felt weird. 6x10 hubmotor, 10 pounds lighter feels ok to me. Compared to the handling of a bare pedaler, the handling sucks, but it's better than the 5304 by a LOT. There's a reason the zero doesn't use a hubmotor. But for a dirtbike, the rear 9c seems to be a decent hubbie. I haven't tried the pumas or bmc though, but I suspect my 9c is staying cooler.

For street though, Marks motor would be a great way to do an easier conversion of a motorcycle to electric, compared to the chain drive method. If nothing else, more room for batteries in the middle of the bike. But a dirt bike, I'd rather have a chain drive.

I hear ya there, I just don't know how I can include pedals with the motor up front and still have room for the batts? I figure, the bigger motors like the ones they use in the Zero are a bit watt hungry aren't they? How many AH would one need to get the bike to go at least 20-30 miles cruising around 30MPH with one of those bigger NON hub brushless motors? See, I have to have pedals to convince the local POPO's that it's a bicycle, not a motorcycle. But I MUST have enough power to hit at least 40MPH or very close to that, and range of 20 REAL miles, as I will be using this to get to work @ 8 miles both ways with 4-5% grades of good distances in both directions..

I'd think a 9c 9x7 at 72v oughta do you for that ride. 10 ah of 72v oughta be enough. If the motor heats up, start drilling holes in the cover.

I know, I was just dreaming BIG! LOL! There is a video of that motor on a 125 dirtbike, mark can't ride it to save his life, but it looks fast! And it was only on 100V with I think 50A and a 15AH battery!

OK, I was thinking something like this might work better?...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbqZwp9tBVQ

Nice! And the jetwash wouldn't even be a problem after the first turn in the Death Race. :lol: The debris in the track 1/2 mile away might be a problem though.

Near as I can tell the only real rule in the deat race is build it with a bicycle frame and pedals. I don't think custom frames are illegal, and you can modify them all you want. Just can't be a motorcycle with pedals stuck on. Not sure if they allow a real motorcycle engine though, ask Spooky Tooth cycles about that.

dogman said:
Not sure if they allow a real motorcycle engine though, ask Spooky Tooth cycles about that.

The morini is a motorcyle engine i believe i saw a bike in the video with one on. Was also in a full custom frame, remeber seeing
FS bike with plastic fuel tank on the front of the handlebars/stem?

KiM

dogman said:
I don't think custom frames are illegal, and you can modify them all you want.
When I emailed him to ask about the race/etc., I also had asked about my CrazyBike2 since it is fairly radically different from most of the stuff I saw on the pages about the race, and he didn't say anything about it being a problem.

So either it doesn't matter or he just ignored that part of my question. ;)

I thought you guys might get a kick out of that....

Back