12 kw rc motor

liveforphysics said:
Arlo1 said:
I am going to build the stupidest E YSR with one of these motors!

Right on Arlo!!! :) :) :)

Somebody has got to be the first to rip a bicycle frame in half from torque. :)
I am trying but the bmx is holding up great man the bike paths are awsome for my bmx! Two days ago I was seeing what it would be like to be toped out on the bike path beside the highway were cars are supsoed to go 90 right beside me and I got up to 84 and looked over as a car slowly went by then looked at the next car slowly going by and it was a cop lol not sure if he knoticed a bmx on the bike path going 84km/h or not but I turned off and dissapeered fast! I could use a bit better cooling for the summer but I will have thats soon. And no mater how tight I get my pinch bolts and axle nuts the axle slowly creeps forward! It is so cool having such smooth power I find my front wheel touching down at 50 - 60 km/h all the time and its not turning very fast because I just floted a power wheely out of a corner! I am giggling every time I ride it! So next is a Yamaha YSR converted ! I have a rolling Chassis I got given to me can wait to make it fly!

he s not going to be the only one.. i am makink a dwnhill frame for this bike, and going to ask hal to finalise design :) so we ll see arlo. The game is on :)

If i can get my hands on one ill be building a custom frame around one myself
using motorcyle components, wheels suspension brakes etc...

KiM

GREAT AUSSIE :):)::) WE LL HAVE TO MAKE A NEW THREAD - FOR ALL OF US THAT ARE BUILDING TWO WHEEL DRIVES WITH COLOSSUS ..?
ARLO , YOU LL GET IT... STILL WAITING FOR SAMPLES AND HALS TEST

AussieJester said:
If i can get my hands on one ill be building a custom frame around one myself
using motorcyle components, wheels suspension brakes etc...

KiM
I'll have to take the "easy" way out and use the Triumph 955 roller (with GSXR front end) I have in the spare room. Roller is relative though as I need to change out the swingarm bearings and get it connected back to the frame.

Triton

Attachments

• Norton and 955 frames (Small).JPG
    Norton and 955 frames (Small).JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 1,970
markobetti said:
he s not going to be the only one.. i am makink a dwnhill frame for this bike, and going to ask hal to finalise design :) so we ll see arlo. The game is on :)
This is what Im building and I cant use the engine in the frame not only because its cratered but the title on the frame is for parts only. SO I will be registering it as a
YOU-Built. I will be getting startted very soon! I love it I want compittion! I dedided this is the bike for pikes peak it has suspension and wont destroy my back and is small and light and corners very well!

Attachments

• rone-sm.jpg
    rone-sm.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 2,087
well since we are akin different things it ait going to be much of competition, but we will all get motors in similiar time so , it will be interested to see who makes what with the same amount of time :))

I'd love to see how this works out....

still confused about controller.... sevcon millipak will generate 100amps, where can I get a 200amp controller from guys :D

Hal and i are doing everything to find suitable solution ; better to say reliable solution .....for the guys who want to run it sensorless : like me :)... You can use any controller that has enough power . Motor has hal sensors . Depends on your requirements

Arlo1 said:
markobetti said:
This is what Im building and I cant use the engine in the frame not only because its cratered but the title on the frame is for parts only. SO I will be registering it as a
YOU-Built. I will be getting startted very soon! I love it I want compittion! I dedided this is the bike for pikes peak it has suspension and wont destroy my back and is small and light and corners very well!

HEY ARLO , DONT GET ME WRONG ; I REALLY WANNA SEE THIS BUILD BUILT !:)

So a curtis 1204-412 at 48volts 300amps is in the game i take it?

markobetti said:
Hal and i are doing everything to find suitable solution ; better to say reliable solution .....for the guys who want to run it sensorless : like me :)... You can use any controller that has enough power . Motor has hal sensors . Depends on your requirements

Isn't that Curtis controller for a brushed motor? If so, then it won't run a brushless motor like this.

