12 kw rc motor

Would you be willing to make available your 3D model in a common format (such as OBJ)? I'd like to start playing around with mounting options.........

Now we need some little high performance magnetically coupled water pumps and little heater cores for radiators!!

I wonder what kind of power you can get from a water cooled astro or HXT?

Somethings aren't worth the complexity, but
What would the limits be...? speed?

I think the power level should be able to be doubled or more with the water cooling. It depends on how the passages are routed, but this is an exciting time to be doing an EV motorcycle or light car conversion. :)

The fittings for the water cooling, something like -6AN/JIC would be perfect.

With a motor like this, for a bicycle, I think we can forget about needing gearing, slip a pair of broached ENO's over a quality strong rear hub, have a reasonable single stage reduction, like 7:1 perhaps. The sensors enable running real controllers at real voltages. This makes doing serious e-bikes so much more simple, cheaper and so much more potent than they were before this motor.

HAL9000v2.0 said:
The dimensions will be the same but the shaft exits on other end.

motor is delta but it is no problem to leave all wires outside.

I agree that a fair bit of shaft length on both sides would be very nice. I don't think it adds much to the production costs and it will save some people a lot of trouble.

All wires outside would be great. The more options for us to choose, the better!

Thanks for the efforts! This seems to become a very promising product!!

I agree, -6AN/JIC would be just about perfect, black anodized. Some push lock Aeroquip hose and your golden. No hose clamps!
A little Al radiator with weld on -6AN would be nice along with a little swirl pot and pressure cap....
Double the power would be amazing power density even with the extra complexity.

Here are .obj and .stp files. Someone please check the files. They work for me but...

I will not revel the cooling system jet. I can only say the it is right under stator plates and it is not pipe and it is not in axle, it is chunk of 6061-T6 alu with 2,5 hours CNC time :)

Attachments

• outrunner.zip
    596.9 KB · Views: 158
That looks like a hell of a lot of extra work for those poor Chinamen. lol
All those radial passages will need to be tapped and pluged on the outside with grubscrews once the machining is finished as well.
Ton of labor time, machine time, and quite a lot of raw materials to build one of these monsters as well.
If you're really able to hit the $300/unit mark, this thing will be the greatest bargain in LEV motor history.

Thank you Mark and Hal for putting all the needed work and investment in this setup to get us hooked up.

These motors seem to be large enough to operate as a supercharger drive motor, so the sooner I can get a proto-type, the sooner I can get fabing up some brackets and a drive system to make an E-supercharger kit with this thing. :) If I can make something that can perform well and reliable in the real-world, this may mean triple digit order numbers of the motor from me.

liveforphysics said:
These motors seem to be large enough to operate as a supercharger drive motor, so the sooner I can get a proto-type, the sooner I can get fabing up some brackets and a drive system to make an E-supercharger kit with this thing. :) If I can make something that can perform well and reliable in the real-world, this may mean triple digit order numbers of the motor from me.

Now I see what it 8 pcs. for :)
Nice idea. Do you plan to go with reduction or better say multiplication gears? I use to try something similar with low pressure turbo but didn't have such machinery back then so it blows itself quite few times...
Can't wait to see results.

I've got a screw-type positive displacement internal compression supercharger laying on the floor of the tinkering room. 1.1L/revolution. RPM limit of 19,000rpm.
I figured I would throw an 11t motorcycle #520 chain sprocket on the supercharger input shaft, and a 25-30T #520 sprocket on the supercharger, make a bolt-together bracket setup. I figure I will need the voltage of 2x the safe no-load speed for the motor to not have the BEMF be decreasing the torque as RPM increases, because I need roughly flat torque, with linear power output increasing directly with RPM, so I kinda got fit motor to be running in just the up-hill starting part of the motors power curve.

It's not an easy burden for a motor, but it only needs to be thermally stable for 10-11seconds at a time, so I think it should be fine. :)

HAL9000v2.0 said:
Can't wait to see results.

Get a motor in my hands and you won't have to wait as long. :)

something like this : http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%2Fimages%3Fp%3Delectric%2Bsupercharger%26b%3D22%26ni%3D21%26ei%3Dutf-8%26y%3DSearch%26xargs%3D0%26pstart
?

markobetti said:
something like this : http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%2Fimages%3Fp%3Delectric%2Bsupercharger%26b%3D22%26ni%3D21%26ei%3Dutf-8%26y%3DSearch%26xargs%3D0%26pstart
?

Bad link?

oh yea it was bad link : http://www.akamoto.co.uk/electric-supercharger.asp this came to my mind ... but still i know it is
not what you were talking about

liveforphysics said:
I've got a screw-type positive displacement internal compression supercharger laying on the floor of the tinkering room. 1.1L/revolution. RPM limit of 19,000rpm.
I figured I would throw an 11t motorcycle #520 chain sprocket on the supercharger input shaft, and a 25-30T #520 sprocket on the supercharger, make a bolt-together bracket setup. I figure I will need the voltage of 2x the safe no-load speed for the motor to not have the BEMF be decreasing the torque as RPM increases, because I need roughly flat torque, with linear power output increasing directly with RPM, so I kinda got fit motor to be running in just the up-hill starting part of the motors power curve.

It's not an easy burden for a motor, but it only needs to be thermally stable for 10-11seconds at a time, so I think it should be fine.

Like this but better?
http://www.ecycle.com/supercharger.html

markobetti said:
oh yea it was bad link : http://www.akamoto.co.uk/electric-supercharger.asp this came to my mind ... but still i know it is
not what you were talking about

Nope, that electric supercharger is nothing but a gimick.

I had never seen that one before, but yes, quite a lot like that. :)

Or like this, except not using 3x crap brushed starter motors. lol
0406tur_knight02_z.jpg

gogo said:
liveforphysics said:

It's not an easy burden for a motor, but it only needs to be thermally stable for 10-11seconds at a time, so I think it should be fine.

Like this but better?
http://www.ecycle.com/supercharger.html

THIS IS THE OFFICIAL LOGO , HOPE YOU LIKE IT GUYS

ANYWAY , WE RE MAKING WEB SITE WHERE WE WILL UPLOAD ALL USER VIDEOS AND PICTURES

markobetti said:
THIS IS THE OFFICIAL LOGO , HOPE YOU LIKE IT GUYS

ANYWAY , WE RE MAKING WEB SITE WHERE WE WILL UPLOAD ALL USER VIDEOS AND PICTURES

I love it!!!

The shaded background face is a bit creepy once you notice it... Well, I'm really curious about this motor and I think I'll order one when it will be available. Don't make us wait too long!! :D

As a side note, what controller are you guys going to use?

Back