12 kw rc motor

well , i am going to use Kelly controllers , really : u can use almost anything with this motor ..so i guess it depends on your needs....or whatever you have in your backyard :) ...

gip_mad said:
The shaded background face is a bit creepy once you notice it... Well, I'm really curious about this motor and I think I'll order one when it will be available. Don't make us wait too long!! :D

As a side note, what controller are you guys going to use?

the face in the background will be changed with other face ......i want to make a more power full expression, like when Goku is going crazy :) Just kidding

This is awesome!! I completely missed this thread, but put me down for one when the arrive. Also, I have only seen that one pic, does Hal or Mark have one of these in thier hands? I would like to see a pic if possible with something to scale it by. Carry on men!! EV nirvana awaits!!

markobetti said:
the face in the background will be changed with other face ......i want to make a more power full expression, like when Goku is going crazy :) Just kidding

Have the camera ready, then tell Hal someone has stolen his e-bike, start snapping pictures :mrgreen:

KiM

You could use the worlds most feared face in unarmed combat.
fedor-emelianenko-2.jpg

He takes a normal face, and turns it into goo.

sakuraba0qs_34178.jpg

liveforphysics said:
You could use the worlds most feared face in unarmed combat.
fedor-emelianenko-2.jpg

He takes a normal face, and turns it into goo.

sakuraba0qs_34178.jpg

heheh, man ,thats a little bit sick :)

AussieJester said:
markobetti said:

Have the camera ready, then tell Hal someone has stolen his e-bike, start snapping pictures :mrgreen:

KiM

Nice idea, i we got to try that one :twisted:

Fedor. Destroyer of all challengers. IMHO, definately the face to use for something you want to bring world-wide respect/fear.

[youtube]oDw3tUuoLpM[/youtube]

manY_moods_of_Fedor.jpg

fedorbear7ua11.jpg

fedor-mma-clothing.jpg

fedorgoosesm8.jpg

FedorIceCream.jpg

fedor_injured.jpg

:) YEAH , ITS A NEAT IDEA .. . This motor is going to be suprise not only to you guys, but to us ..... anyway the name is : COLOSSUS LQC (LIQUID COOLED) . AFTER WE ALL SEE THIS MOTOR RUNNING....AND SEE HOW IT ACTS M THAN WE CAN THINK ABOUT UPGRADES ALL TOGETHER....

Copy-cat! lol :) Looks fantastic Hal, and I think that will make a screaming powerplant for a 7. :)

Copy from my post a week or two ago. :)

You're drawing looks much better than mine, and I ended up with 2 x stacks of 6 motors in my drawings, but with the water cooling, I think 1 stack of 6 should be equal in power potential, and much lighter weight. :)

Thank you for all the hard work you've put into this project Hal. You're a very skilled builder and CADoodler. My CADoodles look like crap compared to yours.

If we both end up building 7's, we gotta see who's got the fastest down the 1/4. :)

Best Wishes,
-Luke

liveforphysics said:
I'm putting together some CAD sketches of coupling together 12 of these motors along the belly-pan of a lotus 7 kit to make an EV.

If I can mount the battery similarly low, I could make the lowest center of gravity lotus 7 kit in the world, and perhaps even the best handling lotus 7 in the world. Perhaps 350hp burst, 150hp continous, maybe 1,200-1,500lbs with driver.

Hal how much power do you expect to get out of 5 motors once it's watercooled?

The burst rate of these motors should be only limited by the quality of the magnets used (>40hp?). The RPM limitation of the front skirt bearing and cooling is the only limiter of the continuous power potential of the motors.

For my personal motors, I plan to replace the balls of the skirt bearings with ceramic. The lighter weight (less centripetal forces) ,harder, smoother, and less thermally sensitive balls should enable perhaps 50% additional RPM range, which should directly correlate to 50% more power when running on 50% higher voltage. This type of increase in power output can occur while causing no additional thermal burden on the motor.

Since the skirt bearing speed is the limitation on the RPM speed, perhaps the factory would like to offer a ceramic balls and/or full ceramic bearing option to jump the safe continuous RPM speed of the motor up? VBX bearings has been outstanding about working with me in the past for all my ceramic bearing needs, and sell open ceramic balls for very reasonable prices. If the factory doesn't want to mess with that, it's not a problem, I can do it myself without too much hassle.

Put me down for one. Sensored. Thermocoupled. Liquid cooled. :mrgreen:

Can these motors be stacked 2 series, 4 parallel mechanically? Like 4 motors drive one central shaft, mounted on same aluminum plate. And 2 stacks deep?
Best described as 4 motors in planetary gear configuration driving one central drive shaft.

Thanks.

I am going to build the stupidest E YSR with one of these motors!

Arlo1 said:
I am going to build the stupidest E YSR with one of these motors!

Right on Arlo!!! :) :) :)

Somebody has got to be the first to rip a bicycle frame in half from torque. :)

Back