Jeremy

TRUE. ONLY CONTROLLERS FOR BRUSHLESS MOTORS AND ESC FOR SENSORLESS MOTORS . WE TRIED ONE CHEAP SENSORLESS CONTROLLER FOR EBIKES , BUT THE LOGIC OF CONTROLLER WAS TWO SLOW . ON 36V IT TURNED THE MOTOR FEW ROUNDS , BUT NOT VERY WELL ..SINCE HAL WAS NOT THERE AND SINCE HE MADE CHANGES TO MOTOR IT DOESENT REALLY MATTER , BECAUSE THE REAL TEST WILL BE ON SAMPLES THAT WE ARE WAITING. BUT i think its because of rpm limit for ebike hub motors that snesorless controllers have , right Jeremy ?

For technical questions about motor,i will let Hal and other members with more experience to answer , my knowladge of motors does not come even near Hals and other members of es

Some older ebike controllers have a fairly low max rpm limit, as they were designed for use with direct drive hub motors. Geared hub motors run at a fairly high electrical rpm though, and the newer ebike controllers, like the Infineon and 116 ones, seem able to run at high rpm OK. They can be run sensorless by adding the small sensorless module, but they are more controllable at low speed with Hall sensors.

Jeremy

Thanks for explanation. Can this chip fit any controller ? is the controllers efficiency the same ?

ANYWAY .COOMING SOON - WEB - WITH ALL TESTS VIDEO ....etc....
THE MOTOR ON THE PICTURE IS NOT COLOSSUS LQC . THIS IS JUST SOME PAINTED MOTOR TO FIGURE OUT THE PLACE FOR PICTURE

markobetti said:
Arlo1 said:
markobetti said:

HEY ARLO , DONT GET ME WRONG ; I REALLY WANNA SEE THIS BUILD BUILT !:)
So do I so step one is to get the motor then I can fab up the mounts and send the frame for powder coating!
I sent you an emil and I need to know how to get one of these motors I might get 2 or 3 because I have been looking for somthing like this for 2 years! I have all the stuff sitting there for my YSR build just no motor and once testing is done with the lipo I have I will order more lipo. I will test with my methods 100v controler I have seen 340amp peaks and 150 continous with it running my x5! I will be looking at what other options I have I was thinking 150 volt setup but I need to know if the motor can spin that fast! This build is happening 100% I have my ysr just sitting ther waiting for your motor!

tritonwow said:
patrickza said:
Hal how much power do you expect to get out of 5 motors once it's watercooled?

Speaking of water cooled, the Zilla manual mentions this type of water pump for their controllers:
http://www.premiumaquatics.com/thestore/prods/MJ1200.html

Would they work for the motors too?

Pumps used in PC watercooling would be ideal for this application...google Laing mcp350 or mcp650 pumps
they run off 12v. I use a pair of the mcp650s in my own pc They are next to silent and move large amounts of water. The mcp350s are smaller flatter style pump
you can get 'turbo' after market heads for them to further increase performance if so desired.

KiM

edit: p.s Thermochil are a great brand radiator also used in PC watercooling applications they come in a range of sizes to suit 120mm fans
these also would be perfect for this application IMO. If you want to ghetto it, car heatercores (used in the cars heating system, look like a small engine radiator) where all the fad in early 2000 for pc watercooling setups and also work well..

wish i knew more about this motor..I still don't know what kind of controller could work with this, as I have seen that very few brushless controllers exist that will operate at 200A...there is a serious void in the market for them.

Can someone list the cheapest 200A brushless controller on here as well please? it might make for more buyers for this motor if we n00bs can see what fits with the motor instead of feeling upset over not being able to operate the motor even if I bought it :wink:

novembersierra28 said:
wish i knew more about this motor..I still don't know what kind of controller could work with this, as I have seen that very few brushless controllers exist that will operate at 200A...

Kelly Controllers have many controllers that operate over 200amp

KiM

novembersierra28 said:
wish i knew more about this motor..I still don't know what kind of controller could work with this, as I have seen that very few brushless controllers exist that will operate at 200A...there is a serious void in the market for them.

Can someone list the cheapest 200A brushless controller on here as well please? it might make for more buyers for this motor if we n00bs can see what fits with the motor instead of feeling upset over not being able to operate the motor even if I bought it :wink:

Jeremy is building something special just for filling the gap in high-current BLDC controllers. :)

Any word on this yet I want to get my name on at least one of these!
Edit: Am I understanding correctly we can do WYE DELTA with these?

Back