12V system

anujdave23

1 µW
Hello ,
I am building EV scooter with 48V battery.
For lights, blinker and horn I am using (48->12V) DC DC Converter delivering max10A.
The system and the vehicle is functioning properly in normal condition.
But, when I keep the headlight(drawing 1.6A) or horn(drwaing 1.5A) switch ON, my main system or drive train is not able to fucntion and start up.
And its not a problem when I switch off the swtiches and run the system again, It is functioning properly.
Can you tell me possible reason or solution for this issue?

anujdave23 said:
Hello ,
For lights, blinker and horn I am using (48->12V) DC DC Converter delivering max10A.
But, when I keep the headlight(drawing 1.6A) or horn(drwaing 1.5A) switch ON, my main system or drive train is not able to fucntion and start up.
And its not a problem when I switch off the swtiches and run the system again, It is functioning properly.
How are you providing input voltage to the buck converter.

anujdave23 said:

If you post a diagram with the specific way you wired the system, for each wire in it including the ones to the items run from the DC-DC, and link to each of the items in use (DC-DC, controller, battery, light, horn, etc) so we can get details of their specs and limitations/etc., we might be able to see any errors in it that could cause the problem.

If it is not a wiring error then two main possibilties are:

--A defective DC-DC that when loaded at it's output is causing some problem at it's input that shuts down your system. (depends on exactly what your system does when the problem occurs; you'd have to provide complete details of that problem to make better guesses).

--A systemwide voltage drop triggered by the extra load of the DC-DC causing battery BMS to shutdown it's output, or controller LVC to shutdown motor operation.

Sometimes adding extra capacitors of sufficient capacitance, or an inductor/choke, just at the input to the DC-DC may help buffer or filter noise created by loading of the DC-DC, if that's the problem. Voltage drop under load might require a better system battery. Other problems would require more info to suggest tests to narrow down causes and provide solutions.

Back